Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2008, 13:41   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Fuel prices Petition Please Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
What's the point of this kind of thing? Do you think that the PM is sat there thinking that the public are delighted with rising costs?
the point is TM if ya do nowt, nowt will ever get done, whilst i realise many petitions are ignored, ya got to be in the raffle to win it, credited you with more sense.
Old 31-05-2008, 13:49   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the point is TM if ya do nowt, nowt will ever get done, whilst i realise many petitions are ignored, ya got to be in the raffle to win it, credited you with more sense.
Do you know how many of these 'petitions' there are out there? There are far more powerful groups out there that will be more influential than some meaningless 'internet sign me' petition. Did you know that a petition only counts are one 'objection', regardless of how many signatures there are on it?

If it makes you feel better, then fair enough.
Old 31-05-2008, 13:53   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Do you know how many of these 'petitions' there are out there? There are far more powerful groups out there that will be more influential than some meaningless 'internet sign me' petition. Did you know that a petition only counts are one 'objection', regardless of how many signatures there are on it?

If it makes you feel better, then fair enough.
well aware of that, but a lot of little bits eventually make a large one. n yes it does make me n many others feel better.
Old 31-05-2008, 15:18   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

just confirmed, took nearly 1 hour fer e-mail to come, 135,390 now.
Old 31-05-2008, 15:28   #20

ive signed
bernie94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 15:33   #21
God Member

No chance. If you don't like the price, then get out the car and walk or use public transport.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 15:39   #22
Loz

Just signed even though i don't drive it affects so many people that i know.
Just hope it's worthwhile.
Old 31-05-2008, 15:43   #23
God Member

this is one little thing that can hopefully add weight to other protests

unfortunatly the only thing that has ever made labour sit up and take notice was the mass blockades the truck drivers did but the last tiddly event they organised was only to get fuel cut for themselves not everyone

perhaps we should have words with the french because they sure know how to protest
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 15:44   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Just hope it's worthwhile.
A total waste of time.
Old 31-05-2008, 15:50   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
i signed it earlier... i will sign owt
Sign this cheque for £500,000 will you
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 15:52   #26

iv signed :-)
lisa1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 15:59   #27
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
A total waste of time.
Probably but at least people are trying to do something instead of sitting back and letting the country go to wrack and ruin.
And you never know if enough people sign it it might just make them sit up and take notice that we brits are fed up and want change.
Old 31-05-2008, 16:14   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Probably but at least people are trying to do something instead of sitting back and letting the country go to wrack and ruin.
And you never know if enough people sign it it might just make them sit up and take notice that we brits are fed up and want change.
Yep, we all want change. But the simple fact is that this government needs all the tax revenue it can get because it spends a hell of a lot more than it's income. So if they get rid of the proposed duty increase where will they otherwise get the dosh from? Or what expenditure will they cut..spending on nurses, doctors, schools, policemen...? Answer please.
Old 31-05-2008, 16:18   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i'll give ya an answer T- they should cut WORLD AID, lets get our own house in order.
Old 31-05-2008, 16:24   #30
Loz

How about cutting back on all the pen pushers and ridiculous jobs in the councils etc...?
Also it might help if politicians had a pay cut,how the hell do they justify earning what they do?
What about the money spent on policing being spent on actual policemen instead of speed cameras?
We should pull out of the E.U we put so much money into it for what?
Why are we paying for polish kids who aren't even in this country?
Tax businesses more,get more people off benefits and into work,cut immigration and perhaps contreversially legalise cannibis.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..