Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2010, 23:29   #46
God Member

Re: Good or Bad News - All Dog's To Be Chipped/Insured

on a serious note I know of a couple of dogs that have done damage.. one was a Rott that jumped up and bit a bloke on the nose as soon as he walking in the room.. the other was a small dog who bit a teenage girl on her face.. no legal action taken because both incidents were within family/friends..one dog was destoryed by vets. it would have made no difference if the dogs had been chipped or any licence involved...but I suppose claims could have been made against the owners if a licence was compulsory.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-03-2010, 23:32   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Are we at cross purposes Cashy ? Was talking about dog owners taking out insurance to make sure anyone attacked by their dog would be able to afford treatment or recompense for the victim ?
in that case, the answer lies in severe penalties fer owners of these dogs in my opinion kate. gaoled n made to pay simple as.
Old 17-03-2010, 23:39   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
in that case, the answer lies in severe penalties fer owners of these dogs in my opinion kate. gaoled n made to pay simple as.
Had an amazing experience last night Cashy ... was at Hillock Vale Community centre for a meeting, and they seem to have a 'dog club'. All the dogs do appear to be pedigree ... but is some sort of training for them? They were all well behaved. Gawd ... you should have seen that Great Dane .. then down to the Jack Russell pups. These are people who love and care for their dogs.

Sure this group is available to all ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 23:42   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
some owners may be banged up but have no money to pay for the damage thier dog may have done... I'm thinking more physical than property..the owner gets ten years but some unlucky person gets scared for life?.. some sort of insurance could cover this..been said car insurance type.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 23:45   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Had an amazing experience last night Cashy ... was at Hillock Vale Community centre for a meeting, and they seem to have a 'dog club'. All the dogs do appear to be pedigree ... but is some sort of training for them? They were all well behaved. Gawd ... you should have seen that Great Dane .. then down to the Jack Russell pups. These are people who love and care for their dogs.

Sure this group is available to all ?
Way i see it kate,majority of dog owners are responsible people,Why should they be penalised fer the oiks/******* that are not?
Old 18-03-2010, 07:58   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Until one of your relations gets half their face bitten off by some untrained dog Cashy .. then you will have a change of opinion.
The thing is kate people who keep this type of dog don't give a stuff for the law and would get the insurance anyway it would be the responsible dog owners who would pay for nout, again
Old 18-03-2010, 17:00   #52
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I think we may reach a stage when they will be valuable as a food source.

Being a Dog owner I really can't agree with you on that & I personally find the idea of eating a Dog abhorrent. Although I know some cultures (East Asian) do eat Dog along with Cat. They see these animals in the same light as we see Cows & Pigs.

In the words of Rudyard Kipling "Oh, East is East, & West is West, & never the twain shall meet"

On this one I agree with the fella !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 17:09   #53
God Member

I was served horse in a french hospital.
If food shortages became the norm, I think many would eat dog.
It sounds better than dying of starvation - in which case your dog would end up eating you

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 17:25   #54
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

All dogs are descendants of the Wolf, but if you look how wolf packs behave you will see a very well structured system, respect, discipline, social behaviour & family. This is from wild animals, but their society functions & flourishes, a natural harmony runs through a pack, without it they'd fail. Compare that with the society of man & then judge !

So coming back to our "Domesticated Wolves", if there are breakdowns in their behaviour patterns & an undue aggressiveness, is it really the fault of the animal, put a bad Alpha male / Female into the mix (Humans)? the pack leader who sets the examples ..... well ! As said often enough the Dogs aren't intrinsically bad, it is their owners that make Dogs what they are !
Old 18-03-2010, 17:49   #55
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Horse has been a staple in NW European countries for many years, in Osnabrück our nearest major City, there is still a Butcher who deals in Horse flesh & his business continues to do well due to frequent scares about Foot & Mouth, Swine Pest & BSE to name but a few.

As Westerners I think it would really have to be something apocalyptic before we were regularly, raising & butchering Dogs as a food stuff.

Last edited by Neil; 18-03-2010 at 19:28. Reason: fixed quote
Old 18-03-2010, 18:38   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Quote:
Horse has been a staple in NW European countries for many years, in Osnabrück our nearest major City, there is still a Butcher who deals in Horse flesh & his business continues to do well due to frequent scares about Foot & Mouth, Swine Pest & BSE to name but a few.

As Westerners I think it would really have to be something apocalyptic before we were regularly, raising & butchering Dogs as a food stuff.
Quite right Dave: In the supermarkets here there is always a section in the meat area for "cheval" (horse). I have also eaten horse meat sausages in Sardinia

Last edited by Neil; 18-03-2010 at 19:29. Reason: fixed quote
Barrie Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 18:39   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
in some takeaways in accrington im pretty sure days ending in "Y" are classed as an apocalyptic event

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by Neil; 18-03-2010 at 19:30. Reason: fixed quote
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2010, 19:46   #58
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
in some takeaways in accrington im pretty sure days ending in "Y" are classed as an apocalyptic event
Put up a list so I'll know where to avoid when I visit
Old 18-03-2010, 20:46   #59
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Good or Bad News - All Dog's To Be Chipped/Insured

I agree 100% I have a dog he is insured and chipped, and I am planning on getting a puppy and will do the same with him

Follow me on twitter - nugget123
Find me on facebook username - nugget123

Massive Wrestling Fan (WWE and TNA)

I love Accrington

Alot of people say I am evil, but only if you get on my bad side
nugget123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 17:24   #60

More children killed by family dogs this week! This carnage HAS TO STOP. When will people realise they can't trust dogs. I understand the latest parents have been charged but they will probably get off scot-free. Such negligence should be severely punished (and NO, losing the child may be devastating but it is not sufficient punishment). Murderers by proxy.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..