Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2008, 00:05   #1
Senior Member+

Friends Reunited

I joined this years ago and paid a few subscriptions before it became a little boring.

Thanks to the new ITV advert thingy and now that itīs free Iīm getting ībuzzesī from folks I knew years ago.

Anyone else getting the same?

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2008, 00:13   #2
God Member

Re: Friends Reunited

Friends Reunited is funny. It must be costing them so much to get that thing running after it swapped hands.

I'll stick to facebook
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 00:16   #3
Senior Member+

Iīve wondered about Facebook but have this idea that it is for the youngsters and canīt quite get around to joining it.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 00:25   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junetta View Post
Iīve wondered about Facebook but have this idea that it is for the youngsters and canīt quite get around to joining it.
You're only as old as you feel! There are a lot of accywebbers on it of all ages, and my mother too. Some of my tutors at uni are on it also. It is very popular!
Old 04-08-2008, 00:25   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

got in touch wi a guy aint seen since i left school wi friends never paid em owt. lol
Old 04-08-2008, 09:02   #6
Resting in Peace

I've been a member for years, but have never used it much, yet over the last fw weeks Ive ben getting EMails saying that others have joined in my group, must be because its free now
Old 04-08-2008, 09:08   #7
God Member

When it first started up I was contacted by a lad (well he was then) who had taken me to the Palladium a couple of times in the 50s.

We exchanged photos -I said he looked like Brian Blessed and I said 'I favour Thora Hird dont I?'

He never wrote again - must be something I said

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 16:09   #8
Senior Member+

friends reunited could've been on the facebook popularity level if they hadnt done the whole subscription thing - ppl would've used it willingly like they do with facebook.
Old 04-08-2008, 16:38   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
friends reunited could've been on the facebook popularity level if they hadnt done the whole subscription thing - ppl would've used it willingly like they do with facebook.
That is the funny thing, friends reunited switched hands just before facebook was launched, and they would've had no idea that something as massively successful and free to use like facebook was about to be launched.
Old 04-08-2008, 16:49   #10
Senior Member+

hmmmm definatly.

but essentially facebook took the concept of friends reunited and moved it 10 steps forward. where as facebook networks by area u live in FR did it by the schools
Old 04-08-2008, 18:23   #11
Give, give, give member

It certainly seems to have got more lively since it became free.

I'm happily in touch with a girl from art school, who I'd lost touch with over twenty years ago.

I was also contacted by my old school, and asked to give a talk to the sixth formers at Q.E.G.S. about my career in fashion, and am now invited back for anything arty farty they are doing.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 21:28   #12
Accy Goddess

I have been in touch with a few old school friends on friends reunited, but I prepare facebook.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 21:28   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
hmmmm definatly.

but essentially facebook took the concept of friends reunited and moved it 10 steps forward. where as facebook networks by area u live in FR did it by the schools
You're right. Friends reunited is so old fashioned compared to facebook.

I've had a fabulous time getting back in touch with old school friends and colleagues on facebook this weekend....you can chat to folk live on there, you don't have to wait for messages.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:19   #14
Resting in Peace

I've enough on here without facebook,
Old 05-08-2008, 09:25   #15
God Member

love the new schools reunited.. no one wants to contact me .. and thats the way I like it bruv..... I Will contact dudes when I get around to it!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..