Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2021, 09:42   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Global warming or Human selfishness

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
I am a bear of little brain and big words confuse me.
Ey up! look for your own signature, don't misquote mine.
taddy likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-12-2021, 10:54   #17
Beacon of light

Taddy, you know that I like to educate myself….and part of that is because we have teens in our family who are in sixth form and are doing stuff that boggles the brain.
But here you are just for you.

Our education does not stop when we leave school Taddy.
taddy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2021, 14:30   #18
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
the end of the world will be the 8th December 2022.

Dear Gawd, not again? I keep missing these things!
Old 17-12-2021, 21:49   #19

I know, Dave., It’s really hard to keep up. But maybe some cranks will get it right in 7.5 billion years from now – and they will be able to say with their last breath ‘told you so’.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2021, 08:26   #20

[QUOTE=Less;1261332]Ey up! look for your own signature, don't misquote mine.[IMG]https://www.picgifs.com/avatars/disney/winnie-the-pooh/avatars-winnie-the-pooh-

Sorry Less, I didn't notice
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2021, 08:44   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
I know, Dave., It’s really hard to keep up. But maybe some cranks will get it right in 7.5 billion years from now – and they will be able to say with their last breath ‘told you so’.
will the last man standing please switch off accy web. we go not want some little green men going back on old topics as they,d be back in their rockets in a flash.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 16:44   #22
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Is our greed the simple reason people die in one place when they could move somewhere else. what drives our protectionisms of land that in all respects hardly any of us actually own?

Certainly not down to our greed, "UK" have been one of the most generous nations when it comes to handing out monies to other countries (mainly 3rd world), not just the govt, but private initiatives while neglecting our own in many cases.

As to moving elsewhere, not got an issue with it just so long as those doing the moving are prepared to go through a laid down legal process, are compatible, have skills we require, are not a drain on our society, prepared to assimilate & accept our ways.

As to dying, quite a lot of this is brought about by themselves & their goverments & leaders. Yes nature has a part in it too, but if those in power in these places actually used the support & funds they've been given for the purposes it was given, the majority of these places wouldn't be the basket cases they are & the populace, while not exactly being rich would at least have a reasonable chance at a half way decent life.
Old 20-12-2021, 16:47   #23
Beacon of light

What a very articulate post.
It says it all.
dotti34 and taddy like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2021, 17:04   #24
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It says it all.

Thanks for that Ma.
Old 21-12-2021, 11:44   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It says it all.
but the woke lefty MSM lovers may be offended by the truth and they could cry, crt and cry somemore right through to the new year. Sensible, Lives, Matter.
Old 21-12-2021, 12:01   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

correct Monkey hanger, this sounds hard but i mean it! I couldnt careless what happens to the fools.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 21-12-2021, 15:48   #27
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
but the woke lefty MSM lovers may be offended by the truth and they could cry, crt and cry somemore right through to the new year. Sensible, Lives, Matter.

Quite so mate, but by denying them the oxygen of attention they so desire, they'll eventually start choking & hopefully eventually shut up & crawl off to take up another "Cause celebre!"

There was a little light of hope for us "Normals" the other day with this ruling:-

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1979455.html

And published by the "Indie" no less, there were even articles on Al-Ja Beebra & in the "Grauniad", they must've been frothing having to report a victory for sensible thinking & normalcy.
Old 22-12-2021, 08:23   #28
God Member

the thing is that Hate was always too strong a word. do not know what others feel but i doubt i have ever hated anybody. there are individuals and sections of the community that i may dislike but its a long way from actually hating them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..