Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2011, 09:46   #1
Resting in Peace

Gagging Orders

Another England star wins gagging order: Married father fuels secrecy furore | Mail Online

Yet another Premier League Footballer has been granted an injunction by the courts to stop a story of an affair being published, the football is said to be married.

Do you think its right, I don't. if they want to fly their kite and cheated on their wives suffer the consequences. I know that most footballers aren't the sharpest knives in the box, but if they want to play about, don't be surprised if a gold digger wants to sell the story and cash in, after all there are some young ladies that actually go out for that specific purpose and have readily admitted as much, so you'd think by know the lads with twinkly feet would have caught on, doh!!!!!
Old 14-05-2011, 10:28   #2
God Member

Re: Gagging Orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
the football is said to be married.
To the corner flag.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 10:34   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
To the corner flag.
See your still in cloud cuckoo land, quite apt really for you
Old 14-05-2011, 11:05   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
To the corner flag.
Well I thought that remark was amusing
Jay -if you can't take it you shouldn't give it - and you do

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 14:00   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Watch it you or I'll put you on my ignored list with Mancie
Old 14-05-2011, 14:45   #6
Beacon of light

No John, of course it isn't right.....and to cite that the injunction is to protect their families.......what utter hogwash. If they were interested in protecting their wives and children, they would keep their trouser snake well and truly fastened into their designer underpants.
The only thing they want to do is portray themselves as sparkling white, so as not to lose their lucrative advertising contracts.......it is all about money......nothing to do with protecting the innocent.

These people are morally bankrupt, they rely on our flawed judicial system(flawed, because it takes account of the ubiquitous EHR legislation) I now view all footballers and celebs with suspicion.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 20:59   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
So did I ... must be the vodka.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 21:15   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No John, of course it isn't right.....and to cite that the injunction is to protect their families.......what utter hogwash. If they were interested in protecting their wives and children, they would keep their trouser snake well and truly fastened into their designer underpants.
The only thing they want to do is portray themselves as sparkling white, so as not to lose their lucrative advertising contracts.......it is all about money......nothing to do with protecting the innocent.

These people are morally bankrupt, they rely on our flawed judicial system(flawed, because it takes account of the ubiquitous EHR legislation) I now view all footballers and celebs with suspicion.
I agree ... somewhat ... celebs are targets for the media; it comes with the territory and the outrageous amounts of cash they get. But the British press I read The Daily Mail online the other day, and it put me in mind of a poem, particularly the first two lines (and this is memory, not Google): "A Ramble in St. James' Park", John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester. For obvious reasons I didn't quote it.
Old 14-05-2011, 21:35   #9
God Member

Any chance of getting a gagging order on here? ...just a thought
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 22:16   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I've read a lot of posts that I don't agree with, but nothing that has had me gagging
Old 14-05-2011, 22:35   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
There is one on here, one or two have been banned fer a limited time, so thats gagged em, some have even gone fer good.
Old 15-05-2011, 09:04   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
There is one on here, one or two have been banned fer a limited time, so thats gagged em, some have even gone fer good.
Well there is a great one cashy which has worked for me its called the ignore button, I just don't listen to drunken ramblings anymore
Old 15-05-2011, 09:48   #13
Beacon of light

Quote:

Who do you want gagged Mancie...and for what reasons??
Old 15-05-2011, 09:55   #14
Beacon of light

Eric, the media make these people into millionaires,. Advertisers want them to sell their products.....and I know it is a daft concept, but the ordinary folk who buy these products are then like their heroes(or at least that is what the advertisers hope we would believe).....So when these 'heroes' get grubby and the press find out about it, they want to let those who elevated these celebs to their hero status to know about it........Aah,but that would cost the 'hero'his purse........So if you are rich, then you can buy yourself a bit of the privacy you so willingly gave up in the pursuit of money.
Old 15-05-2011, 09:57   #15
Beacon of light

Oh yes, we must not forget the celebs concern for their family.......they should have thought of their family before getting into bed with the women who would sell the story for a little bit of fame(or infamy).
My mother always used to say to me........'Be sure your sins will find you out'.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..