Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2014, 11:14   #1
Senior Member+

Gerry Adams MP, terrorist & freedom fighter

Arrested.
Will he be charged?
Did he know about the death?
Was he involved with the death?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-05-2014, 14:39   #2

Re: Gerry Adams MP, terrorist & freedom fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Arrested.
Will he be charged? No
Did he know about the death? Yeah and the rest
Was he involved with the death? Yeah and the rest
Along with his sidekick they are pure vermin.
Accyexplorer likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 15:23   #3

I think anyone achieving high rank / office in the IRA or Sinn Fein during The Troubles would have a good chance of being directly involved in murder(s).
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 21:38   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
I think anyone achieving high rank / office in the IRA or Sinn Fein during The Troubles would have a good chance of being directly involved in murder(s).
i was thinking the same
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 22:17   #5
God Member

america will swoop in and save him

they have a habbit of supporting those who murder our troops

it still makes me sick how america take credit for ending the troubles in ireland when all they did was basically stopped giving the IRA weapons to shoot at our soldiers and civilians with

clintons biggest acheivement was the equivalent of me kicking someone in teh nuts repeatedly then taking credit for me stopping their pain when i decided to stop

or his biggest acheivement could be holding teh record for longest kept stain on a dress

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 17:59   #6
Full Member+

The murdered woman's daughter has said she's given names to the police. Until now, people have been too scared to say anything and, the fact that Gerry Adams is still being interviewed, speaks volumes. I dare say there will be a few more arrests soon. I hope the family get some sort of peace now.
Old 02-05-2014, 18:04   #7
Beacon of light

If he comes to trial(which I doubt) and is convicted(which I doubt)...he will only serve 2 years. This is in accordance with the Good Friday agreement.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 18:29   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Adams, McGuiness & their compatriots certainly have blood on their hands from the early days you can be sure of that! In later years they distanced themselves from the killings & atrocities carried out by the IRA & their various off shoots. Then using the cover of politics as an outward display of "respectability" to bring about their aims they often denied any links or influence with the terrorist cells, all an elaborate charade, as they were still up to their eyebrows in the goings on, their orchestration & the control & command of events without actually getting their own hands dirtied!

Hopefully with the creature Adams ( and hopefully at last others) what goes around has eventually come around!
Old 02-05-2014, 18:40   #9
Full Member+

There was never any respectability for these terrorists in my eyes. I could never understand how they became 'respectable' in the first place. Why did the government appease them knowing full well what they had been involved in? You can't grow a fleece on a wolf.
Old 02-05-2014, 22:03   #10

Yes but where will it all end unless there closure on all sides?
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:31   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Yes but where will it all end unless there closure on all sides?
it hasnt ended it ust dosnt get reported anymore.The IRA still operate their reign of terror but they are more like a mafia thug type operation now .

tony blairs war on terror and the iminant threat of alquida has taken priority since the IRA and has been more beneficial for government than what the IRA could have ever been

when tony blair was stripping us of our liberties and freedoms all in teh name of teh war on terror and its for our own good the likes of cameron were against the law changes that were stripping us of our freedom yet how many laws have been aboloshed or reversed ... ?

my guess is none

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 13:29   #12

I'm surprised the tapes have been brought into the public domain, as they were supposed to have been locked away in America until the last of the named people had died. The armed wing of the IRA got its funding from NORAID which comprised of Irish descendants who settled in the USA over the last few hundred years.

The killings in the "troubles" weren't all one sided were they? I used to be friendly with some Irish families back in the 1970s when people were seeking safety on the British mainland and particularly those with children because armed gangs on both the Protestant and the Catholic sides were recruiting youngsters.

I'm surprised that cells of the IRA knew who specifically put out the original orders because it's always been my understanding that for security reasons members of each cell didn't know who the members were of other cells and that quite often those cells had autonomous control over their own actions. Although obviously there was a chain of command where other information was passed along.

As soldiers of the British Army are being brought to court it's only fair that those in other armed groups should be accountable too.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 17:05   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
for security reasons members of each cell didn't know who the members were of other cells and that quite often those cells had autonomous control over their own actions.
Your understanding is correct, but there were district & regional commanders who would know their superiors & subordinates as well as the chain of command, pretty much based on a quasi military structure leading to the CinC.
Old 04-05-2014, 17:16   #14
Full Member+

Watching the news, Adams is being released from questioning. Where's the justice for the family of the murdered woman? It's all political. I didn't expect anything else, there isn't any justice.
Old 04-05-2014, 19:06   #15
Beacon of light

It is probably that the time allowed for questioning him has expired.
It doesn't mean that he cannot be recalled for questioning.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..