Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2005, 13:28   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Good old Moorhead staff!

Sorry KIPAX, having just left this year I've got to disagree with what you have said.

From what it was like in 2000 when I started it was hurrendous, the new head came in and changed the school around totally and its remarkable hwo things have changed since he has came, IMO he needs some sort of recognition....All the staff are great there....

Romps, Mr Mchale has now retired and gone to live in Spain with the wife.....
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2005, 13:28   #47
God Member

There is no head teacher that will match old Ralph Bailey or Kathleen Jones
The PC and do gooder brigade have tied the hands tighter than an Aztec wall fits together.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 13:34   #48
God Member

dont be sorry smiffy.. it would be a sad and boring world if we all agreed on everything... i have my view and you have yours... at least your not trying to stop me having mine or giving me bad karma for having mine.. or making silly threats about libel

I daresay from a puplis point of view its a great place... from this parents point of view its a circus run by bafoons

Last edited by KIPAX; 04-09-2005 at 13:36.
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 13:35   #49
Give, give, give member

If Fearon and Smiffy's great G.C.S.E. exam results are anything to go by it can't be all bad.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 13:37   #50
Senior Member+

Yep I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion.....but with me wittnessing it from when it was very bad to now a very good school over the space of 5 years I'm going to have a different opinion to most people
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 13:38   #51
God Member

But as I said.. yours is the opinion of a pupil and you havent had to deal with the staff like parents do.
Old 04-09-2005, 20:06   #52
Clearly Classy.......

Cheers Smiffy I wasn't sure if he had gone or not. Oh well well done on your exam result.

good luck for your future.

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 21:31   #53
Resident Waffler

I've had to "deal with" staff once or twice and admit to having had a couple of complaints about things which following discussion with the staff concerned and/or headmaster were subsequently sorted out to my satisfaction. I did post about them here on AccyWeb at the time so don't want to go into a repeat saga now.

Nobody is perfect all the time and the way teachers' hands are tied these days by the PC situation they are sometimes fighting a losing battle as regards discipline. There are problems in other schools, in some cases worse problems than there have been at Moorhead since Mr. Bateman's arrival so although he does frustrate me at times I must say he deserves to be praised rather than criticised.

It is rather naive to lump all teachers at the school together and classify them as something inferior just because you have personal disagreements with some of them.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 22:00   #54
God Member

I think the head and the staff at moorhead are *******... and the more people like you tell me what i should think or write then the more I will say it... i have my own mind and opinions and i dont need you to tell me what to think or write thank you.
Old 04-09-2005, 22:04   #55
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
I think the head and the staff at moorhead are *******... and the more people like you tell me what i should think or write then the more I will say it... i have my own mind and opinions and i dont need you to tell me what to think or write thank you.
You are so boring and repetative kipax ------in my humble opinion
Old 04-09-2005, 22:08   #56
Resident Waffler

I wasn't telling you what to think KIPAX. You do get so very defensive don't you? I was merely giving my opinion of the staff and my opinion of the practice of lumping everyone together the way people often do when they have a greivance against a representative of that group (ie "all teenagers", "all single parents" etc) It shows an inability on the part of the complainant to distinguish between members of such groups.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 23:08   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747
You are so boring and repetative kipax ------in my humble opinion
so what? like it or lump it.... but dont cry about it.....
Old 04-09-2005, 23:24   #58
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
you keep going on about having your own opinions so let other people have theirs and stop going on about your opinion youve had so stand back and let others have their say?!
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 12:04   #59
God Member

God o mighty, what started off as a perfectly good thread, has been turned into a something sounding very similar to a nursery kids argument.
How did, a DVD of some people in a school, turn round to how s""t the teachers are.

Forgive me for thinking this is actually THREAD WANDERING.................is nothing going to be done about this??

Great thread Romps.............................I still want one of those DVDs he he he.
Can't wait to have a good Ole' look at some of my ex teachers. Heeeeeeee the memories.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 12:22   #60
God Member

its a messageboard...... if your going to get so upset about a messageboard slinky you may want to think about sedatives or something to keep you calm

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..