Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2012, 17:10   #76
God Member

Re: General Election?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post

Gary, I have already given my stance on that. For further info, please see Cllr Allah Dad, it was his motion.

Bob, read what I wrote again and scale down your righteous indignation by several million degrees.
I took your advice, well the bit about reading anyway and came across this, posted on 5/2/12.

"Those who know me are well aware I hate anything PC"

Perhaps, but not enough to stand up to an ethnic minority councillor who you considered to be blatantly "electioneering". You claim that the Kashmiri motion couldn't simply be thrown out. OK, I can accept that. But what was there to stop you voting against the motion, or simply abstaining?

I care little for christianity, but the bible is a mine of useful quotes. One of my favorites is this...Mathew (7:20)

"Wherefore by their fruits shall ye know them"

The other one concerns balances and being weighed

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 28-02-2012 at 17:13.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2012, 17:20   #77
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
It's nice to see you two have kissed and made up, launching a join salvo on the people formally identified as the villains of the piece, namely HBC. Perhaps now you could take time out to read what people post in response to your questions.

Gary, I have already given my stance on that. For further info, please see Cllr Allah Dad, it was his motion.

Bob, read what I wrote again and scale down your righteous indignation by several million degrees.

Red sky at night, Bob's house on fire at the other end of Rishton.....see how his anger burns!
Well, you are proving to be a bigger bitch than both of them combined!

Put forward something worthwhile or else refrain from commenting at all, you made more sense while you were away.

(anonymously peeved of Accrington).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 17:38   #78
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Did you use the right tense?

Shouldn't that be plural?
Oh your are so quick Rindi
Old 28-02-2012, 18:33   #79
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Oh your are so quick Rindi
It only appears so.

When dealing with amateurs.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 18:46   #80
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It only appears so.

When dealing with amateurs.
Ya well that is an advantage I suppose and an amateur Jock as well
Old 28-02-2012, 20:19   #81
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
I took your advice, well the bit about reading anyway and came across this, posted on 5/2/12.

"Those who know me are well aware I hate anything PC"

Perhaps, but not enough to stand up to an ethnic minority councillor who you considered to be blatantly "electioneering". You claim that the Kashmiri motion couldn't simply be thrown out. OK, I can accept that. But what was there to stop you voting against the motion, or simply abstaining?

I care little for christianity, but the bible is a mine of useful quotes. One of my favorites is this...Mathew (7:20)

"Wherefore by their fruits shall ye know them"

The other one concerns balances and being weighed

Fair point, but when in Full Council you sometimes have to weigh up the bigger picture in Hyndburn. It might not affect Rishton but that particular motion had relevance to residents of my counterparts in several other wards, such as Central and Springhill. As a representative of Hyndburn I wasn't against it and I am vehemently opposed to abstaining unless it is absolutely necessary (which it rarely is).

It seemed like a tactical motion brought to council in order to show that the Conservatives are dead keen on Kashmiris. I may be wrong. However just because something doesn't affect me doesn't mean that I automatically vote against it. I have put up several motions and questions which single out Rishton but my colleagues have still voted for them.

As I have said before, I don't look forward to international motions at Full Council again.

Have we not exhausted this topic yet? There really is nothing more to say.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 20:22   #82
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well, you are proving to be a bigger bitch than both of them combined!

Put forward something worthwhile or else refrain from commenting at all, you made more sense while you were away.
No Less, we're just going down the same route as before.

I am asked a question, I respond.

Said questioner disregards my answer and keeps labouring the question over and over.

I am endeavouring to make Accyweb 'fun' for myself so that I never leave again.....

Old 28-02-2012, 20:25   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Sorry Ken thats wriggling to me===========",Fair point, but when in Full Council you sometimes have to weigh up the bigger picture in Hyndburn. "=============== If its blatantly obvious to anyone wi a grain of sense, That it was n issue "NO" local council should engage in, fer obvious reason, The yer explanation carries no weight at all to me.
Old 28-02-2012, 20:29   #84
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I am endeavouring to make Accyweb 'fun' for myself so that I never leave again.....
See, Bollicktiks makes you miserable, well it certainly does most folk. Do a Francesco (Schettino) & bail while there's still lifeboats about. Sorry, fall overboard to avoid going down with the Ship.
Old 28-02-2012, 20:32   #85
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Sorry Ken thats wriggling to me===========",Fair point, but when in Full Council you sometimes have to weigh up the bigger picture in Hyndburn. "=============== If its blatantly obvious to anyone wi a grain of sense, That it was n issue "NO" local council should engage in, fer obvious reason, The yer explanation carries no weight at all to me.
You're having a go at me for voting in favour of something that I wasn't inherently against. It took about five minutes to deal with and it wasn't even my motion. I have better things to worry about than something I glossed over several months ago.

We can't just throw something out because we don't like it.

Take it up with the Conservatives for bringing it to Council in the first place.

Old 28-02-2012, 20:35   #86
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
See, Bollicktiks makes you miserable, well it certainly does most folk. Do a Francesco (Schettino) & bail while there's still lifeboats about. Sorry, fall overboard to avoid going down with the Ship.
Nah, it's quite fun being a councillor. It's less fun when people simply hear words instead of listening.

I have a tankard of Shepherd Neame here, cushioning the blow of a two hour meeting tonight.

My appreciation of ale has rocketed since May 2010.....

Old 28-02-2012, 20:40   #87
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I have a tankard of Shepherd Neame here,
That's Southern stuff is that !!! (What kind ? Finger ??? double Spitty ??? )
Old 28-02-2012, 20:44   #88
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
That's Southern stuff is that !!! (What kind ? Finger ??? double Spitty ??? )
I know, I know.....I'm on emergency reserves at the mo. The crate of Moorhouses Blonde Witch was 'destroyed' at the weekend, one of the best beers of all time.

However, this is easily my favourite ale:

Loweswater Gold - Cumbrian Legendary Ales

Regrettably, the only thing left in the Rishton Towers cellar now is a bottle of Old Dan.

Ouch.

Old 28-02-2012, 20:51   #89
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Ouch.
Oh I don't know 7.4% reassuringly mind numbing

A horrible Tykey person gave me some Copper Dragon (Pippin) the other week & considering it comes from the wrong side of the moors it was OK.
Old 28-02-2012, 20:54   #90
Give, give, give member

Quote:
You only seemed to have fun on here, whilst in opposition.

Attacking the then leader, and the ruling party on the council.

No one on here has viciously attacked you, or any of your colleagues, as you revelled in your assaults on them.

On this forum people have always grumbled when our politicans do something stupid.

They will continue to do so, whoever's in power, and whether politicans choose to come on here, and use Accy Web, for whatever reasons...or not.

Last edited by garinda; 28-02-2012 at 20:58.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..