Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2016, 08:53   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Go away Moss

All those in authority that are involved in this Farce must be totally stupid and bereft of "ANY" common sense, imho.
Old 19-12-2016, 11:15   #32
God Member

Wasn't Ken Moss the clown who wanted to remove the cross from Accrington crematorium?
We all keep complaing about this buffoon but have we got we deserve? After all it's the people of Hyndburn who vote Moss into office.
cashman and Barrie Yates like this.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 12:33   #33
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Retlaw, you are right it isn't council money.
It is still money that could be used to better the town.
It might be that cutting down the trees is one of the conditions which they have to abide by to get the funding.
I don't know how long the trees have been there. I can't remember a time when they were not there.
They say that these trees stop an uninterrupted view of the market hall.
Personally I would prefer to see the trees.
Sorry to say Margeret, but that money is for that project only, if they (council) tried to use it for anything else they would lose the lot.
No matter whose money it is, its better spent on us than given to them hords in france with the hands out gime gime gime, a good 90% are of military age, and should be fighting for better conditions where thay came from
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 12:36   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well on that basis Retlaw, if they got money to close and demolish Haworth Park, these clowns would accept it.
Old 19-12-2016, 12:43   #35
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I'm pleased to see you put a (?) after "wisdom" Margaret.
Had to Russell, there seems to be nothing like any wisdom in our council...either that or they are hiding their light under a bushel.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 12:49   #36
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Sorry to say Margeret, but that money is for that project only, if they (council) tried to use it for anything else they would lose the lot.
No matter whose money it is, its better spent on us than given to them hords in france with the hands out gime gime gime, a good 90% are of military age, and should be fighting for better conditions where thay came from
Yes Retlaw I do fully appreciate that the money can only be used for this project. I was just making an aside.
I am sure that there must have been opportunities whereby the council could have made improvement(generally) to the town, but everything they do seems to be another nail in the coffin.
We have an absolutely abysmal market, with more vacant stalls than occupied ones. This gives the impression that the town is on the bones of its ar$e.
Maybe it no longer matters as the footfall is diverted down Union st.
I despair, and worse than that I actually hate going into town these days.
I still have to go into town to service Ma's needs, but if it were not for that I think I would give Accrington the flick.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 12:53   #37

Tree protection orders are also controlled by the council, however I have heard of council plans being thwarted before because someone got a TPA on a tree before the planning meeting.

Perhaps contact the appropriate dept at the council and see if one exists on it already.
Stupid idea overall really, looking at the pics where would the taxies drive that cannot read the existing no vehicles signs?
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 13:27   #38
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Wasn't Ken Moss the clown who wanted to remove the cross from Accrington crematorium?
We all keep complaining about this buffoon but have we got we deserve? After all it's the people of Hyndburn who vote Moss into office.
Ken Moss was the councillor who defended the council officers in the areas he is responsible for when they followed government guidelines and removed the cross. You won't find many councillors that will do that, I can think of a few that would have pushed all that blame onto officers doing their jobs correctly. Don't believe everything you read in the papers.
Old 19-12-2016, 13:30   #39
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well on that basis Retlaw, if they got money to close and demolish Haworth Park, these clowns would accept it.
I can't see Haworth Park being the first park to close in Hyndburn because of the art gallery so doubt that will be a problem. It will be one of the parks that isn't tied into a large externally funded project with contracts stating it stay open or pay back the money that will close first.
Old 19-12-2016, 13:37   #40
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
Tree protection orders are also controlled by the council, however I have heard of council plans being thwarted before because someone got a TPA on a tree before the planning meeting.

Perhaps contact the appropriate dept at the council and see if one exists on it already.
Stupid idea overall really, looking at the pics where would the taxies drive that cannot read the existing no vehicles signs?
The planning authority issue TPO's and they also give permission for work to be done on trees with TPO's including removing them so a TPO would only slow things down a bit. I would be very surprised if those trees met the criteria for TPO's
Old 19-12-2016, 13:50   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I can't see Haworth Park being the first park to close in Hyndburn because of the art gallery so doubt that will be a problem. It will be one of the parks that isn't tied into a large externally funded project with contracts stating it stay open or pay back the money that will close first.
I cant, but that wasn't the point.
Old 19-12-2016, 14:28   #42
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Sorry Cashy, it doesn't work like that, them gits as run the lottery funding make you jump thro all sorts of hoops before they'll part with any money, I don't think anything like you proposal would make the first hoop. Even the wording of an application can get a NO, you have to be a wordsmith & liar to win.
cashman likes this.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 15:13   #43
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Sorry Cashy, it doesn't work like that, them gits as run the lottery funding make you jump thro all sorts of hoops before they'll part with any money, I don't think anything like you proposal would make the first hoop. Even the wording of an application can get a NO, you have to be a wordsmith & liar to win.
Those people ( do you always have to be rude? ) who are responsible for lottery funding are just that, responsible for millions of pounds. It may look like they are making applicants jump through hoops but they have to ensure the money is used correctly and that the benefits achieved will match what the applicant says they will. It would be irresponsible of them to just give out the money without all the relevant checks in place.
Old 19-12-2016, 15:27   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

So you reckon removing those trees in front of the Market Hall is using the money correctly Neil?
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 19-12-2016, 16:07   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Don't believe everything you read in the papers.
I can assure you I give as much credence to what is printed in newspapers as I do to anything you post on here.

From The Daily Torygraph:
Crematorium cross removed to avoid offending non-religious visitors - Telegraph
Councillor Ken Moss, who oversees Hyndburn cemeteries, said this reflected the increasing number of humanist and non-religious funerals held at the venue.
cashman and Barrie Yates like this.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tosspot moss

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..