Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2010, 20:56   #61
God Member

Re: General Election

I wonder how any country can expect to operate when 1/5 of all able bodied adults in employment are public employees (non producers and non taxpayers) .note ...... Taxes paid by public employees are just recycled £s paid into the system previously by private emplyees and compaies and as such cannot be counted as 'new wealth')

National Statistics Online

and 1/3 of all homes are in reciept of Govt. benefits for at least 1/2 of its income, and therefore are non contributors to the system

One third of homes dependent on benefits - Telegraph

simple math shows that a majority of the population 1/5 +1/3 = 8/15 (20% +33.3% = 53%) is being financially supported by a lesser number of legitimate taxpayers , hardly conducive to a competive economy
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-03-2010, 21:53   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
I wonder how any country can expect to operate when 1/5 of all able bodied adults in employment are public employees (non producers and non taxpayers) .note ...... Taxes paid by public employees are just recycled £s paid into the system previously by private emplyees and compaies and as such cannot be counted as 'new wealth')

and 1/3 of all homes are in reciept of Govt. benefits for at least 1/2 of its income, and therefore are non contributors to the system

simple math shows that a majority of the population 1/5 +1/3 = 8/15 (20% +33.3% = 53%) is being financially supported by a lesser number of legitimate taxpayers , hardly conducive to a competive economy
Very easy - You employ another couple of million civil servants and then you screw everyone else to pay the bill.

It does get the unemployment figures down for a while.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really

Last edited by Benipete; 27-03-2010 at 21:56.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 23:21   #63
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Never mind 'simple'.

With those skills, if you were back over here, you'd be a Professor of Mathematics, teaching at Oxford.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 02:09   #64
God Member

Quote:

the link shows that government employees has decreased 5% in the last ten years.. not a good thing.. wether it be within strong economies such as Britian and the so called G8 ...high unemployment is the main factor in any western economy.. even if as you say some of these government jobs are non-productive.. I'd rather have some in work than pay them to sit at home.. that is more productive.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..