Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 12:05   #1
God Member

German Measles party!

Siobhans got the good old German Measles.

If you want to get your kid infected feel free to pop round and let them play with her!

Some people like the idea of getting it all out the way before school starts so they are less likely to miss school due to these moments in life.

Ian

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-07-2008, 12:20   #2
Senior Member+

Re: German Measles party!

erm.... no thanks lol

Have you told nursery/playgroup or anywhere she goes to? German measles is and infectious disease and may need reporting to RIDDOR ....parents of any other children she has been in contact with will need to know (and any pregnant women)

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:54   #3
God Member

yep, told them this morning. TBH I reckon she caught it there!

plus they have it 2-3 weeks before they show so its already too late to do owt about it!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

Old 07-07-2008, 13:40   #4
God Member

i reckon you are doing right Ian, i wish Reece had had them already, it would have been better for him to get them at a younger age than at the age he is now
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 14:37   #5
Passed away 25-11-09

When I was a small child, before the NHS got off the ground, it was quite normal for mothers to send their children round to play with a child who had one of the childhood diseases - german measles, chickenpox etc. Most of those illnesses were less severe in younger children than when they were older and it got them out of the way before school. That way also gave the child a natural immunity to the diseases without the putative risks, today, of innoculation.

Right, form an orderly queue and get your children round to Entwisi's. He can supply the jelly and ice cream.
Old 07-07-2008, 14:42   #6
Senior Member+

If your kids get it now they will have it over the summer holidays!!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 07-07-2008, 14:52   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
If your kids get it now they will have it over the summer holidays!!!

well i'm sorry but i would rather Reece have it over the summer holidays than be extremely ill with it when he's a man
Old 07-07-2008, 14:55   #8
Senior Member+

i was pointing out that they wont have to miss any school.......

Old 07-07-2008, 14:56   #9
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device

Yep jelly and ice cream is available!
Old 07-07-2008, 15:08   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i reckon you are doing right Ian, i wish Reece had had them already, it would have been better for him to get them at a younger age than at the age he is now
Don't think too serious even when older Flashy .. chickenpox can be though, hate to bring up MMR, but did he not have these injections ? You can do a Tony Blair if you do not wish to answer this.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 15:10   #11
God Member

hell yeah, of course he had his injections
Old 07-07-2008, 15:11   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
hell yeah, of course he had his injections
Well, would have included the Rubella I would imagine, so he will be immune.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 15:11   #13
Senior Member+

Measles Mumps and Rubella......Rubella=german measles

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/...manmeasles.htm

Old 07-07-2008, 15:16   #14
God Member

i may be wrong here but i thought that they could still get the infection if they have had the injections, but just not an extreme case of it?

like i said, i may be wrong
Old 07-07-2008, 15:22   #15
Senior Member+

http://www.metrokc.gov/health/immunization/system.htm

Quote:
QUESTION:
I have heard that some people get diseases that they have been vaccinated against. How could this be true?
ANSWER:
Modern vaccines are extremely effective, but are not perfect. For example, a vaccine that is 90% effective means that one in every ten people who is vaccinated is not fully protected from the disease. Should disease affect a community, those that are unprotected are likely to be infected - which includes those who were not vaccinated and the 10% of people who were vaccinated but for whom the vaccine didn't work. The 10% for whom the vaccine did not work may still have partial immunity; if infected, these individuals may experience a milder form of the disease. Because most diseases that vaccines prevent are transmitted from person-to-person, the more people in a community who are immunized, the less likely that disease will be transmitted and "find" the few that are unprotected.

Most vaccines require more than one dose to reach maximum immunity. Some, like tetanus and diphtheria, require booster doses every 10 years throughout life to continue that immunity.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..