Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2012, 14:07   #1
God Member

General Election?

I know that the government have said that they will govern for the full five years, and have legislated to that effect.

But, given that the pressure on the coalition is growing with every day that passes. And given that the Lib Dem half of the coalition is proving to be more than a bit of a millstone around the neck of the other half. What do members think of the opinion I heard canvassed earlier today of a General Election in the autumn of this year

?

Old 26-02-2012, 14:12   #2
Senior Member+

Re: General Election?

Let's hope so
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 14:21   #3
God Member

id rather leave this risk of living in a world with milliband at the helm and jones in a position of power as long as possible.

yes i know its a minute risk but why take unessessary risks when the outcome could be so terrible

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 14:23   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think someone clutching at straws A-B, none will give up what they got, even if it is crap. imho.
Old 26-02-2012, 16:26   #5
God Member

According to odds given by bet365 for the year of next election, 2015 or later is favourite, at odds of 8/15. The party favourite to gain most seats at the next election is the Conservatives at odds of 8/11

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 17:41   #6
Beacon of light

It will be interesting to see how the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats campaign....seeing as they have shared a bed together(figuratively speaking).
How do you throw mud at the party you have shared government with, and supposedly got along(though we all know it is an uneasy partnership)?

When the coalition started out, I didn't figure it would last as long as it had...but I guess it has only lasted because David Cameron has capitulated to the whims of the Lib Dems.
Damn, it isn't so long ago he was at odds with the french President N. Sarcastic(Nicholas Sarkozy)....and the next news is they are cosying up to one another and the snubs and put downs from the french dwarf are forgotten.

There isn't one of them you'd trust with your dinner money!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 20:42   #7
Give, give, give member

I think Graham Jones will be hoping the next General Election is later, rather than sooner.

Giving him longer to enjoy his time, drinking in the heavily subsidised Commons bar, and more time to witness his Labour colleagues headbutting, and kicking seven bells out of our Andrew Barrett/Cyfr's poor boss, Andrew Percy M.P.

Wild Westminster: MP charged with assault after Commons bar fracas - Mirror Online

Perhaps they thought poor Percy deserved a kicking, as one of the brave rebels who voted, that in the interests of democracy, there should be an EU referendum.

Still, in the interest of fraternal Internationalism, what's a little mindless violence between drinking friends?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 20:44   #8
Give, give, give member

Anyone foolish enough to admit they're planning to vote Lib Dem?

Anyone?

Anyone perhaps recently awoken from a long coma?

No?

Thought not.

Old 26-02-2012, 21:24   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Anyone foolish enough to admit they're planning to vote Lib Dem?

Anyone?

Anyone perhaps recently awoken from a long coma?

No?

Thought not.
Perhaps the same could be said fer the 3 Major parties?
Old 26-02-2012, 22:12   #10

Thumbs down Re: General Election?

I don't vote time after time they say one thing do another. They should not be aloud to get away with that. Is there no way they could get done for fraud? They get given positions of power on lies and deceit.
Old 27-02-2012, 00:54   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiasfc View Post
I don't vote time after time they say one thing do another. They should not be aloud to get away with that. Is there no way they could get done for fraud? They get given positions of power on lies and deceit.

there needs to be some kind of mass kull of politions..

well if its good enough for sheep that get colds its got to be good enough for a bunch of theiving gits

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 08:28   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Maybe if you did take the trouble to vote, you and the 30 odd per cent who didn't bother in 2010, things may have been different, one has to say that until an incoming government actually see's the books and reads all those little love notes left by the failed predecessors (There's no money left we've spent it all) no decisions can be set in tablets of stone
Old 27-02-2012, 08:33   #13
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Disillusioned with mainstream political parties?

Use your vote in protest.

Don't waste it.

Vote UKIP.

UK Independence Party

Old 27-02-2012, 09:45   #14

I don't trust any politician to vote for them I have the right to vote but don't use it (yet) out of protest. Im not as young and naive as many other young people I do watch political program. As jaysay said about looking at the book i understand that but some do the exact opposite to what they campaigned.
Old 27-02-2012, 09:47   #15
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Whilst there are always going to be issues that voters wish the government had taken a different direction on, I will always take the same stance on elections - if you don't vote, you have no right to complain.

There are local elections every year, tempered by periodical general elections to keep things really interesting. This is your chance to say how you feel so get out there and use it.

'I don't vote' is leaving the doors wide open for idle chancers who just happen to be wearing the right badge.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..