Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2010, 18:07   #1
God Member

Frogs ban Burka

I see that the French lower house in their National Assembly have voted by a margin of 335-1 to ban the wearing of the full veil - Burka, Hiqab - in public. Can you imagine our lot voting on this? My guess is it would be 335-1 the other way. Lets just hope the Frogs can get this made into European law, because that will be one law I will fully back.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-07-2010, 18:12   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Frogs ban Burka

Apparently it needs final confirmation sometime in September when it goes before the Senate.

French parliament set to approve veil ban - Europe, World - The Independent
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 18:16   #3
God Member

If Raoul Moat had have had any intelligence, he would have slipped on a Burka.
Old 13-07-2010, 18:16   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Don't matter sod alls gonna happen, some millionaire has already pledged £1 million to pay the fines of anyone that gets done, also other businessmen are promising similar. fines only gonna be 125 euros or so.
Old 13-07-2010, 18:22   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Don't matter sod alls gonna happen, some millionaire has already pledged £1 million to pay the fines of anyone that gets done, also other businessmen are promising similar. fines only gonna be 125 euros or so.
Knowing the Frogs, any businessman that comes out with this will immeadiatly lose any government contracts, will have his books examined in minute detail and will generally have his life made hell.
Old 13-07-2010, 18:48   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Knowing the Frogs, any businessman that comes out with this will immeadiatly lose any government contracts, will have his books examined in minute detail and will generally have his life made hell.
Probably so T, but doubt there are very few multi- millionaires dumb enough to take that on board without knowing the score.
Old 13-07-2010, 18:57   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Probably so T, but doubt there are very few multi- millionaires dumb enough to take that on board without knowing the score.
Muslims 1 Frogs 0
Old 13-07-2010, 19:11   #8
God Member

One thing about the Frogs is that they don't mess about with any of this civil rights nonsense. Any of you two ever come up against the CRS? I can tell you a little story about them, me and a Parisian dust cart - but that will have to be for another time. Otherwise, you should be old enough to remember the Paris 'Massacre' of October 1961, the last time some of the French North African muslims decidied to protest against French policy. If their Assembley votes by these overwhelming numbers, you can be dam sure they are not going to mess about and allow for any compromise, given the fact the Belgians, Dutch and Italians are going down the same road.
Old 13-07-2010, 19:19   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
One thing about the Frogs is that they don't mess about with any of this civil rights nonsense. Any of you two ever come up against the CRS? I can tell you a little story about them, me and a Parisian dust cart - but that will have to be for another time. Otherwise, you should be old enough to remember the Paris 'Massacre' of October 1961, the last time some of the French North African muslims decidied to protest against French policy. If their Assembley votes by these overwhelming numbers, you can be dam sure they are not going to mess about and allow for any compromise, given the fact the Belgians, Dutch and Italians are going down the same road.
It won't happen here anytime soon though Tealeaf
Old 13-07-2010, 19:21   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That was my original point.
Old 13-07-2010, 21:33   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Quote:
That was my original point.
It won't happen again oer yon is my point,IMHO. the world has changed big time in last 50yrs, not always fer the better.
Old 13-07-2010, 21:55   #12
God Member

Quote:

not with statistics like these it wont
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tomany.jpg (32.0 KB, 45 views)

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 23:19   #13
Junior Member+

Bring back Enoch Powell - The supreme function... One of the best pollies England how true he was.
bygum67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 03:39   #14
God Member

lol i saw this on another forum covering this topic and just had to share

Quote:
I saw a muslim woman coming out of McDonalds the other day with a Dairylea slice stuck to her face. I asked her if it was some kind of new designer Niqab?

She said no….it’s a Cheese Burka!

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 09:09   #15
Resting in Peace

Re: Frogs ban Burqa

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
not with statistics like these it wont
Can you please translate accyman looks like too much writing or a simple no

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..