Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2012, 18:41   #136
Common Sense Member

Re: Going far too far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You asked me to name the source. To protect their job, I refuse.
Then here we have a stalemate situation. If I investigated every 'source' on the basis of an internet rumour then I wouldn't have time to do anything else. Much as I admire your moral standpoint, I think I've given you enough pointers to carry on alone.

Ask Cllr Britcliffe, your own ward councillor, to help you.

You'll look great on an election leaflet.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2012, 18:45   #137
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Given your political background I have occasionally despaired of some of your posts, John.

Yes, I hammered Britcliffe while I was in opposition because I saw a twisted vision of how a council should be run and felt that we could do it better. I'm not saying the new Labour administration hasn't made mistakes but I stand by every one of the changes. It is a tremendously difficult time financially - within two years we have lost nearly £5m from the council budget from central government. The days of HBC being a cash cow are now just a PB dream but Britcliffe is gone, so why would I expend energy criticising a man who isn't making the decisions anymore?

Hell's teeth mate, you're still banging on about George Slynn. How long has he been dead?? Times change and so has the style of leadership in the Labour group.

Miles Parkinson has better things to do with his time than worry about his members posting on Accyweb.
Well after constant criticism by myself on here at least he now does put his name to the leaders column in the Observer, instead of the cleaner who was passing the office door at the time, shows you still monitor Accyweb
Old 02-02-2012, 18:48   #138
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Don't deride me just because he won't come on here himself.
You derided Britcliffe, for not coming on here, umpteen times.

This forum is unconnected to any official sort of body.

If people are seeking an official answer from government, this is not the place to do it.

People post on here to publicly share their thoughts.

If politicans wish to come on here, and use it, for whatever reason, that is up to them.

If they just come on here, purely to attack their opponents, or to canvas support for themselves, most people wouldn't miss them if they all disappeared.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 18:52   #139
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Then here we have a stalemate situation. If I investigated every 'source' on the basis of an internet rumour then I wouldn't have time to do anything else. Much as I admire your moral standpoint, I think I've given you enough pointers to carry on alone.

I'm not asking you to waste your time investigating anything.

I'm just posting publicly, the truth of what actually happened.

Fact.

The public can make their own mind up about this whole sorry episode.

Whoops.

Experiment into dealing with town centre drinkers, that the council carried out.

Old 02-02-2012, 18:58   #140
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Pathetic.

I post criticism of some of the loony thing the council have done.

Therefore I'm a Tory.

Some similar small minds used to arrive at the conclusion that I was a raving red, when the council happened to be under control of those you oppose.

I think it's a case of new goggles all round, for those who haven't the ability to see things as they appear in the real world.

Old 02-02-2012, 19:03   #141
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Or even the anteater's, eh Gary? Not a leaf falls, my dear.

If the Conservative group are so feeble as to shy away from their detractors online then it isn't my problem but I've been accused of running away from this forum when the heat was on and yet here I am, taking it square on the chin. It's all good and well pointing out a politician who attacks his opponents but, as has been pointed out, that's life.

Where is Cllr Britcliffe, or indeed any of his flock?

Don't deride me just because he won't come on here himself.
Cllr Britcliffe or his flock never used this forum, but you and your cronies used it as a propaganda match in the run up to the elections last May, I said to you prior to that election, that when the going gets tough we wouldn't see you for dust, today is the first time you've shown your face on here ( could it be a nudge from the top to save face, well its only 4 months to the election)for months, something you said would not happen, that you would always be on here to answer anything which was being undertaken by the new admin, that didn't last long did it. Just like our man in Westminster I think you have lost the respect of a lot of people on this site Ken, but when you live by the sword you die by the sword, that's politics
Old 02-02-2012, 19:11   #142
Give, give, give member

Quote:

I was contacted by your little chum, Cllr. Clare Pritchard, offering to meet me.

When I asked if that would result in the benches being returned, and on what date, and was told that it wouldn't, I said that it would therefore be a complete waste of both our times.

Still, at least she had a stab, at trying to scilence some of the criticism, aimed at stupidly ill thought out actions.

