Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2008, 19:14   #1
God Member

Getting More Than A bit Scary

When my grandson was on his way round here at teatime yesterday another boy was following him and threatening him with a knife!! Luckily a friend of my daughters lives enroute so he went to her house and she brought him here. It is seriously scary as the boy is about same age as my grandson and he is nine
Old 01-06-2008, 19:17   #2
God Member

Re: Getting More Than A bit Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
When my grandson was on his way round here at teatime yesterday another boy was following him and threatening him with a knife!! Luckily a friend of my daughters lives enroute so he went to her house and she brought him here. It is seriously scary as the boy is about same age as my grandson and he is nine
JESUS!!! did you inform the police??

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 19:19   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
JESUS!!! did you inform the police??
My daughter did and also went to see his mum
Old 01-06-2008, 19:21   #4
God Member

Quote:
any outcome yet Bernie?? Oh it doesn't bare thinking about

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 19:25   #5

OMG!!!! I would be scared out of my head if it was me!!
Old 01-06-2008, 19:26   #6
God Member

OMFG......, where in accy was this...?
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 19:27   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
So what was the outcome?
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 19:27   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
any outcome yet Bernie?? Oh it doesn't bare thinking about
No not yet, told my daughter she will have to make sure he has someone with him when coming round in future. It is a shame really because it is like a bit of independence for him
Old 01-06-2008, 19:33   #9

At least he had the common sense to go to your daughters friends house. Full marks to him for that
forceten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 19:40   #10
God Member

That's awful, Bernadette.

Like you say, it is a shame for him to have to be accompanied when he comes to visit you as coming round on his own gave him a bit of independence.

What's it coming to when 9 year olds are going round threatening other kids with knives?
Old 01-06-2008, 19:47   #11
God Member

the problem is all this publicity over knife crime has gloryfied the act of carrying a knife, the government have plastered images of knife crime all over youtube etc and the govenment should have known damn well that their tactics would be a big mistake

anyone who is pathetic enough to carry a knife is not going to be detered by images of stab wounds etc , all it will do will give them somthing to aim for or to acheive a much better wound

its just the same as asbos the govenment made a huge fuss about asbos and over night it became trendy to have an asbo

if the govenment truely wanted to deter carring and using a knife they should not put pictures of victims on the net they should put pictures of people caught doing the crime in cells serving 20 years

i bet we will see large rise in knife crime now thet the govenment has gloryfied it

i hope the police do somthing about this kid thats threatening folk with a knife
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 19:55   #12
God Member

It was round near the Pop club and he was terrified. He is not a softy but really scared him. His mum is quite strict so my daughter says so why he was carrying a knife is beyond me. Think you are right about gloryifing things accyman when will it end?
Old 01-06-2008, 20:02   #13
God Member

Quote:
It was round near the Pop club and he was terrified. He is not a softy but really scared him. His mum is quite strict so my daughter says so why he was carrying a knife is beyond me. Think you are right about gloryifing things accyman when will it end?
I'm not surprised he was scared.

I don't know what my son would have done in those circumstances.

It's not something you think to warn them about is it?
Old 01-06-2008, 20:04   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
the problem is all this publicity over knife crime has gloryfied the act of carrying a knife, the government have plastered images of knife crime all over youtube etc and the govenment should have known damn well that their tactics would be a big mistake

anyone who is pathetic enough to carry a knife is not going to be detered by images of stab wounds etc , all it will do will give them somthing to aim for or to acheive a much better wound

its just the same as asbos the govenment made a huge fuss about asbos and over night it became trendy to have an asbo

if the govenment truely wanted to deter carring and using a knife they should not put pictures of victims on the net they should put pictures of people caught doing the crime in cells serving 20 years

i bet we will see large rise in knife crime now thet the govenment has gloryfied it

i hope the police do somthing about this kid thats threatening folk with a knife
Sometimes you talk sense Accyman .. took the words from me mouth.

Bernie ... little twerp eh ? We are trying to encourage them to walk, catch buses, getting them out of the cotton wool situation, and this type of thing happens. Can only hope the offender's mum supported your daughter and gave him loads of ear-ache, but not a certainty these days unfortunately.

Little bit on the news just now, to charge parents and make them more responsible for their children's crimes/behaviour .. hope this will be enforced soon.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 20:21   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Sometimes you talk sense Accyman.
i try to keep it to a minimum

i hope they do start punishing parents for their kids crimes , that way parents may actualy start taking notice in what their kids are up to

that idea alone though is not enough , i would like to see parents be given back the power to control their kids and not get put in prison for giving a well deserved beating to a kid that does this sort of thing
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..