Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 20:33   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Going far too far!

I think someone Is taking the pi.whoops sorry wrong hole again,sorry luv.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-02-2012, 20:45   #77
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
no one has been issuing orders to stay away from Accyweb...I'll never dodge a direct question and will give comments on anything people ask of me but my absence recently has nothing to do with Labour being in control.
Some politicans are like sexually transmitted diseases.

Rather irritating at first.

Then easy to ignore, when there's no sign of further symptoms.

Almost as if it had completely disappeared.

That is until the poor little knob falls off.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 20:56   #78
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Some politicans are like sexually transmitted diseases.

Rather irritating at first.

Then easy to ignore, when there's no sign of further symptoms.

Almost as if it had completely disappeared.

That is until the poor little knob falls off.
I have never had a politician or an STD, obviously you are speaking from having the experience of both so that you can compare, so tell us, if you had to choose, which one would you prefer to have again?

Chuck.

:0

Last edited by Less; 01-02-2012 at 20:59.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 21:08   #79
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I have never had a politician or an STD, obviously you are speaking from having the experience of both so that you can compare, so tell us, if you had to choose, which one would you prefer to have again?

Chuck.

:0
Can't say I have.

I did have a cold sore, and have done the Twist with Michael Portillo.

Herpes wins, every time.

Old 01-02-2012, 21:41   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
......no one has been issuing orders to stay away from Accyweb (or indeed the web in general)..........
I'll never dodge a direct question and will give comments on anything people ask of me but my absence recently has nothing to do with Labour being in control.
Well i can remember quite a few issues were silence is golden Ken, not just by you of course, but "All" those who had quite a lot to say on everything virtually the P.B. brigade said/did, So thats how it looks to me n i dare say quite a few others. So spineless is the word i would use if no-ones been issuing orders.

Last edited by Neil; 02-02-2012 at 09:31. Reason: fix quote
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 21:45   #81
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Good point! The parasites live in round worms and both cats and dogs have them.
Only answer for HBC-totally ban all cats and dogs!
Alkies playing the fool near benches?

Remove the benches.

Problem solved.

Li'l kiddies being blinded by animal plop-plops?

Do a King Herrod.

Cull the lot of 'em.

Problem solved.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Ra-ra skirts, big hair, and loony left councils.

The eighties are certainly back in vogue.

Not many of the first two evident here in Hyndburn, but we definitely have the latter.

Only difference being, rather than being a Nuclear Free Zone, we support the Kashmiris, and are prepared to take one (an Indian nuclear missile) for the mountain boys.

Old 01-02-2012, 22:53   #82
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well i can remember quite a few issues were silence is golden Ken, not just by you of course, but "All" those who had quite a lot to say on everything virtually the P.B. brigade said/did, So thats how it looks to me n i dare say quite a few others. So spineless is the word i would use if no-ones been issuing orders.
I've noticed, and probably you have too big guy (Canadian "term of endearment"), that a politician campaigning for office spouts ideas, opinions, policies, extolls his own qualities for office ... one of which is usually accessability, his willingness to keep in continual contact with his constituents etc. etc. etc. .... Yet once elected he spouts meaningless crocks of horse manure, and becomes invisible and unavailable until the next election

Last edited by Neil; 02-02-2012 at 09:38. Reason: fix quote
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 22:57   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I've noticed, and probably you have too big guy (Canadian "term of endearment"), that a politician campaigning for office spouts ideas, opinions, policies, extolls his own qualities for office ... one of which is usually accessability, his willingness to keep in continual contact with his constituents etc. etc. etc. .... Yet once elected he spouts meaningless crocks of horse manure, and becomes invisible and unavailable until the next election
Oh ive noticed Eric, But its those who say they aint going nowhere, Its like Red Rag To A Bull.

Last edited by Neil; 02-02-2012 at 09:32. Reason: fix quote
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 00:01   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
It's not the animal's fault, they are only obeying instinct, and there is no reasoning with that. If anyone deserves drop kicking it is irresponsible owners, luv.
was joking sweetie i would never drop kick a cat that would mean touching the damn thing.

mind you they sure dont like pole cats

now im off for a shower calling you sweetie just left me feeling unclean

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 00:38   #85
Common Sense Member

I've been talking to someone from West Lancashire Council tonight who knows me well and has ribbed me about this 'night vision goggles' story, telling me that it is doing the rounds all over the net and a quick Google search brought up an Accyweb thread as one of the options.

I have to tell you all that it's a load of rubbish, no one on the Labour side has a clue where it has come from and although we're making a concerted effort to tackle the dog fouling problem we certainly aren't spending thousands on night vision glasses.

I would urge any resident to keep examining council decisions no matter who is running it but just bear in mind that the newspapers only give you a version of the truth. The LT is generally a pretty good paper and The Accrington Observer has improved no end recently by shifting back to reporting more on what communities are doing rather than simply politicians but mistakes are still going to slip through.

I've always maintained that I'll answer any question as factually as I can and anything I don't know can be found out for you. However, when after two years of posting those facts are suddenly distrusted purely because my party is running the council I'm inclined to think that most people in my situation would probably give up trying with Accyweb as well.

For those of you who have had a pop at me in this thread, my absence from Accyweb is a matter of losing interest in debating with members who have suddenly turned on me because I'm now part of the controlling group. As I've said before, repeatedly reporting the facts only to have them spun into something else wears thin fairly quickly.

It's a great forum, I've tried to get more people using it since I first stumbled across it, but most of you now seem to doubt what I'm saying for some reason and so the enjoyment has been kicked out of it for me. No one has ordered me or any of the other Labour members to stay away but I don't want to be part of a forum where I am made out to be something I'm not.

Put simply, it's stopped being fun.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:20   #86
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

With every wish (being in power) there comes a curse (taking abuse) that's the way of the World.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:32   #87
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Put simply, it's stopped being fun.
What a shame.

Was it only 'fun' for you, when you used this forum to attack the then ruling group, and make personal attacks on the former leader?

Diddums.

For those unable to take the heat, the kitchen door's always open for them to leave.

Bye.

You take care.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:09   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
What a shame.

Was it only 'fun' for you, when you used this forum to attack the then ruling group, and make personal attacks on the former leader?

Diddums.

For those unable to take the heat, the kitchen door's always open for them to leave.

Bye.

You take care.
In a nutshell, Ta fer telling us its Daily Mail fairy tale, but i will stick to me original word. "Spineless"
Old 02-02-2012, 08:21   #89
Super Moderator

Quote:
I've always maintained that I'll answer any question as factually as I can and anything I don't know can be found out for you.
Good. Would you care to mosey on over to the "Internationalist Approach at H.B.C." thread and explain the thinking behind that particular decision? I've already asked your colleague, Councillor Dawson, but he seems strangely silent on the subject.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:53   #90
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Good. Would you care to mosey on over to the "Internationalist Approach at H.B.C." thread and explain the thinking behind that particular decision? I've already asked your colleague, Councillor Dawson, but he seems strangely silent on the subject.
Silly chap wynonie, Thats probably were its stopped being "Fun" on here? Expecting a straight answer.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..