Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2005, 04:27   #1
I am Banned

Thumbs down Gales

cant sleep at mo its blowing right strong gales ere its that bad its reminding me of '87 n wish i had double glazing
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2005, 10:20   #2

Re: Gales

yeah I know how you feel it kept me awake aswell. Oh and the double glazing didnt make theblindest bit of difference. It was that bad I actually thought it might shatter the glass.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:07   #3
God Member

It was so bad in my neck of the woods during the night that it has quite put Acrylic-Biff off his porridge. If you knew the fuss he makes about porridge you would understand how significant this is. He has not moved from his preferred position in front of the radiator all morning.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:34   #4
Senior Member+

The gales have kept me awake most of the night also,all i could here was lots of fencing crashing down. Helped one of my neighbours this morning to move her fencing so she could get to the rubbish and wheelie bin which is being emptied today.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:38   #5
Senior Member+

I forgot to mention that when i took the dogs to the park i noticed one tree had been uprooted and two more broken in half, i wont be venturing out again today unless the wind drops.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:39   #6

Well' I understand what you are all saying as it kept me awake too. When I got up this morning my gutter has come off the front of my house and is wrapped around next doors chimney, part of my chimney is missing and my aerial has blown down!
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:42   #7
Resting in Peace

I have just been uptown and the amount of roof slates and signs on blackburn road
this wind is cousing a lot of damage

There is a taxi firm just near the viaduct on blackburn rd and there arial has blown down too .
Thats going to cost as they dont know about it yet and they cant work without it

Last edited by Mick; 08-01-2005 at 11:52.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:45   #8
God Member

Comiserations Steph, I hope it doesn't cost too much to put right.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:32   #9
Always EVIL within us

Oops, I seem to have managed to sleep through it all...but I wondered this morning how my wheelie bin managed to get down the road all on its own
Old 08-01-2005, 12:38   #10

You slept through it all? lol. it seems our climate is changing considerable. I can't believe the amount of damage this gale has caused. My friend has a motorbike and it blew over in the night, smashed it up a bit. Ah well I suppose the sleeping thing doesn't bother me really I'm an insomniac anyway.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:55   #11
I am Banned

Gee we have major damage up ere n the council arn't gonna be best pleased when their phones are jammed monday morn, woke at 3.45am n didnt get any more sleep till 9am, had the great pleasure of telling the neighbour that i watched his fencing slowly be ripped apart from 4 am, several roof tiles are missing off a lot of houses , mine has one to my knowledge tho surprised at that cos it defo sounded like the whole roof was gonna be blown off.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:57   #12
I am Banned

LOL Acrylic-bob i hope Acrylic-biff managed to have some porridge this morning aw bless
Old 08-01-2005, 12:59   #13
I am Banned

Was peeved of with the recycle chaps this morning puttin everyones blue box in their gardens....... did they do same for me - NO they let me box blow away!! I went up to complain to them despite being nearly blown away n they said not our fault its blown away....bloody gits. So will now have to order a new blue box just for the sake of saving the bin chaps a second n time.
Old 08-01-2005, 13:01   #14
Member.

It's was bad up here last night, but the rains stopped for now and the sun is out. Still very windy.....up to 80 mph in some of the flatter parts of Blackpool.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 14:02   #15
Beacon of light

My bin blew over and I spent the best part of an hour picking up all the household rubbish that had blown all over the back alley.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..