Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2012, 12:38   #136
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Government Spy Program will Monitor you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I don't think they can - if the TV licence people could I think there'd be an outcry by civil liberties groups!

I don't think Wrighty has anything to worry about!
I think they could if they wanted to.

For an example look that the guy on twitter arrested for the comments he made about Fabrice Muamba.
Old 31-03-2012, 13:51   #137
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well i do, Rule1 of any fiddle- Keep yer big gob shut.
Or as good old bill shakespeare said, better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your an idiot than opening it, taking away any reasonable doubt
Old 31-03-2012, 15:10   #138
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

For your literature answer, 0 points. The comment I am led to believe was apparently accredited to Mark Twain.
Old 31-03-2012, 16:27   #139
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
For your literature answer, 0 points. The comment I am led to believe was apparently accredited to Mark Twain.
You could well be right, but still hits the mark, I sometimes get mixed up with Mark and Bill, but they both hit the nail on the head on numerous occasions and the quote is very apt no matter who coined it
Old 31-03-2012, 19:36   #140
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think they could if they wanted to.

For an example look that the guy on twitter arrested for the comments he made about Fabrice Muamba.
If you put your name and address and blatantly said "I refuse to pay my TV licence!" I don't think they will track you off a nick name!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 19:38   #141
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Or as good old bill shakespeare said, better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your an idiot than opening it, taking away any reasonable doubt
In that case you wouldn't post Jaysay!

You call me an idiot but how many threads you started have got over 20,000 views???

A wise man said, " Rather than try and understand why some one is different, it is easier to call them an idiot when you don't understand them!"
Old 31-03-2012, 20:02   #142
Beacon of light

How do you define 'wise'? Is it someone who shares similar views?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 20:04   #143
Beacon of light

Quote:
If you put your name and address and blatantly said "I refuse to pay my TV licence!" I don't think they will track you off a nick name!
I think that if someone in authority really wanted to find out who was behind the nickname they would find out....and probably without too much trouble/effort.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:41   #144
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think that if someone in authority really wanted to find out who was behind the nickname they would find out....and probably without too much trouble/effort.
If you search the internet you will find that the police need a court order to obtain the IP address of a forum/twitter/facebook/etc poster.
The police then request details about who used that IP address at that time/date from the ISP. They may not even need a court order to get the details from the ISP. Depending on the offence this could be enough evidence for a search warrant and seizure of the offending persons PC/phone equipment for forensic investigation.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:51   #145
Beacon of light

Yes Neil, it isn't a great hassle for the police to do this if they feel that the law has been broken.....and we have recently seen evidence of this with the Liam Stacey/ Fabrice Muamba situation.....and there is another one reported in the newspaper today....Noel Edmonds tracked down a Student who had started a facebook page which incited violence against him(Noel Edmonds).
It just doesn't do to suggest to others who are abiding by the law of the land, to break that law.
Wrighty was telling us he didn't have a TV licence, and saying that anyone who had, was 'stupid'.......so he is inciting the breaking of the law.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:18   #146
Resting in Peace

Quote:
In that case you wouldn't post Jaysay!

You call me an idiot but how many threads you started have got over 20,000 views???

A wise man said, " Rather than try and understand why some one is different, it is easier to call them an idiot when you don't understand them!"
Who wants to understand a clown with anti social ideas like you, supporting the use of illegal substances, your a joke, 20,000 hits 20,000 people laughing at you dim wit
Old 02-04-2012, 09:25   #147
Senior Member+

Quote:
Who wants to understand a clown with anti social ideas like you, supporting the use of illegal substances, your a joke, 20,000 hits 20,000 people laughing at you dim wit
ha! ha! ha! ... See showing your ignorance mate - there are several people who did not slag me off like you, Less, Garinda and Cashman did - people who agreed with me and who were intimidated by Garinda and others. Tommiasfc also used the word "Accrington Mafia!" so it seems there are bunch of people like you who jump on every thread and intimidate people with different views!

Today the Independant...

Police and MI5 to get power to watch you on the Web!

Police and MI5 get power to watch you on the web - Home News - UK - The Independent

Old 02-04-2012, 09:35   #148
Resting in Peace

Quote:
ha! ha! ha! ... See showing your ignorance mate - there are several people who did not slag me off like you, Less, Garinda and Cashman did - people who agreed with me and who were intimidated by Garinda and others. Tommiasfc also used the word "Accrington Mafia!" so it seems there are bunch of people like you who jump on every thread and intimidate people with different views!

Today the Independant...

Police and MI5 to get power to watch you on the Web!

Police and MI5 get power to watch you on the web - Home News - UK - The Independent

No your totally wrong, we jump on people who have utter stupid ideas, which insidentally fits you to a tee, there's an old saying if you can't stand the heat keep out the kitchen, might be good advice for you, and I don't need a wall to hide behind
Old 02-04-2012, 09:45   #149
Senior Member+

Quote:
No your totally wrong, we jump on people who have utter stupid ideas, which insidentally fits you to a tee, there's an old saying if you can't stand the heat keep out the kitchen, might be good advice for you, and I don't need a wall to hide behind
Rubbish - in the old days before the internet people would not speak to people like they do here and on the Internet, in pubs there would have been a lot more fights. The thing with the Internet is people can say what they want with no instant comeback, so people like Garinda can be vindictive and get a way with it - they would not do that in a pub or club!

You say "We" yes that is you and the people who agree with you who you have probably met in the pub over the years and have some agreement. The majority are not always right in numbers! ALSO YOU DON'T LISTEN TO OPPOSITE ARGUMENTS!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ni...w=1291&bih=642

Nick Ferrari response to Government Spy issue, 5 mins ago on This Morning: "It's unacceptable - be afraid, be very afraid!"

Last edited by kestrelx; 02-04-2012 at 09:50.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:51   #150
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Rubbish - in the old days before they internet people would not speak to people like they do on the Internet, in pubs there would have been a lot more fights. The thing with the Internet is people can say what they want with no comeback - they would not do that in a pub or club!

You say "We" yes that is you and the people who agree with you who you have probably met in the pub over the years and have some agreement.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ni...w=1291&bih=642

Nick Ferrari response to Government Spy issue, 5 mins ago on This Morning: "It's unacceptable - be afraid be very afraid!"
I'm more affraid of dipsticks like you, spreading your peace and love bother past the splif attitude, now that's what really scares me

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..