Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2004, 10:35   #1
Senior Member+

Post Get a Free P.C.???

Hello Accrin'tonians, You may know me,you may not : ?.I found out this company that are giving out free new P.C.'s, there rules to getting one,something to do with advertising on the P.C. well here is the web site,have a look,it's

http://www.metronomy.com/

meanwhile Happy New Year to you all. ;D
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-01-2004, 11:37   #2
Len
God Member

Post Re: Get a Free P.C.???

Nice one kestrelx

It does look good, but I think that were will be more to it than that.
Seems to be a lot of money to give away for a few adverts.

Here are the terms and conditions I copyed.

The following 5 key terms and conditions are for your guidance only, and do not constitute a legally binding agreement. Before delivery, you will be required to complete a written agreement, either by post or online.

1) On screen advertising: In exchange for your free PC, you must accept up to 3 minutes of on-screen advertising per hour of PC use. Every month, you will receive a cd containing adverts to be shown over the following four weeks. Each disc must be loaded onto your PC for the system to update. Should you fail to do this, your PC will be disabled.

2) The PC is lent to you for a term of 36 months, after which you will be offered a new computer and a new agreement, or you can simply return the old machine to a local collection point.

3) Your household must use the PC for at least 30hrs per calender month, or approximately 1 hour a day.
4) The PC must be connected to the internet at least once a month, and you must maintain an ISP (Broadband, 56k or ISDN) account throughout the term of the agreement.

5) The principle applicant should be 18 or over, and provide a home telephone number. We will conduct a security check linking you to the address given. Under certain circumstances, you may be requested to provide alternative proof of ID. This offer is restricted to one PC per household, and is only available to UK residents at this time.

If you accept these terms and conditions and consider yourself eligible, then please click on the 'Order your free PC' button to the left of your screen, and complete the short application form.

Donate to Accyweb here:
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 14:24   #3

You never get owt for nowt
Nessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 23:48   #4
Roy
Administrator

hehe - if i was at home i would sign up for this straight away. The system will be hacked in the first month and you'll end up with a pc for nothing. The company will go bust within a year or at the most 2 and everyone with a PC will probably end up being left with it...    ;D
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 15:51   #5
God Member

I think it's all an Al-Quida plot....
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 16:22   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Nessie is totally right. You don't get owt for nowt and any offer that sounds too good to be true usually is. I wouldn't touch this one with a bargepole.
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..