Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2008, 19:29   #46
God Member

Re: Fuel prices Petition Please Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Come n buy that heep of hell in Grangemouth there is plenty of go go juice there. On a serious note though even I as a non driver can see the pain fuel costs is causing and all down to money grabbing so n so's. As for bio fuel the ammount of land clearence needed has a negative effect. Large lumps of rainforest in S America has vanished to provide it. A tad little bit of common sense around cars journies etc would reduce the cost and wallet/purse damage over a year. As a nation we are wedded to cars and cant live without em.
Yeah its ok saying that spugg (( hey why you still at home anyway?? )) But, what about the people that drive for a living?? I tell you what, it is killing us as a family with Ginger being a taxi driver. It is getting ridiculous, there is actually no point Ginger working atm ..... as all what he earns is going straight back on Fuel and charges
There has been talk of at least 7 of the lads at his work saying they are going to have to quit and find other employment.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-05-2008, 19:43   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
BUT!! at the moment, yes it is the answer. It is a hell of a lot cheaper to fill up with Bio, than it is diesel and Petrol. And if we are talking about carbon foot print, then this is gonna be the way to.

But you just watch, as soon as everyone clicks on, the government will be taxing through the nose for this too!! and why?? yes, they will say we are running out of that as well........If we ran our cars on smarties they would find a way of taxing us through the nose, and still come up with an half witted idea of why they HAVE TO DO IT... The mind boggles.
I did a thread on this a while ago and i was meaning that it is no good for you`re car, as well as the fact that the production of bio fuels creates a larger carbon footprint than it helps reduce.....and at the moment i have noticed bio fuel prices rising to..! although i must agree with the last bit this government taxes everything to the hilt.....
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 20:01   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Why should fuel be cheap? We have carbon emission targets to meet
Are we being brainwashed by the powers that be when it comes to targets and Carbon Footprints just as we were with WMD?
Are our universaties teaching the students that Joe public is enemy number one if he drives a car?
A hell of a lot of so called experts are paid a hell of a lot of money to look after our interests.............I believe this applies to our MP's as well.
Public Transport is a joke.......Too many fingers in the pie.
How can huge fines on Utility companies be justified...Who pays the fine...You do.
It is maybe a good idea that the word spin was done away with and replaced a much better and honest word...........bull****.
Why was this doctrine not preached when we believed our polititians?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 20:12   #49
God Member

[quote=blazey;584950]
Why should fuel be cheap? quote]

Pmsl, wait till you are married with a couple of kids and both of you work then ask again.......
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 20:17   #50
God Member

[quote=pipinfort;585014]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Why should fuel be cheap? quote]

Pmsl, wait till you are married with a couple of kids and both of you work then ask again.......
Life's a bowl of cherries when you are young and learning

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 20:23   #51
God Member

( PIP )Pmsl, wait till you are married with a couple of kids and both of you work then ask again.......[/quote]

Oh hell yess!! I will agree with that one

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 20:25   #52
Junior Member+

Signed!!!!!
NickyMumOf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 21:24   #53
Junior Member+

there aint much point .us brits are to soft.we back down .take a look at the french.they stick togeather .and get wat they want .
fozzwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 21:32   #54
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Yep, we all want change. But the simple fact is that this government needs all the tax revenue it can get because it spends a hell of a lot more than it's income. So if they get rid of the proposed duty increase where will they otherwise get the dosh from? Or what expenditure will they cut..spending on nurses, doctors, schools, policemen...? Answer please.
Maybe they should stop paying for the living costs of bogus asylum seekers.........maybe they should stop awarding themselves huge expenses and get in the real world.....maybe they should try living on a basic pension and making ends meet........maybe they should try using the non - existent public transport to get to a job with unsociable hours......maybe they should stop treating murderers and paedophiles to first class hotel treatment whilst in the care of HM prisons....maybe they should stop the tax credits and family allowances for people who no longer reside in this country.......maybe they should take their thieving hands out of our pockets and think about a few of these things......maybe they should listen to the unrest in the country and do something about it.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 21:34   #55
Loz

Blazey what about people who rely on their cars to get out and about?
My Dad is disabled and if it wasn't for his car he would housebound.
Why should he and others like him have to pay over the odds?
Old 01-06-2008, 08:50   #56

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Done,but doubt it will do any good.Doubt if there is any point explaining to Blazey that many people need a car (disabled,people living in countryside)to name two.
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:57   #57
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
BUT!! at the moment, yes it is the answer. It is a hell of a lot cheaper to fill up with Bio, than it is diesel and Petrol. And if we are talking about carbon foot print, then this is gonna be the way to.
Most Biodiesel is in fact a methyl ester of vegetable oil. The methanol used comes from crude oil so is not very bio friendly at all. In other words yes you are using a waste oil product but also a crude oil based product as well.
Old 01-06-2008, 14:24   #58
God Member

Quote:
BIOFUEL
unfortunatly this destroys new cars , its ok for old cars but new cars get severely damaged by biofuel , i have strong suspitions that car manufactures could easily fix the problem but dont want to or have an agreement with fuel companies not to fix the problem

lets face it if every car could run on bio fuel no one would want the expensive stuff would they

i know i sound like a paranoid conspiracy nutter lol but the petrolium buisness is worh billions and they certainly woulnt like any competition so thats why they bought up the patents of engines that run on other fuel types so that no one could make them without their permission and thats very unlikely to happen so why wouldnt they do a deal with car manufacturers to make their cars unable to use biofuel, seems strange that old diesil cars can manage but once people started using biofuel all of a sudden new cars can no longer use it

thats my paranoid view anyway lol

i also have a theory that the labour govenment is loving screwing us to the floor with high prices , first they destroy the most basic rights of freedom the freedom of speech , they made demostration an act of terrorism so we cant protest and finaly put that much tax on food , beer and fuel that we cant afford to leave the house which basicly keeps everyone at home

the labour govenment no longer needs to rely on us going out spending money to generate revenue it takes all our money before we have even thought about stepping outside the front door

my god i am a paranoid nutter lol

Last edited by accyman; 01-06-2008 at 14:29.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 14:29   #59
Beacon of light

Mine too Accyman.....this is what makes me think that the government isn't really serious about green issues...they would put their best boffins onto the job forthwith if they really thought that we could influence climate change.....they don't want to kill the bird that lays their golden taxes do they?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 14:37   #60
God Member

to be honest margaret it knocks me sick to think i actualy helped to vote tony blairs lot in to power i am in no way a tory but at least when they screwed us over they did it to our faces
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..