Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: If a General Election were called tomorrow which way would you vote?
Labour 9 25.00%
Conservative 16 44.44%
Liberal Democrat 2 5.56%
Other 9 25.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2008, 13:36   #76
God Member

Re: General Election Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam1 View Post
im not voting this time, they all p..s in one pot.wast of time whoever get in no good for this town its dead any way shops all going no work.thay all promise you all sorts then nothing gets done. time wasters.
Politicians - professional turd polishers

Spend millions on shiny buildings & it'll be reyt, the public won't notice 'owt wrong
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-04-2008, 13:49   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I don't know why anyone would vote liberal democrat, merely because they seem like incompetent politicians more than anything, not really leader material...
This is coming from a supporter of Cameron!

He wouldn't have a clue what to do with no Labour government around. You see, criticising Labour is Mr Cameron's way of justifying his existence. Should he win a general election, I predict he would be found somewhere in his home cowering behind his beloved bicycle hollering "please Mama, don't let them make me do it! Where's huggsy?!".
Old 23-04-2008, 21:42   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Well I would, but apparently I've got to 'share it around' (innuendo obviously strategically placed by Roy) before I give karma to you again.

Have a tin of Spam instead:
Thanx ... goes well with Kraft Dinner
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2008, 00:16   #79
God Member

Quote:
This is coming from a supporter of Cameron!

He wouldn't have a clue what to do with no Labour government around. You see, criticising Labour is Mr Cameron's way of justifying his existence. Should he win a general election, I predict he would be found somewhere in his home cowering behind his beloved bicycle hollering "please Mama, don't let them make me do it! Where's huggsy?!".
I am not saying liberal democrats lack good ideas, I just don't see a strong leader.

Ideally, politicians of all parties shouldn't be working against each other to achieve support but working together for the good of the country. Unfortunately, every political party drags the others down in the dirt because that's the way it is.

You're right, the Tories can just look at Labour and see 'what not to do' and do the opposite. But I would've thought thats the method most people would use in general.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2008, 17:26   #80
God Member

Quote:
I am not saying liberal democrats lack good ideas, I just don't see a strong leader.
My point is that it is ironic that you, a supporter of David Cameron, would criticise another person's leadership qualities. He hasn't got a clue.

Quote:
You're right, the Tories can just look at Labour and see 'what not to do' and do the opposite. But I would've thought thats the method most people would use in general.
My point here is that the Conservatives don't stand for anything different. They present no principles or radical changes to the way Britain is run. Their only real manifesto is "we won't make the mistakes Labour have" ...how profound.

The state of government is terrible. However there is no opposition party that could do the job any better, as no one has a clue what exactly to change. That is a fact.
Old 24-04-2008, 17:44   #81
God Member

Quote:
My point is that it is ironic that you, a supporter of David Cameron, would criticise another person's leadership qualities. He hasn't got a clue.

My point here is that the Conservatives don't stand for anything different. They present no principles or radical changes to the way Britain is run. Their only real manifesto is "we won't make the mistakes Labour have" ...how profound.

The state of government is terrible. However there is no opposition party that could do the job any better, as no one has a clue what exactly to change. That is a fact.
Well considering the Labour party keep stealing Conservative ideas, it's hardly the Conservatives fault for the parties not differing that much. If they decided not to announce policy until an election, then you'd criticise them for not having any substance, can't win really.
Old 24-04-2008, 18:01   #82
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
Well considering the Labour party keep stealing Conservative ideas, it's hardly the Conservatives fault for the parties not differing that much. If they decided not to announce policy until an election, then you'd criticise them for not having any substance, can't win really.
The Conservatives have actual policies?

Rather than just sound bites about caring, sharing, and communities?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2008, 18:49   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yours was not not the only father n family who fought in the wars, n to say they fought for the "Right to Vote" is utter rubbish,it was more about "Conscription" n a evil pig called "Adolf"n many joined up in droves to " Fight fer the Country" to say people who disagree with yer view are "Spitting on their Graves" is insulting as far as i'm concerned, but if that fits in yer " Narrow Mind" fair enough.
Th'owd fella wasn't conscripted, in fact he could have taken the easy way out, as he was a miner and therefore exempt from call up, but he had his principles and knew that monster had to be defeated

and after 3 years as POW including a 3 month "trip" to Belsen for repeatedly trying to escape, his views were even firmer that democracy WAS worth fighting for !!

