Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2006, 19:00   #1
God Member

Question Funeral

You'll never get to see it, but what would you want yours to be, what do you want, where, who. Something extravagant or a cardboard box in a transit van with no one there.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-02-2006, 19:05   #2
God Member

Re: Funeral

I don't want to think about it at all - I've told Chris to surprise me!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 19:11   #3
God Member

One way of looking at it I suppose
Old 09-02-2006, 19:16   #4
Senior Member+

Id like to be buried wearing my FC United shirt,and instead of wearing black, all guests should wear one to.Those who dont want to or havent got one should just wear their colours,red,white & black.
Old 09-02-2006, 19:19   #5
God Member

I want a horse drawn glass carriage to the church, from the church, i want a jazz band and party all round the main streets, then to cemetary. All ending back up at the town square infront of the church for a big tea party on the square. Free drinks and street party all evening for the whole town. The town streets would of course be decked out with bunting and party lights.
Old 09-02-2006, 19:21   #6

I too want a jazz band, and no-one wearing black. Also on my headstone i want the classic saying 'See i told you i were ill.'

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 20:17   #7

In want to be frozen not bothered if they dont bring me back just dont want my body to be rotted or burnt. Ewww the thought of it.
Old 09-02-2006, 20:50   #8
Passed away 25-11-09

I don't much care what they do with my "remains" but I want no stiff upper lips. They'd just better weep and wail and gnash their teeth, tear their hair out, say what a wonderful woman I was and cry their bl**dy eyes out 'cause they'll miss me so much.

If they don't, I shall come back and haunt them.
Old 09-02-2006, 20:57   #9
I am Banned

im not really bothered what happens to me, as long as no one wears black and everyone misses me thats all i want! i wouldnt mind if my headstone was a tree or something thats good for the environment. i dont see the point in spending soo much money on funerals? to me its dead money!! (no pun intended but it is good for me )
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 22:21   #10
God Member

I am no fan of funerals and mine would be one of the few I cannot avoid so it would have to be enviromently friendly.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 22:28   #11
God Member

I would hate the thought of everyone dressed in black. But I reckon the irish have it right with their wake. I do want to be buried, hopefully after all my organs have been used for organ donation. But I suppose that limits me in how many ways I can die!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 22:47   #12
God Member

Cant beat an Irish wake. Its like a birthday party and is a celibration not a comisaration session. Being all in black is not as popular and I went to my last funeral in jeans, a jumper and no tie. Also had a good drink to send her off.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 00:03   #13
Give, give, give member

I don't really care, as hopefully I won't be there.

I would like to do my own eulogy though, via a pre-recorded link, and have the pleasure of getting the last word in.

I'd also like to think that all the people who were looking forward to dancing on my grave will be disappointed to hear that I'd been scattered up on Ossy moors.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:53   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
I don't want to think about it at all - I've told Chris to surprise me!
if you wake up in a coffin and find a note attatched to the inside of the lid saying surprise dont say you didnt ask for it
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:48   #15

I want people to celebrate & have fun at my funeral, a karaoke or disco perhaps. people talking about the daft things I've said and done. I also want to be burnt and my ashes spread over the coppice. After all I will be in a better place while they are stuck here. (I hope)
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..