Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: When will Brown announce his resignation?
Friday, 5th June, after the local election results 1 3.85%
Week beginning 8th June 7 26.92%
Sometine after 15th June 7 26.92%
After Parliament breaks up for it's 13 week holiday 0 0%
At the annual party conference (sept) 0 0%
He hangs on, to the final bitter end in 2010 11 42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 15:10   #31
God Member

Re: Gordon is a Moron until......

i watched have i got news for you the other day and ian hislop made a very interesting coment about the expenses fiasco

he read all the political parties manafestos and said that not one of them had " to be more honest in them "

teh host then said how polotitions were dealing with it was odd as well

he said the expenses fiasco was like having a swimming pool full of pee

no one was saying they peed in the pool but were saying this pool is full of pee therefore the swimming pool is a bad idea

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-06-2009, 01:25   #32
God Member

from reading various news reports it seems Gordon Browns Labour colleagues are now auditioning for roles in a new production of Julius Ceasar and the women Labour MPs trying for roles in Macbeth .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:44   #33
God Member

this is becoming to be known as the blairs witches project lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:50   #34
God Member

tearleaf is a Nazi..and so he has his glory for the day.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:18   #35
God Member

Well I've been predicting Tuesday for a number of days.. I wonder if he will cling on or not!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:55   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Well I've been predicting Tuesday for a number of days.. I wonder if he will cling on or not!
Judging by a photo in the press this morning he ain't got that much to hang on with, he's bitten his fingernails that much they're bleeding
Old 07-06-2009, 19:07   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Judging by a photo in the press this morning he ain't got that much to hang on with, he's bitten his fingernails that much they're bleeding
Could hang on with his ego and arrogance.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 19:17   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Could hang on with his ego and arrogance.

He doesn't think he's arrogant! He must have declared he wasn't arrogant about 6 times in his speech yesterday and in answer to every question!
Old 07-06-2009, 19:24   #39
God Member

I bite my nails when I am under a lot of pressure too.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 19:40   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
He doesn't think he's arrogant! He must have declared he wasn't arrogant about 6 times in his speech yesterday and in answer to every question!
Andrew he is a Fifer and its in his genetic makeup topped up with the way they are brought up. Fifers say they come from the kingdom of Fife and as the Fifer in a very high position in our country he must consider himself the King of Fife.

If he is not arrogant then the moon is made of cheese the oceans are as sweet as honey and pigs soar with the ease and grace of an eagle.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-06-2009, 19:43   #41
God Member

You have to be a bit arrogant to get anywhere. Nobody gets to the top by being modest. Modest people get trampled on.
Old 07-06-2009, 19:46   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
You have to be a bit arrogant to get anywhere. Nobody gets to the top by being modest. Modest people get trampled on.
Very true but there is a limit to how much people will take.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 07-06-2009, 19:52   #43
God Member

There is no need for arrogance, if you have self belief you will get by beter than talking down to people
Old 07-06-2009, 19:53   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Very true but there is a limit to how much people will take.
Gordon Brown is a scapegoat for the rest of the party's failings. I feel quite sorry for him, as he is a very talented man and I do genuinely feel he tried quite hard to please people. Sadly he doesn't want to accept he failed, and it is probably because he can't quite grasp where he has gone wrong and the way people are suddenly turning against him...
Old 07-06-2009, 20:05   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Gordon Brown is a scapegoat for the rest of the party's failings. I feel quite sorry for him, as he is a very talented man and I do genuinely feel he tried quite hard to please people. Sadly he doesn't want to accept he failed, and it is probably because he can't quite grasp where he has gone wrong and the way people are suddenly turning against him...
So in a way he was a bit blinkered and is caught in a box thinking in the box while others are outside the aforementioned box and thinking outside it. He tries to please all but that is nigh on impossible. Lets hope he learns from this and takes it on the chin.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..