Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2010, 09:56   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Frogs ban Burqa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yep but ya still post online links.
Only when things are a little slow on here and I feel like upsetting Mancie
Old 19-07-2010, 10:28   #62
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Only when things are a little slow on here and I feel like upsetting Mancie
So I presume it wasn't a "slow day" when that corpulent, useless Tory windbag, Clarke pronounced that prison didn't work and the government were going to cut down on prison places, so you didn't feel the need to tell us.

I venture to suggest that if a member of the previous government had made exactly the same pronouncement, it would magically have been transformed into a "slow day" and you would have rushed on here to copy and paste the story from one of your two favourite news sources, the Mail or the Express!
Old 19-07-2010, 10:38   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So I presume it wasn't a "slow day" when that corpulent, useless Tory windbag, Clarke pronounced that prison didn't work and the government were going to cut down on prison places, so you didn't feel the need to tell us.

I venture to suggest that if a member of the previous government had made exactly the same pronouncement, it would magically have been transformed into a "slow day" and you would have rushed on here to copy and paste the story from one of your two favourite news sources, the Mail or the Express!
But of course Wyn, but I did use the Times occasionally only you have to pay to read it on line now mate and I'm very frugal with money these days
Old 19-07-2010, 11:28   #64
Super Moderator

Re: Frogs ban Burka

Well, Jaysay, I reckon it's a slow news day today so here you are, have this one on me!

Banning burkas in the UK would be 'rather un-British', says Green | Mail Online

...oh dear, oh dear, she sounds just like those "do gooders" you're always going on about...it really wasn't supposed to be like this under the Tories, was it?
Old 19-07-2010, 17:53   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well, Jaysay, I reckon it's a slow news day today so here you are, have this one on me!

Banning burkas in the UK would be 'rather un-British', says Green | Mail Online

...oh dear, oh dear, she sounds just like those "do gooders" you're always going on about...it really wasn't supposed to be like this under the Tories, was it?
Tories What Tories it Con/Libs
Old 19-07-2010, 18:54   #66
Super Moderator

Quote:
Tories What Tories it Con/Libs
No, the minister who actually said this...

A British Cabinet Minister today delivered a staunch defence of a woman's right to wear a burka.
Environment Secretary Caroline Spelman said women were 'empowered' by the freedom to wear the face coverings.

...is a Tory.

Now, go and have some birthday cake!
Old 19-07-2010, 19:27   #67
Resting in Peace

Quote:

A British Cabinet Minister today delivered a staunch defence of a woman's right to wear a burka.
Environment Secretary Caroline Spelman said women were 'empowered' by the freedom to wear the face coverings.

...is a Tory.

And rightly so.Indeed I propose a National One day a week wear a black mask day.

To that end I have (at my own expense) engaged a supplier at no more than £1 to supply 60 million said masks to all shoppers in major stores.

I appreciate this could cause some difficulties but the cost should be offset by the saving in wages to the people that run our several billion pounds worth of security cameras

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 09:17   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:

...is a Tory.

Oh come on Wyn she's not a Tory she's a woman
Old 20-07-2010, 09:23   #69
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh come on Wyn she's not a Tory she's a woman
So was Thatcher (or so the rumour goes).
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 09:26   #70
Resting in Peace

Quote:
So was Thatcher (or so the rumour goes).
Well she did have more balls than Ed
Old 21-07-2010, 22:06   #71
God Member

Quote:
Not quite following your's and Mancie's line of argument. There seems to be some sort of rule that EU citizens from other countries (not just Poles) can claim child benefit for children who are not over here with them, but are in their country of origin. Because Polish airmen and others fought side-by-side with us in WW2, we should accept this? Can't see the logic in that.
Really But look at the quote. It says nothing about child benefits or other forms of welfare. It deals specifically with appreciation of the efforts of the Poles in WWll. Battle of Britain, Monte Cassino, Arnhem ... it is not an argument to mention "left wing drivel", merely argumentum ad hominem ... a whole bunch of which goes on when Mancie offers his opionion ...
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 22:13   #72
God Member

Anyway, the Syrians have now banned the Burka from their Universities and schools.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 22:40   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Anyway, the Syrians have now banned the Burka from their Universities and schools.
well its a start

if only the uk could find the backbone it used to be renowned for and throw away the yellow bendy one thats been very poorly propping this countey up the past 25 years

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 22:47   #74
God Member

Maybe it's a question we should put to Graham Jones...would you vote to ban the Burka...Yes or No?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 23:20   #75
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Heard Belgium n Italy are doing the same, is that correct? also holland proposed it in 2005, but never got round to it.

Last edited by cashman; 21-07-2010 at 23:23.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..