Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: When will Brown announce his resignation?
Friday, 5th June, after the local election results 1 3.85%
Week beginning 8th June 7 26.92%
Sometine after 15th June 7 26.92%
After Parliament breaks up for it's 13 week holiday 0 0%
At the annual party conference (sept) 0 0%
He hangs on, to the final bitter end in 2010 11 42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2009, 11:22   #1
God Member

Gordon is a Moron until......

Just heard that the poison dwarf, Hazel Blears is the latest to jump ship. This is one of those wonderful historical moments as we see a government collapse. The question though, is exactly when will Brown announce his resignation? No doubt the men in grey suits are already on their way to Downing Street but as our PM lives in his own world of make believe we cannot anticipate a rational course of action from him. So which politico's on here will stick their necks out and say when he will go, from today?

Put your name to the poll, if you dare.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-06-2009, 11:35   #2
God Member

Re: Gordon is a Moron until......

I see you haven't voted yet either, Tealeaf, what do you think? I suppose it depends a bit on how much of a hammering he gets tomorrow. I think it will be quite bad.

So I think he'll go - he probably won't make a rash decision on Friday but by the middle of next week the witch hunt will have hounded him into the ground.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:37   #3
God Member

I'm with you Gayle....we finally have something in common!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:46   #4
God Member

I think we've agreed in the past - perhaps once at least.

He might possibly decided to call an election for October though. In which case, I think he'd probably stay as leader to lose the election so that who ever takes over has a clean slate.

But I think he'll announce whatever he decides, some time next week.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:56   #5
God Member

I was torn between next week and the week after. I went for next week. Labour could come 3rd or even 4th tomorrow. He has lost his authority to govern and ministers are fleeing the sinking ship. If we get a new Prime Minister he or she may well argue that they need time to put forward their vision, so an early election might not be on the cards.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:56   #6

From the very little I know about politics, I think he'll hang on until the bitter end. Unless something comes up in the meantime about his own expense claims or something equally dodgy, he'll take his cue from his predecessor and hang on until the very last moment.

Let's face it, the only thing that will get him re-elected is if a) someone declares war on us and b) he handles it well.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 16:05   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Yes o.k. all thing's have changed from pear shaped to squashy under foot, but, whatever is the alternative?

Lib dem's? Tory's? BNP?

Will we get a decent Government from the alternatives or just what we deserve?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 16:07   #8
Resting in Peace

Well of course he'll try to hang on till the bitter end, just "getting the Job done" what the hell that means I've never managed to work out, seeing everything's been going tits up for eighteen months now. Can't really think that they'll sack him either, to elect another prime minister without an election is quite frankly taking the P out of the British public
Old 03-06-2009, 16:08   #9
God Member

right i know polling day is tomorrow but with all the crap thats been flying about recently i still havent a clue who i'm going to vote for...should i vote at all...we fought for the right to vote i know, but with everything that has gone on recently why should we vote? i bet there is one hell of a loss in people voting tomorrow compared to the last big one we had
Old 03-06-2009, 16:08   #10
God Member

is tony blair coming back i liked him bcause he at least had the decency to smile while he screwed us over

or do we have to break in a new crook

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 16:27   #11
God Member

If the cash controversy had been confined to just one party it might have made deciding who to vote for that bit easier. But as we have seen there have been representative from across the board feathering their nests. I'm really not sure who to vote for yet.
Old 03-06-2009, 16:31   #12
God Member

exactly my point Bernie
Old 03-06-2009, 16:32   #13
God Member

i reckon a lot of people will be thinking this tomorrow and will make some very rash decisions on who to vote for (possibly closing their eyes and placing the cross wherever), in my opinion its going to be a bad election nomatter what happens
Old 03-06-2009, 16:33   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
If the cash controversy had been confined to just one party it might have made deciding who to vote for that bit easier. But as we have seen there have been representative from across the board feathering their nests. I'm really not sure who to vote for yet.
Go with your mind, surely there can't be room for many choices?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 16:40   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Go with your mind, surely there can't be room for many choices?
Cheeky git

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..