Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 13:49   #31
God Member

Re: Going far too far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Of course, we have had you say in many a post that you never lie, (lier, lier, pants on fire,(term of accusation)), so everything you post MUST be the truth, how foolish of me.

Note to self, get in touch with HBC and demand that as a council tax ower, I too should be allowed the irritation of hearing strange and unexplained noises within the area, they would make a change from the wierd bullshine Mags, (term of endearment), floods accyweb with.

I wonder, if dog owners have to pick up their crap, can she not be made to pick up the trail of it she leaves all over AccyWeb?
Attached Images
File Type: gif y8344.gif (13.3 KB, 6 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-02-2012, 13:51   #32
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
She hasn't got a point, the detector vans were always a big con, anyone with just a smattering of understanding of electronics could have told you the so called coils on top of the van would have been useless for detecting anything except a low bridge by driving under it!
Do you see them around now? Do you see adverts on the beeb claiming they can even detect tellys in flats?

No, you don't and the reason for that is because it is illegal to use such false claims.
The same goes for the council, if they have claimed they have these over-priced articles with the intention of using them, then they had better have them & use them, or else what they claim is false and illegal.
I stand corrected Less luv.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 14:33   #33
God Member

Just read the article again. What is that moronic dog warden yakking about? Blindness caused by piles of dog poo If the sight of Hyndburn residents is a concern, then surely the next move will be to ban games like conkers ... oops, I get the feeling someone is going to tell me that this has already been done The article gets funnier with every read. And these clowns take themselves soooo seriously.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 14:33   #34
God Member

For those of you with more patience and time to spare than I, this is the legislation that covers Council Sh1t-snoopers...

Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000

-luv.

Old 01-02-2012, 14:54   #35
God Member

im all for people getting fined for letting their pooch poop and not clean up after it but this is just ludricous

out of curisoisty if some nosey neigbour spots someone not cleaning up after their dog and reports their neighbour does C.S.I Hyndburn get called out to DNA test the dog poop to the offending dog or is a nosey neighbours word golden and unquestionable ?

britcliff had his rose tinted spectacles and these lot have turd smeared goggles

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 01-02-2012 at 14:56.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 15:10   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What is that moronic dog warden yakking about? Blindness caused by piles of dog poo .
There are about 10 cases of Toxocaraisis in the whole of the UK every year. So if all dog poo is picked up immediatly that will stop the 1 case every 100 years(proportionately) which might occur in HBC.Right?

Wrong! Once the poo is on the grass the parasites and their eggs are left there even when the poo is removed.Another ill thought out emotional argument.
Dog poo is a disgusting problem but HBCs reaction to it is also disgusting. Also if he's on night shift(double time?) who is looking out for the many more daytime poo droppers?

By the way, even if it's a good camera surely it can't take pictures in the dark?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 15:13   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
There are about 10 cases of Toxocaraisis in the whole of the UK every year. So if all dog poo is picked up immediatly that will stop the 1 case every 100 years(proportionately) which might occur in HBC.Right?

i wonder how many of those cases are caused by cats.All im saying is i often see dog owners pick up their dogs poop but i have NEVER seen a cat owner follow their cat outside and clean up after it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 15:14   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well I did see this myself yesterday in the Mail but thought the usual suspects would have ridiculed me for again referring to that publication. Mind you it does conjure to the image of Mossy creeping about at night with the long range lens on his Camera
Well hes got plenty of time,since he fled from accyweb.
Old 01-02-2012, 15:23   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i wonder how many of those cases are caused by cats.All im saying is i often see dog owners pick up their dogs poop but i have NEVER seen a cat owner follow their cat outside and clean up after it
Good point! The parasites live in round worms and both cats and dogs have them.
Only answer for HBC-totally ban all cats and dogs!
Old 01-02-2012, 15:31   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Shut up Gordon, there daft enough.
Old 01-02-2012, 16:06   #41
God Member

Quote:

Wrong! Once the poo is on the grass the parasites and their eggs are left there even when the poo is removed.Another ill thought out emotional argument.
Dog poo is a disgusting problem but HBCs reaction to it is also disgusting. Also if he's on night shift(double time?) who is looking out for the many more daytime poo droppers?

By the way, even if it's a good camera surely it can't take pictures in the dark?
Of course, one could always slip on the doggie poo and damage one's eye on a sharp stone.
Old 01-02-2012, 16:14   #42
God Member

Quote:
Don't give them any more crazy ideas ... or as soon as they come up with an expensive and unworkable scheme, they will implement it. Am I right in assuming that dog poop on the sidewalks is the most pressing problem facing Hyndburn after what is going on in Kashmir?
Old 01-02-2012, 16:24   #43
God Member

Yeah, spot on there, Eric, luv. The streets are ankle deep in the stuff. We've all got worms and Toxocariasis is endemic. The smell on a summers day... well, you can imagine. Apart from that the old place is just fine, luv.
Old 01-02-2012, 16:36   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Of course, one could always slip on the doggie poo and damage one's eye on a sharp stone.
There's more chance of doing that, Eric. Toxocariasis is readily diagnosable, easy to treat and almost never gets to develop far enough to cause blindness(NHS website).

Quote:
Don't give them any more crazy ideas ... or as soon as they come up with an expensive and unworkable scheme, they will implement it. Am I right in assuming that dog poop on the sidewalks is the most pressing problem facing Hyndburn after what is going on in Kashmir?
Some people believe dogs to be unclean, even if they never pooped.
Old 01-02-2012, 16:52   #45
God Member

Quote:
Toxocariasis is readily diagnosable, easy to treat and almost never gets to develop far enough to cause blindness(NHS website).
More info to counter HBC's hysterical overreaction.

Sadly, most people’s knowledge of the rare Toxocara canis infection is limited to hearsay and hysterical media reports. However the facts are:

• As the eggs of the Toxocara worm take over two weeks to hatch and become active, there are no health risks to you from immediately clearing up after your dog.
  • In tests, only five per cent of pet dogs were found to expel Toxocara worm eggs.
  • Of this five per cent, the majority were pups between two weeks and six months of age or pregnant bitches.
  • Foxes and cats also act as hosts to the Toxocara worm.
  • The incidence of all Toxocara-induced diseases in the UK is only two cases per million of the population. However, this still means that about 40 people are needlessly ill each year.
  • The eggs of the Toxocara worm, if deposited in soil, can lie dormant for up to three years, if the conditions are right. They are highly resilient to temperature changes and chemical disinfectants have little effect on them.
    Source: ( Dogs Trust - Home)

(My emphasis)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..