Do you seriously think we would even be allowed to have this debate under the German Jackboot, if he and thousands like him hadn't taken the stand - so no, I will not spit on their graves

My "Narrow Mind"....?!? keeps me in the same views as him - and in the words of someone who really understood what democracy is........
." I don't agree with your Tory views !!!.............. but I will fight to the death for your right to hold them
Old 24-04-2008, 19:15   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Sure they have policies ... can be summed up as screw the little guy ... and with our tories: build up the military so that we can help out the yanks, reopen the debates on gay marriage and abortion, tax breaks for the already obscenly rich, get tough on crime at a time when all types of crime are on the decrease, and at the same time make it easier to own guns. Open up our wilderness for industrial devpt. etc, etc. I still say that the only good tory is a suppository.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 01:53   #85
God Member

Quote:

Yeah, if you read some papers or watch TV or even visit Conservatives.com you can find them out.
Old 25-04-2008, 01:55   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Sure they have policies ... can be summed up as screw the little guy ... and with our tories: build up the military so that we can help out the yanks, reopen the debates on gay marriage and abortion, tax breaks for the already obscenly rich, get tough on crime at a time when all types of crime are on the decrease, and at the same time make it easier to own guns. Open up our wilderness for industrial devpt. etc, etc. I still say that the only good tory is a suppository.
Can you please link me to these policies? Please? I don't want to be part of a party that agrees to this, so heres your chance to make the Conservatives lose a member and a vote. Link me up!
Old 25-04-2008, 09:44   #87
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
Yeah, if you read some papers or watch TV or even visit Conservatives.com you can find them out.
Oh trust me I do.

I watched Cameron being interviewed on a tour of leafy Surrey yesterday.

He was being interviewed by the BBC about crime, and the man from the Beeb told him the latest figures showed crime was falling, and if he'd been the person responsible for the figures he'd be boasting about them, instead of attacking them. Cameron gave the usual politican's response of not answering that comment.

Tellingly at the end of the report, the police chief constable who'd been in charge of Cameron's visit and had shown him round, said that crime was very noticeably down in the area.

Old 25-04-2008, 10:40   #88
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh trust me I do.

He was being interviewed by the BBC about crime, and the man from the Beeb told him the latest figures showed crime was falling, and if he'd been the person responsible for the figures he'd be boasting about them, instead of attacking them. Cameron gave the usual politican's response of not answering that comment.

Tellingly at the end of the report, the police chief constable who'd been in charge of Cameron's visit and had shown him round, said that crime was very noticeably down in the area.
Oh come on Rindi, we've got a party in Government that has spent the last eleven years spining the British people to death, whilst making us one of the heaviest taxed countries in Europe. We now have a Prime Minister that isn't even a good musical Joke, let alone a statesman. If your beloved Labour Party (I know yo keep telling us you've no political affinity) are so much better than he Tories why are they 18 ponts behind them in the polls and Brown is the most dislike PM since records began, he is actually making John Major look like a world beater
Old 25-04-2008, 11:35   #89
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Oh come on Rindi, we've got a party in Government that has spent the last eleven years spining the British people to death, whilst making us one of the heaviest taxed countries in Europe. We now have a Prime Minister that isn't even a good musical Joke, let alone a statesman. If your beloved Labour Party (I know yo keep telling us you've no political affinity) are so much better than he Tories why are they 18 ponts behind them in the polls and Brown is the most dislike PM since records began, he is actually making John Major look like a world beater
As you point out, unlike your good self, I'm not a member of any political organisation or party.

I will continue to criticise, or praise, whoever, and whatever, I see fit.

Just this past week I've highlighted three major issues I have with this government, as well as calling them sleazy on this very forum.

I guess that's the beauty I have of being non-partisan, unlike those of you who are active members of a political organisation, and who use Accy Web to spread one party propoganda.

I was genuinely disappointed yesterday with Cameron's interview with the BBC about crime. As was pointed out to him, if he was P.M. he'd be shouting from the roof tops about the fall in figures of reported crime, and taking all the praise.

He showed the same sort of reticence to comment that he exhibits over the question as to whether he ever took illegal drugs before becoming party leader. A simple yes or no would be so much more appreciated by the general public.

British politics is crying out for straightforward, clear, honest, leadership. Three things David Cameron has so far not shown he is capable of.

Old 25-04-2008, 14:42   #90
God Member

Quote:
Oh trust me I do.

In the interview he even mentioned a direct policy he was going to implement. So you are aware of policy Conservatives are making!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..