Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2012, 23:08   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Frank Carson.

The popular comedian has died from cancer aged 85, Knew him from when i lived in Blackpool, Top Bloke, We bumped into him in a Bar in Benalmadena about 4 yrs ago, Had the bar in stitches n he was working across the road, R.I.P. funny man.
Old 22-02-2012, 23:13   #2
God Member

Re: Frank Carson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The popular comedian has died from cancer aged 85, Knew him from when i lived in Blackpool, Top Bloke, We bumped into him in a Bar in Benalmadena about 4 yrs ago, Had the bar in stitches n he was working across the road, R.I.P. funny man.
Gosh! Can't believe he was that old - can still see him with dark haiir and thick glasses and an even thicker accent! Sad, time passes and you only realize, once in a while, when someone goes who's always been there...in your mind.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 23:26   #3

A fella walks into a pet shop and says: “Give me a wasp.” The shopkeeper replies: “We don’t sell wasps.” He says: “There’s one in the window.”

R.I.P Frank
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 23:28   #4

A couple of other gooduns from the great man:-

My wife said to me: “If you won the lottery, would you still love me?” I said: “Of course I would. I’d miss you, but I’d still love you.”

An Irishman's wife gave birth to twins. Her husband demanded to know who the other man was.
Old 22-02-2012, 23:38   #5
Senior Member+

Who?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 23:41   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Who?
He was like Jimmy Cricket but without the wellies and funny.
Old 22-02-2012, 23:52   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Frank Carson Dies: Comedian Died Peacefully At His Home After Battle With Cancer, Spokesman Said | Showbiz News | Sky News

Comedian Frank Carson, best known for his catchphrase "It's a cracker", has died at the age of 85 after losing a battle with stomach cancer.

Last edited by Mick; 23-02-2012 at 06:12.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 05:16   #8
I am Banned

R I P Frank,I met him on Preston Train station in the 80,s Had me in stitches, a very humble and funny man.
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 07:29   #9
Beacon of light

Now, he was a funny man.....my kind of comedy.

Rest in Peace Frank.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 08:51   #10
JFT96

One of the greats, I used to love him on Tiswas. Sadly missed.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 09:17   #11
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

RIP Frank, I met him in Blackpool in the 80's, lovely bloke and very funny, had me and my mate giggling all the way to the pub :-)

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 09:41   #12
Resting in Peace

Met him at Martholme in the late 70s had us in stitches round the bar after closing RIP Frank one of the greats
Old 23-02-2012, 14:18   #13
God Member

on talk sport last night as tribute to frank they were telling frank carson jokes so in that line of thought i would like to add this..

ITS A CRACKER

R.I.P

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 23-02-2012 at 14:21.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 20:39   #14
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
on talk sport last night as tribute to frank they were telling frank carson jokes so in that line of thought i would like to add this..

ITS A CRACKER

R.I.P
Never met him but always thought his jokes and gags were top drawer.Remember him best on the comedians.
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 19:55   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
One of the greats, I used to love him on Tiswas. Sadly missed.
I said "Who" as a joke - it said on the news today about his funeral that people were crying and laughing! Frank didn't take himself too seriously apparently? They even had sign in his hearse next to his coffin that said "GAGA!"
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..