Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 21:16   #91
God Member

Re: Gay Parade For Accy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I read that too. When I was in his shop he was saying that there had been 15 homophobic attacks against his shop and him in the last few weeks. I wonder if he's considered that it's because he's not a very nice person and not actually because he's gay!
On the other hand .. not much of an excuse to attack someones shop because they are not a nice person .. or because you don't like them.
seems to me the publicity he has generated has come back to haunt him.. just goes to show best way is to keep your gob shut.. or is it?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-03-2007, 21:41   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
On the other hand .. not much of an excuse to attack someones shop because they are not a nice person .. or because you don't like them.
And I certainly don't condone it. I think what I'm saying is that he could possibly be using his being gay as an excuse for people not to like him.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 21:56   #93
God Member

Quote:
And I certainly don't condone it. I think what I'm saying is that he could possibly be using his being gay as an excuse for people not to like him.
Ok Gayle .. you asked for it..... just like black people use it as an excuse for being bone idle and usless... according to Patrick Mercer.. Tory Mp
sitting on the fence again?
Old 09-03-2007, 22:00   #94
God Member

Not sitting on the fence on this one. Saying out right that I think he's using his gayness for the reason people don't like him.

PS - I said absolutely nothing like that on that other thread so don't bring that into it.

Old 09-03-2007, 22:06   #95
Resting in peace

This 'guy' has asked for it, if you are in business dealing with all types of customers, you do not draw attention to yourself by sticking a label on your gender unless, this is the only type of people you wish to attract to to the service you offer.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 22:14   #96
God Member

Quote:
Not sitting on the fence on this one. Saying out right that I think he's using his gayness for the reason people don't like him.

PS - I said absolutely nothing like that on that other thread so don't bring that into it.
For someone that claims to be labour..or do you?.. you seem to "not comment" on alot of slurs against race/gender and shall we say the less fortunate of people in our society that are regulary posted on this site..I'm just curious.. what is your postion? what do you think?..

I have seen on here blatant racism.. extreme right wing fascist extremists.. and all you say is.."i've got to sit on the fence on this one " or similar.. were's your guts?
Old 09-03-2007, 22:27   #97
God Member

I'm a bit lost as to where you're coming from Mancie. I am not sitting on the fence on this thread at all. I think I'm saying quite clearly what my view is on this one so there's no need to repeat it.

Also, if you do go back to the other thread that you're referring to I think you'll find that I also quite clearly state my views.

Old 09-03-2007, 22:35   #98
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I read that too. When I was in his shop he was saying that there had been 15 homophobic attacks against his shop and him in the last few weeks. I wonder if he's considered that it's because he's not a very nice person and not actually because he's gay!
Funny that someone who runs to the press so easily with a non story, didn't mention these alleged fifteen attacks to either the press, or indeed the police.

People like him, instead of cementing community relations, actually weaken them.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 22:37   #99
Give, give, give member

Quote:
seems to me the publicity he has generated has come back to haunt him.. just goes to show best way is to keep your gob shut.. or is it?
I want to know what these fifteen attacks consist of?

To me it sounds like lies.

Old 09-03-2007, 22:37   #100
God Member

Or he's mentioned them to the press but the press have had the good sense not to take him up on them.

I agree, people with a chip on their shoulder in this way do absolutely nothing for community relations.

Old 09-03-2007, 22:38   #101
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Again, quite agree.

Old 09-03-2007, 22:45   #102
God Member

I know of asian houses that have had their windows put through.. ok maybe in the 70's but they did not bother with the police ..because they knew nowt would be done... so things have changed!
Old 09-03-2007, 22:54   #103
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I know of asian houses that have had their windows put through.. ok maybe in the 70's but they did not bother with the police ..because they knew nowt would be done... so things have changed!

As I said earlier my godfather owns the biggest gay company in the UK, with fourteen shops throughout the UK, as well as various concessions as well as other related businesses, in both our major cities and smaller towns. I actually set up and managed one of them for his company up in Glasgow. I personally know there has been little, in fact no homophobic attacks on any of his high profile stores, and I would be very suprised if Mr Freely, even with his self publicising, has had fifeteen attacks in the time since he went public with his ludicrous idea for a Gay Pride parade in Accrington.

To me it seems just the sort of bull that I would expect from someone who this week was himself found gulity of a nasty little hate crime.

Old 09-03-2007, 23:06   #104
God Member

Quote:
I'm a bit lost as to where you're coming from Mancie. I am not sitting on the fence on this thread at all. I think I'm saying quite clearly what my view is on this one so there's no need to repeat it.

Also, if you do go back to the other thread that you're referring to I think you'll find that I also quite clearly state my views.
Ok Gayle .. may I give you some examples... Bagpuss stated that he would be willing to be the executioner in killing all muslims... Acriliyic bob said all baltic men should be sterolised... others ..to many to mention have said that "nigger" is a word from the oxford dictionary and can be used whenever they want.

you have said quote.. nothing.. are you a rep of labour or have you no official representation?
Old 09-03-2007, 23:11   #105
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Ok Gayle .. may I give you some examples... Bagpuss stated that he would be willing to be the executioner in killing all muslims... Acriliyic bob said all baltic men should be sterolised... others ..to many to mention have said that "nigger" is a word from the oxford dictionary and can be used whenever they want.

you have said quote.. nothing.. are you a rep of labour or have you no official representation?
I'm not here to answer for Gayle but I do know she is a member of the Labour party, but has no offical role, or representation as you put it. She represents only herself, as she's said here many times. I think what she has said is perfectly clear, and the sitting on the fence comment makes no sense at all.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..