Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree350Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2017, 21:41   #286
God Member

Re: General Election called

You missed of the PFI scandal. First introduced ,by Major and slammed at the time by Labour as 'backdoor privatisation', when Blair and Brown got their hands on things PFI really took off after 1996. We (tax payers) will be paying £300 to a private contractor to change a light bulb in a hospital for decades to come.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-05-2017, 22:03   #287
I am Banned

Yes Labour lumbered the NHS with vast PFI repayments - £50 billion worth of loans which are costing £300 billion in repayments.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 22:04   #288
I am Banned

Labour destroyed our border controls then with the help of the BBC denounced anybody who voiced concerns about mass immigration as racists
Old 01-06-2017, 09:44   #289
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
You missed of the PFI scandal. First introduced ,by Major and slammed at the time by Labour as 'backdoor privatisation', when Blair and Brown got their hands on things PFI really took off after 1996. We (tax payers) will be paying £300 to a private contractor to change a light bulb in a hospital for decades to come.
I worked in the NHS at the time PFI was mooted.
I raised concerns at many meetings.
It seemed ludicrous to me that the taxpayer would be saddled with a debt, the extent of which was very unclear(but it was certainly going to be a lot)...that coupled with the fact that contractors would be responsible(charging the NHS stupid amounts) for general upkeep and maintenance.
All this so that borrowing would not appear on the governments books.
It was a sly and duplicitous way to get the general public to think that New Labour cared about services.
New Labour ensured that big businesses could prosper at our expense...it was more Tory, than Tory ever was.

Tony Blair did much to destroy the Labour Party and the fabric of the country...if you vote Labour next Thursday you will be giving Jeremy Corbyn the permission to finish of the job and take a shovel and bury this country.
cashman, DaveinGermany and st06nc2 like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:45   #290
I am Banned

Site with information about Labour Party Paedophiles
https://labour25.com

Last edited by Neil; 02-06-2017 at 10:12. Reason: added description to link
Old 01-06-2017, 12:18   #291
God Member

what did our area get from PFI other than a hospital extension that didnt meet up properly and had to have its baby unit shut down after years of problems from the get go ..

ooh oooh they changed the name as well to make it feel new

thanks to PFI the area had one hospital demolished and the other one wrecked

notto mention the butchering of accy vic

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 12:39   #292
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Our pathetic justice system, Why is he allowed bail?
Old 01-06-2017, 17:40   #293
God Member

lol some predictions now say a hung parliament and corbyn could actually do a coalition with the IRA

sorry sin fein ( IRA DIRT BAGS)

We could actually have a part IRA government in power if corbyn can get the IRA oops sin fein seats to swear allegiance to the queen

when asked legitimately if corbyn would consider it the reporter was ranted at and insulted as though it was absurd to think that the IRA loving dirt bag corbyn would enter in to a deal with the IRA oops there i go again i mean sin fein

jerry adams deputy pm ?
hilleluk likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 01-06-2017, 17:44   #294
I am Banned

If corbyn comes to power I'll be looking for a new job abroad, rather move than be stuck with him as leader
Old 01-06-2017, 18:02   #295
God Member

Quote:
If corbyn comes to power I'll be looking for a new job abroad, rather move than be stuck with him as leader
well if he wins at least you will still have free movement and all the current membership benefits of been in the EU because he will drag us back in one way or another

Old 02-06-2017, 08:00   #296
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
well if he wins at least you will still have free movement and all the current membership benefits of been in the EU because he will drag us back in one way or another
Probably be safer than the labour/SNP run Britain that they are now predicting
Old 02-06-2017, 08:18   #297
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Probably be safer than the labour/SNP run Britain that they are now predicting
They predicted remain in the referendum. also clinton in the presidency.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:31   #298
Beacon of light

People do not tell the truth in polls.
The only one that matters is the one where you put your cross in the box...everything else is just smoke and mirrors.
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:27   #299
Senior Member+

Our postal votes have gone off.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:51   #300
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Our postal votes have gone off.
Perhaps you should have kept them in the freezer?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..