Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2014, 09:46   #1

Unhappy For attention of patients of Myrtle House Surgery

I have been to make an appointment for tomorrow (Friday)and been told this is no longer possible, I have to ring at 8am on the morning I want my appointment to see if there is anything available. I could also go to the surgery at 8am and queue.
I asked why they had changed a perfectly good appointment system to this and was told that because they had merged with Oswald medical centre they were adopting their system!
The practice nurse is asking patients to write a letter of complaint to practice manager Ann Faddon, in the hope that if enough people do this they may have to rethink this ridiculous system.
If you are a patient at this surgery, and don't agree with this change, please write to Ann Faddon and express your concerns.

JBx

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-06-2014, 11:04   #2
Senior Member+

Re: For attention of patients of Myrtle House Surgery

I rang on Monday Last week to book an appointment with Doctor Dixon and was told he had no appointments till Friday 27th June. so I had to book that
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2014, 15:24   #3
Senior Member+

Haven't had any problems other than the locums we saw - asked for the next appointment to be changed to Dr Dixon - got one 3 days later, but could have called at 0800 hrs and booked one that day.
Old 19-06-2014, 15:37   #4
Senior Member+

You can't choose which doctor you want your appointment with when you ring on the day. If that is what they are going with then the phone line will be red hot in the mornings.
Old 19-06-2014, 16:03   #5

Unhappy Re: For attention of patients of Myrtle House Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
You can't choose which doctor you want your appointment with when you ring on the day. If that is what they are going with then the phone line will be red hot in the mornings.
And now when ringing the message I got was... 'we are experiencing large numbers of calls, if it is an emergency please hold, otherwise try again later'...how's that gonna work at 8 in the morning?

My letter of complaint has gone in this afternoon!
JBx

Jelly Baby
Old 19-06-2014, 16:06   #6

What will happen if you are at work/school/college? You may not be able to use the phone, especially if you have to keep trying. Lots of places don't allow mobile calls during work hours.
JBx

Jelly Baby
Old 20-06-2014, 17:19   #7
Full Member+

Sounds like they're going to be losing patients to other practices soon. People don't choose to be ill on a specific date in the future, when they need a doctor its usually as soon as possible. I think I'd be taking my illness elsewhere!
Old 20-06-2014, 18:28   #8
Senior Member+

I sent them an email last night to explain what is happening, but up to now I haven't had a reply.
Old 21-06-2014, 09:18   #9
God Member

looks like this place is going teh same way peel house medical practice at the pals center went...

downhill fast

whats even worse is its these sort of doctors surgeries that tried shutting down the out of hours service at accy vic hospital that sees people their own doctors wont make appointments for

quite a lot of doctors in accrington would have rather seen people go untreated than have another surgery treat them

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2014, 09:28   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

This problem is easily solved, Yeh either stay well, or die quietly.
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 21-06-2014, 10:39   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Sounds like they're going to be losing patients to other practices soon. People don't choose to be ill on a specific date in the future, when they need a doctor its usually as soon as possible. I think I'd be taking my illness elsewhere!
Yes, I'm thinking that way.
Does anyone know of a surgery that has a proper appointment system?
JBx

Jelly Baby
Old 21-06-2014, 11:51   #12
Senior Member+

You'll be luck nowadays. If you find one let me know.
Old 21-06-2014, 11:58   #13
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly baby View Post
Yes, I'm thinking that way.
Does anyone know of a surgery that has a proper appointment system?
JBx
I'm with Rhyddings Surgery on Union rd. Ossy. Never had a problem with appointments and if you really need to see a doctor the same day they usually can fit you in. The doctors are really nice and the waiting room bright and airy. The nurses are lovely too, and have been there for years.
Old 21-06-2014, 12:37   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
I'm with Rhyddings Surgery on Union rd. Ossy. Never had a problem with appointments and if you really need to see a doctor the same day they usually can fit you in. The doctors are really nice and the waiting room bright and airy. The nurses are lovely too, and have been there for years.
They aint taking people on these days, we moved up ossy in November n i went n asked. n only live round the corner.
Old 21-06-2014, 14:30   #15
Full Member+

I didn't know that. Can you put your name down on a waiting list for when someone leaves? (or is dispatched).

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..