Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2011, 14:46   #1
God Member

good news for teachers

apprently teachers will now be able to bring criminal charges against pupils who make false claims against them but as they are under 18 what real punishment acan be dished out.

Heads can prosecute lying pupils - Yahoo! News UK

also if they are allowing teachers to prosecute people who make false claims shouldnt people falsely accused of rape be allowed he same courtesy?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-04-2011, 17:39   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: good news for teachers

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
apprently teachers will now be able to bring criminal charges against pupils who make false claims against them but as they are under 18 what real punishment acan be dished out.

Heads can prosecute lying pupils - Yahoo! News UK

also if they are allowing teachers to prosecute people who make false claims shouldnt people falsely accused of rape be allowed he same courtesy?
Think you've got a very valid point there accyman
Old 04-04-2011, 18:59   #3
God Member

well theres been plenty of times where the woman has admitted in courtthat they made the whole thing up and despite been found not guilty by this the mans name is mud and not only that word dosnt get around as fast of innocence and in a lot of cases by the time not guilty is delivered the mans life has been destroyed while the woman walks away scott free.

iv said before that in cases such as sex crimes the person facing charges should not be named until a guilty verdict is delivered so as to protect them from having tehir lives destroyed even if found innocent.

As for teachers its about time they got some protection but this is not enough.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 04-04-2011, 19:10   #4
JCB

I know two teachers who were accused of abuse .
They were suspended .
In court they were found to be not guilty .
Still their careers were in ruins .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 19:33   #5
Senior Member+

I think this is good that this has come in place.
Some kids now-a-days make things up to look "cool" in front of their mates, which isnt good for the teachers.

I admire teachers now as I think they have one hell of a tough job.
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:15   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
well there's been plenty of times where the woman has admitted in courtthat they made the whole thing up and despite been found not guilty by this the mans name is mud and not only that word dosnt get around as fast of innocence and in a lot of cases by the time not guilty is delivered the mans life has been destroyed while the woman walks away scott free.

iv said before that in cases such as sex crimes the person facing charges should not be named until a guilty verdict is delivered so as to protect them from having tehir lives destroyed even if found innocent.

As for teachers its about time they got some protection but this is not enough.
I agree with you on both counts accyman. When there is a accusation of a sex crime, why is there any need to name either party, as you say on many occasions the good name of a man has been ruined by false accusations, yet nothing is done to redress the balance, there's a few old sayings like no smoke without fire and mud sticks which come into play in these cases, in British law your innocent until proved guilty, but apparently not if your accused of rape. As for teachers, they will still be very vulnerable in the classroom but at least its a start
Old 05-04-2011, 09:18   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
I think this is good that this has come in place.
Some kids now-a-days make things up to look "cool" in front of their mates, which isnt good for the teachers.

I admire teachers now as I think they have one hell of a tough job.
To be quite honest heth I wouldn't want to go into teaching this day and age, I my day the teacher ruled in the classroom no ifs no buts, and as for swearing and actually causing trouble my feet wouldn't have touched on the way to the head masters office
Old 05-04-2011, 12:17   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Why stop at sex crimes ? Surely it should apply equally to all crime ? ABH, aggravated Burglary, fraud, criminal damage, ASB, once your name appears alongside some "red top" headline you're automatically stigmatised, which despite the outcome will remain with the "accused" even after the case has long been stowed in some court house archives.

The problem I see is that this "immunity" can also be a sword of Damocles in that, someone remains unnamed to protect their "integrity" but they have in the past committed similar offences which the court is unaware of due to whatever reason & as such can't make a more informed decision. Others who've been directly affected by this persons previous criminality can't be consulted & previous police records accessed.

I'm neither advocating one form over the other, but I would like to think that should I, be involved in making a decision about someones' fate that I would have all the information possible to assist in reaching a conclusion.

Still, getting back on track, although the teachers now have this option I can't see it making much difference, already faced with unruly pupils & their belligerent parent(s)/guardian(s) gangs do you really think the teachers will want to press charges given the likely acts of retribution they & their families could face ?
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:53   #9
God Member

well another issue that needs resolving is that teachers should not have to fear teh wrath of little johnnys father because the teacher gave detention or lines to little johnny.I know a few teachers and hear plenty of stories where teachers have had to lock themsleves into class rooms until the police arrive because some scumbag parent didnt like their child getting punishment for been an unruly bratt.

if a parent reacts that way not only shoudl they be prosecuted but their child removed from the school and if teh next school happens to be 5 miles extra away and makes getting them there difficult for teh parent then tough doodah

Old 06-04-2011, 08:39   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
well another issue that needs resolving is that teachers should not have to fear teh wrath of little johnnys father because the teacher gave detention or lines to little johnny.I know a few teachers and hear plenty of stories where teachers have had to lock themsleves into class rooms until the police arrive because some scumbag parent didnt like their child getting punishment for been an unruly bratt.

if a parent reacts that way not only shoudl they be prosecuted but their child removed from the school and if teh next school happens to be 5 miles extra away and makes getting them there difficult for the parent then tough doodah
Can't disagree one bit, but why as it been allowed to get like that, it certainly wasn't like that when I was at school, If I'd have gone home and said I'd been kept in detention or had that cane for misbehaving I'd have got another clout round the ear, never mind my Father going to the school to threaten a teacher

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..