Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 16:54   #46
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Going far too far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Dog poo is a disgusting problem but HBCs reaction to it is also disgusting. Also if he's on night shift(double time?) who is looking out for the many more daytime poo droppers?
So what would you suggest?

I disagree about more people not picking up during day light. He works shifts anyway so there might not be any extra wages costs. Is double time a guess or a fact for working evenings?

I think this is a good idea but what I want to see is how many people are being caught and fined in the paper each week.

I have noticed a lot more dog mess on our streets and in the parks at the moment. It is always the same at this time of year when it is dark. More people than usual decide not to pick up the mess because they assume they wont be seen by anyone.

Used correctly this equipment could soon be paid for by the extra fines handed out and we could have less mess on the streets.

If anyone has a better idea then why not suggest it instead of just moaning about our council trying to keep our borough clean?
Old 01-02-2012, 16:56   #47
God Member

Incidentally, the mover of the motion is Cllr Moss of Rishton, which has a very healthy and growing population of Foxes.
Old 01-02-2012, 16:58   #48
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
Incidentally, the mover of the motion is Cllr Moss of Rishton, which has a very healthy and growing population of Foxes.
Well done Ken, what have foxes to do with it?
Old 01-02-2012, 17:00   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

If anyone has a better idea then why not suggest it instead of just moaning about our council trying to keep our borough clean?
No one is suggesting that owners should not clean up after their pets. We are complaining about the ludicrous overreaction, the unecessary expense and making a laughing stock of the borough in the national press into the bargain, luv.

And another thing, no one has yet come up with a reason why the owners of horses and cats should not also be required to clean up after their pets.
Old 01-02-2012, 17:04   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Well done Ken, what have foxes to do with it?
No, Neil. Not well done Ken.

Foxes also carry the toxocara worm and are a significant vector for the disease. Does Ken Moss now intend bringing another motion before the council to compell foxes to clear up after themselves on penalty of a fine?
Old 01-02-2012, 17:13   #51
Senior Member+

Dogs are now given an additive with their food so they can pass luminous poo.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 17:19   #52
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Dogs are now given an additive with their food so they can pass luminous poo.
No need to clear it up then, if your out at night and you see something glowing green, it's either the dog warden with his night specs and safety jacket or else a dog turd, no-one would want to step on either.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 17:20   #53
God Member

Oh lord, I'd better not let Acrylic-Biff see this. I'm not sure I can cope with Disco Pooh. Know what I mean, luv?
Old 01-02-2012, 17:24   #54
JFT96

Luminous poo....that will get the conspiracy lot going mad. Luv

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 17:29   #55
God Member

I suppose you could dry it and string it on necklaces and flog em at concerts, luv. Would beat chucking it down the cludgy.
Old 01-02-2012, 17:31   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Good point! The parasites live in round worms and both cats and dogs have them.
Only answer for HBC-totally ban all cats and dogs!
i wouldnt ban them but would like to see laws passed saying all cats must be on a lead when outdoors and cleaned up after.I know it isnt really an option but it would cut down on complaints from neighbours after i drop kick their filthy moggy back over my fence

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 17:37   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
but it would cut down on complaints from neighbours after i drop kick their filthy moggy back over my fence
It's not the animal's fault, they are only obeying instinct, and there is no reasoning with that. If anyone deserves drop kicking it is irresponsible owners, luv.
Old 01-02-2012, 17:38   #58
Senior Member+

Luminous poo!
If you didn't clean it up once there was enough you could turn the street lighting off and save electricity. Although some people would then complain there was no room left for their dog to poop.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 17:42   #59
God Member

You've just given me a marvellous idea, gordon, luv.

Town centre christmas lights, what a talking point. Accrington, The town illuminated by dog crap.
Old 01-02-2012, 17:44   #60
God Member

Or even better:

Hyndburn Borough Council, Not only do they talk crap, but they use it to illuminate the market with.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..