Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2008, 23:19   #91
Loz

Re: Funerals

I'm not sure about photos from funerals but i kept all my Mum's rememberence cards because there were lovely things written about her and we got so many it showed us how much she meant to so many people,i look through them from time to time if i'm feeling a bit blue and reading all the lovely memories of my Mum makes me feel better.
Guess its all down to personal preference though.
Old 09-07-2008, 23:30   #92
God Member

Sorry to hear of two sad losses of two young women

er indoors did your sister work at the co op in great harwood??

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 23:35   #93
Loz

Thanks Cashy!
You are a big softy!
Old 09-07-2008, 23:38   #94
Accy Goddess

Music choice up to them so long as it's summat i like from Beatles, oasis, Elvis, M & M, Texas, what ever.
Funeral to be kept simple and has cheap as they can possibly make it.
No tears to be shed for me. They have got to have fun with a capital F.
Party, party, party is the order of the day.
celebrate my life not mourn my death.
My Ashes are to be thrown to the winds, somewere nice.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 23:43   #95
Give, give, give member

I don't want a funeral.

If whoever decides they want to give me one, that is up to them.

I'd much rather enjoy the beauty of music and flowers whilst I'm still on this mortal coil.

There'll be no headstone, and no physical reminder of my life.

That's my choice.

If I am to leave any legacy, it will hopefully live on in the people I have loved whilst on this planet.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 00:25   #96
Resting in Peace

Red face Re: Funerals

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I don't want a funeral.

If whoever decides they want to give me one, that is up to them.

I'd much rather enjoy the beauty of music and flowers whilst I'm still on this mortal coil.

There'll be no headstone, and no physical reminder of my life.

That's my choice.

If I am to leave any legacy, it will hopefully live on in the people I have loved whilst on this planet.

Well that just about says it all for me aswell.Thank you.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:27   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Sorry to hear of two sad losses of two young women

er indoors did your sister work at the co op in great harwood??
Yes hun, she did.

Gail xxxx

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 20:08   #98
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Funerals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Well I have been to a funeral today - very sad as it was a young woman.

One thing that struck me was that no one knows when they're going to go and if you're a control freak like me, who's going to organise the event to my liking?

For instance - choosing three songs that mean something.

After the funeral I was talking to my dad and said about the songs and he immediately rattled off his three songs, so since then I've been thinking of mine and I came up with

I will always love you by Dolly Parton
Friends by The Rembrandts
My Way by Duran Duran

It might be an idea to think of yours now so that if the worst happens everyone knows how you want your last party organising.
Just a point Gayle – it is always very sad when someone dies regardless of age and sex.

Picking just three tunes is going to be very, very difficult. But here goes.

I would start off with the beautiful and moving:
“Prelude To Act1 La Traviata” played by the New York Metropolitan Opera Orchestra

Followed by something to laugh at. It’s a toss up between:
“It’s In The Book” by Johnny Standley
and
“Our Joe Won’t Be With Us Much Longer” a monologue read by Al Read

Ending with as my coffin disappears into the flames:
“We’ll Meet Again” played by the Lew Stone Orchestra with vocal by Sam Browne.
Old 10-07-2008, 23:59   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'erindoors View Post
Yes hun, she did.

Gail xxxx
PM sent

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:33   #100
Resident Waffler

I find some deaths sadder than others. I've 'lost' quite a lot of people just recently but the elderly widow in her 80s didn't seem as sad to me as a young mother. They will all be missed but when it's an older person who is going to be with her already deceased husband it seems more like a homecoming than it does for a young person who has so much still ahead of them, and children who will still need them when they are gone.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:50   #101
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I find some deaths sadder than others. I've 'lost' quite a lot of people just recently but the elderly widow in her 80s didn't seem as sad to me as a young mother. They will all be missed but when it's an older person who is going to be with her already deceased husband it seems more like a homecoming than it does for a young person who has so much still ahead of them, and children who will still need them when they are gone.
How true.
My Mum was relatively young when she died,49,and i was only 14 and feel like i missed so much and her too,today for example,getting married without her around
On the other hand my Grandad is 91,quite ill at the moment and keeps saying hes had enough and just wants to go to sleep,i don't know if i will shed a tear when he dies because he has had a great life but is suffering now and just want him to be at peace.
Funny how things turn out
Old 11-07-2008, 09:37   #102
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
never heard of "Old Red Eyes Is Back"

There you go Eric.

At my Mothers funeral She had, 'Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye',

It made me smile.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:06   #103
God Member

Yes, I didn't mean it to sound like I'm heartless when it comes to deaths of older people - my Grandad died eight years ago and I still go away sometimes and have a cry about it (the other week when we were talking about songs that mean a lot to us, for example!). I still haven't been able to listen to the link that Less posted for me.

I think what I meant was that when it's an older person you can celebrate their life, you have many generations of a family there who are recognising the wisdom and love that has been passed on to them. When it's a younger person (for example the woman I knew who had two young children) it just feels plain wrong to be at their funeral.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:39   #104
Resting in Peace

I had a funeral on my mind about 7am last Tursday when they loaded me into an ambulace and carted me off to the Royal, but I'm back to carry on for a little while longer
I've given things a lot of thought this week, like I'm going to be nice to very one on Accy Web from now on, except one No its not you Tory hatting Mancie
I've restated that I don't want burying, its the fire for me, and there has to be no black at my funeral I want everyone to be happy not sad
my three songs would be Stairway to Heaven, Sunshine of your love, Cream, and the third the families choice
By the way my ashes are going to be scattered at Great Yarmouth, I love the place, its like Blackpool without the dirt
Old 14-07-2008, 13:52   #105
Resting in Peace

I started to worry when I was moved to my new flat,It's in between my Doctors and the Funeral Directors.With this in mind I arranged to be cremated at Darwen Cemetary as there is a bus every 20 mins.from Accy.That passes the bottom of my street.(always the thoughtful one)
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..