Old 02-02-2012, 19:43   #143
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Still, at least she had a stab, at trying to scilence some of the criticism, aimed at stupidly ill thought out actions.
Yes, a particularly stupid move by the council resulting in a complete cessation of complaints about the problem, save for yourself.

I'd say it was one of the worst moves the council have ever made.

Old 02-02-2012, 19:45   #144
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Oh dear, if ever someone shot themselves in the foot.
Old 02-02-2012, 19:50   #145
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Cllr Britcliffe or his flock never used this forum, but you and your cronies used it as a propaganda match in the run up to the elections last May, I said to you prior to that election, that when the going gets tough we wouldn't see you for dust, today is the first time you've shown your face on here ( could it be a nudge from the top to save face, well its only 4 months to the election)for months, something you said would not happen, that you would always be on here to answer anything which was being undertaken by the new admin, that didn't last long did it. Just like our man in Westminster I think you have lost the respect of a lot of people on this site Ken, but when you live by the sword you die by the sword, that's politics
Given some of the welcoming messages I've received today, I'd say you're a bit off the mark there.

Last night I saw my name on the net in some pretty interesting places but on glancing through this thread I'm afraid I couldn't let it ride. It's a storm in a teacup story and, as you have frequently pointed out, tomorrow's chip paper. Since I'm not up for election and few on this forum have the capacity of voting for me anyway what difference does it make to me personally whether I'm here or not?

It does however make me smile that you think any Labour member is being told to come on here and canvass...

Old 02-02-2012, 19:52   #146
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Oh dear, if ever someone shot themselves in the foot.
Yes, sarcasm doesn't come across very well in text form does it?

Unfortunately for Gary, he is supposedly viewed as the Oswaldtwsitle secret weapon this May.

Somehow I doubt he sees himself as that.

Old 02-02-2012, 19:55   #147
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Yes, sarcasm doesn't come across very well in text form does it?
It comes across ok if yeh use the smiley. Hey if yeh aint up fer election,does that mean yer riding off into the sunset or what?
Old 02-02-2012, 20:03   #148
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
It comes across ok if yeh use the smiley. Hey if yeh aint up fer election,does that mean yer riding off into the sunset or what?
Nope, Rishton (and indeed Hyndburn) is stuck with me till 2014. You get four years once you're elected.

Next year is the County Council elections so no Hyndburn Borough Councillors are in any danger but you'll still have local candidates asking to represent you, this time in County Hall at Preston.

Hyndburn has six County Councillors:

Your Council

Your Council

Your Council

Your Council

Your Council

Your Council

Old 02-02-2012, 20:06   #149
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Yes, a particularly stupid move by the council resulting in a complete cessation of complaints about the problem, save for yourself.

I'd say it was one of the worst moves the council have ever made.
Many people posted they were opposed to the benches being removed.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ket-59394.html

Perhaps you wouldn't be so dismissive if you were disabled, or had mobility issues, or were one of the many other law abiding residents, who were glad to rest a while on those benches.

Your concern is very touching, and I'm sure will be appreciated.

Since you've decided to pop back on here, regarding benches, where are those neighbouring towns, who you said charge you to sit on their public benches?

You never did say, before disappearing to lick your self-inflicted wounds.

I've felt forced to visit more welcoming towns to shop of late, and am yet to be asked to pay to park my arse.

Just name the towns.

I'll go and see for myself, and then come back and publicly shame them.

Old 02-02-2012, 20:09   #150
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Many people posted they were opposed to the benches being removed.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ket-59394.html

Perhaps you wouldn't be so dismissive if you were disabled, or had mobility issues, or were one of the many other law abiding residents, who were glad to rest a while on those benches.

Your concern is very touching, and I'm sure will be appreciated.

Since you've decided to pop back on here, regarding benches, where are those neighbouring towns, who you said charge you to sit on their public benches?

You never did say, before disappearing to lick your self-inflicted wounds.

I've felt forced to visit more welcoming towns to shop of late, and am yet to be asked to pay to park my arse.

Just name the towns.

I'll go and see for myself, and then come back and publicly shame them.
Yes, I remember posting that vividly. As I recall it was about paying for car parking in other towns in a sentence you chose to read in a different way.

Do the honours and remind us all?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..