Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 13:40   #31
Senior Member+

Re: German Measles party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Has she not had her second though, usually at about 36 months .. so this could be the reason.

The second jab is usually between 3 and 5 yrs. We are waiting for an appointment to come through for Siobhan's, but that could take time as a friend of mine's little girl didn't get hers through until she was 5yrs, despite her mother requesting it on several occasions.

The doctor did advise us that even though a child has had the jab, they can still get a mild dose,

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-07-2008, 13:52   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttonsmum View Post
The second jab is usually between 3 and 5 yrs. We are waiting for an appointment to come through for Siobhan's, but that could take time as a friend of mine's little girl didn't get hers through until she was 5yrs, despite her mother requesting it on several occasions.

The doctor did advise us that even though a child has had the jab, they can still get a mild dose,
Hope she's OK Buttonsmum .. not too bad though is it.

5 years .. what's going on then ? Pretty sure there is not a shortage ? Sounds like shortage of appointment time to me.

P.S. Have been nosing at yer Flickr pictures .. some lovely shots of Siobhan there ... better not take a photo' at the moment though .. LOL
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 14:07   #33
Senior Member+

Apart from being itchy, off her food and a bit mard she's fine.

But thats where the calomine lotion and lots of mummy and daddy cuddles come in.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 16:36   #34
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Confused a little Willow, the MMR (which included the Rubella vaccination for the first time) was not brought in until 1972, would you not be 19 then ? Maybe that's why they were a little puzzled ?

I thought the MMR was brought in in 1988! Didn't they used to do seperate ones prior to that? I had something anyway!!

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 08-07-2008 at 16:39.
WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 17:05   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post

I thought the MMR was brought in in 1988! Didn't they used to do seperate ones prior to that? I had something anyway!!
Well, the vaccine was not licensed until 1969 .. but not incorporated into the MMR until '72 (when they started the Nationwide programme .. not sure Willow) . I know my daughter born in '65 never had it, but certainly son born in '82 did.

Last edited by katex; 08-07-2008 at 17:08.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 20:09   #36
I am Banned

aw bless hope she is feeling better soon give her a big hug from me x
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:58   #37
God Member

Whats the rule about when she can go back to nursery? I know they are contageous for 2 weeks before the spots come out, is it 1 week from appearence or longer?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:01   #38

With chicken pox, my likkle fella wasnt allowed anywhere till the last of the spots had blistered. He had one on his finger that was a couple of days behind the rest. Was debating amputaion by this point lol.

Have you tried Anti-histimines as well?? I used the liquid form and it was fab for getting rid of the itching? Might be worth a do?
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:19   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Whats the rule about when she can go back to nursery? I know they are contageous for 2 weeks before the spots come out, is it 1 week from appearence or longer?
best to ask nursery,depends what their policy on infections........They will probably ask for her to stay off longer to be on the safe side.......Saying that, all the other kid will have already been in contactwith her before you knew about it..

according to NHS direct you are contagious till 5 days after the rash appears..

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:47   #40
I am Banned

Ian - i cant remember off hand - best to give them a ring - do the staff know because a member of staff working around Siobhan is expecting?
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 13:20   #41
God Member

I rang up on the morning to say we suspected, rang again when we came out and I confirmed again in the afternoon so yep we've done our bit!

TBH I reckon she picked it up there and unprompted said a little boy had spots last week. Its not an issue and TBH I'm happy she has had it before she starts proper school, we only have normal measles left on teh ticklist of illnesses youu must have!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..