Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2011, 18:04   #1
Senior Member+

Gas & Electricity

Just reviewed mine was with B Gas and from November I was put on there new standard tariff.

Upon Investigation I would be paying based on my past annual consumption.

Gas - £1287.10 a year (based on 30000 KWH)
Electricity - £670.83 a year (based on 5000 KWH)

Total - £1957.93 -

What I found is a lot a companies baffle you with **p per first 150 units the **p after, some include vat some dont some have a charge some dont, total minefield.

However after doing a money saving thing on energy helpline ( energyhelpline.com - Switch and save on gas and electricity bills - impartial and free!) I should be saving per year £372.00 with First Utility + £30 Incentive after 90 days.

Could be worth a look for anyone looking to reduce there outgoings.

So what are you paying for Gas & Electric? to much?
Old 15-11-2011, 18:10   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Gas & Electricity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Just reviewed mine was with B Gas and from November I was put on there new standard tariff.

Upon Investigation I would be paying based on my past annual consumption.

Gas - £1287.10 a year (based on 30000 KWH)
Electricity - £670.83 a year (based on 5000 KWH)

Total - £1957.93 -

What I found is a lot a companies baffle you with **p per first 150 units the **p after, some include vat some dont some have a charge some dont, total minefield.

However after doing a money saving thing on energy helpline ( energyhelpline.com - Switch and save on gas and electricity bills - impartial and free!) I should be saving per year £372.00 with First Utility + £30 Incentive after 90 days.

Could be worth a look for anyone looking to reduce there outgoings.

So what are you paying for Gas & Electric? to much?
I did the swap thing a few years ago Mr D, I was persuaded that by switching to Scottish Power from British Gas for both gas and leccy I'd be quids in, it ended up I was worse of, so I told Scottish power where to go and went back to British Gas
Old 15-11-2011, 18:14   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I did the swap thing a few years ago Mr D, I was persuaded that by switching to Scottish Power from British Gas for both gas and leccy I'd be quids in, it ended up I was worse of, so I told Scottish power where to go and went back to British Gas
Thats what I was worried about, I was with Scottish Power a few years ago, terrible and expensive and I to went back to B Gas.

The new one I have chosen said No cancellation fees so worth a gamble at that saving if its no good then I will swap again.
Old 15-11-2011, 18:39   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Thats what I was worried about, I was with Scottish Power a few years ago, terrible and expensive and I to went back to B Gas.

The new one I have chosen said No cancellation fees so worth a gamble at that saving if its no good then I will swap again.
Well after the fiasco I had last time I decided to stay put, as it is by bills are not bad with BG to say I'm virtually at home 24/7 and run my oxygen machine for 18 hours per day or £20 a month (which I get refunded)
Old 15-11-2011, 19:08   #5
God Member

I'm with British Gas (did deviate to NPower a few years ago but never again) and am on the EnergySmart scheme, I supply my meter readings each month on-line & so just pay for the amount of electricty & gas I have used instead of paying a fixed price per month, works well for me
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 19:23   #6
Senior Member+

Always been with British Gas, never had a bill that has come through and thought that we were paying too much. Always been less than expected actually.
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 19:46   #7
Senior Member+

i'm with EDF and was persuaded to change to scotish power by a salesperson who did so by misleading me as to the benifits.It was on the next bill that I realised I had been lied too. I changed back to EDF but was bitten in the nether regions with cancelation fees. That taught me a lesson.

davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 19:51   #8

There was something in the press recently about all the different pricing structures that different energy companies use, the government said something along the lines that they are going to intervene so that the companies make it a lot easier for folk to understand, about damn time too.
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 19:55   #9
God Member

I have switched so many times I've lost count.
I am with EDF until January but I don't like the recent hike in prices.
Maybe they will still be the cheapest. I won't know until I visit a few switching sites in January and enter my annual usage figures.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 10:13   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
i'm with EDF and was persuaded to change to scotish power by a salesperson who did so by misleading me as to the benifits.It was on the next bill that I realised I had been lied too. I changed back to EDF but was bitten in the nether regions with cancelation fees. That taught me a lesson.

Looks like scottish power are good at conning people Dave
Old 16-11-2011, 17:39   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallop79 View Post
There was something in the press recently about all the different pricing structures that different energy companies use, the government said something along the lines that they are going to intervene so that the companies make it a lot easier for folk to understand, about damn time too.
Defiantly about time, they make it so hard to understand.
Old 16-11-2011, 20:12   #12

Can't see the point of switching, the new company you sign up to might be cheap for a month until they put up the prices and make it the same price as everybody else.

It's about time the Utilities were back in public ownership and the government control electric and gas prices.
phil8715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011, 22:11   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Looks like scottish power are good at conning people Dave
jay, I think it was more like the salesman just trying to get his commision, by the time the problem comes to light he will have moved on. I did raise the promises with scotish power they hadn't a clue what I was talking about.

Mind you that comes as no surprise to most people as they never know what I am talking about.
Old 17-11-2011, 09:04   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
jay, I think it was more like the salesman just trying to get his commision, by the time the problem comes to light he will have moved on. I did raise the promises with scotish power they hadn't a clue what I was talking about.

Mind you that comes as no surprise to most people as they never know what I am talking about.
What was that
Old 17-11-2011, 19:09   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
What was that
cant remember.
.er what?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..