Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2012, 19:36   #31
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: Government Spy Program will Monitor you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Why so much aggression? Is it because you are suffering from cold turkey?
Yes I can read, thanks for asking.

What aggression - you seem to be deluded sure your not on LSD!

George Osborne took cocaine: Former prostitute Natalie Rowe repeats drug allegation in TV interview | Mail Online
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2012, 19:39   #32
JFT96

Re: Government Spy Program will Monitor you!

Nope, never been near LSD. Not deluded, but thanks for taking a interest

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 22:02   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
class..George Osbourne snorting coke with "Mistress Pain" ... you are a very naughty boy George
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 09:05   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You should be so lucky!

And how many times- I don't smoke tobacco or dope!
No but you are one
Old 27-02-2012, 09:18   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Firstly, I'm not your pal.

Secondly you just did bother.

Very rough, very inaccurate down to your usual standards.

Obviously you took the time to look, (more than I would do), it's slightly more intersting than you, it's called spam.

Nothing newspeak about it, nor do I find you friendly, however I am fascinated with the idea that you can manage to feed yourself and wipe your own arse, no doubt at the same time though, still, an improvement since you've been taking the drugs, before that it must have been a struggle.
With just a week to go before Google changes to its new privacy policy that allows it to gather, store and use personal information, users have a last chance to delete their Google Browsing History, along with any damning information therein.

Tech News Daily reports that once Google's new unified privacy policy takes effect all data already collected about you, including search queries, sites visited, age, gender and location will be gathered and assigned to your online identity represented by your Gmail and YouTube accounts. After the policy takes effect you are not allowed to opt out without abandoning Google altogether. But now before the policy takes effect, you have the option of deleting your Google Web History by modifying your settings so that Google is unable to associate data collected about you with your Gmail or YouTube accounts.

Tech News Daily reports that Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), a nonprofit organization based in San Francisco that advocates for online privacy, says: "Search data can reveal particularly sensitive information about you, including facts about your location, interests, age, sexual orientation, religion, health concerns, and more."

EFF advises all Google users to delete their web history.

Meanwhile, Center for Digital Democracy has filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, asking the Commission to sue Google to stop the policy change. Tech News Daily reports FTC can impose fines up to $16,000 per day for violation.
Daily Mail reports that deleting your browsing history before March 1 when Google's new privacy policy comes into effect will limit Google's ability to track and record your every move online. The process is simple. Follow the steps below:

1. Go to the google homepage and sign into your account.
2. Click the dropdown menu next to your name in the upper-right hand corner of your screen.
3. Click accounts settings
4. Find the "Services section"
5. Under "Services" there is a sub-section that reads "View, enable, disable web history." Click the link next to it that reads: "Go to Web History."
6. Click on "Remove all Web History"

When you click on "Remove all Web History," a message appears that says " Web History is Paused." What this means is that while Google will continue gathering and storing information about your web history it will make all data anonymous, that is, Google will not associate your Web History information with your online accounts and will therefore be unable to send you customized search results.

Google's ability to gather personalized information about you by assigning data to your Gmail and YouTube accounts will remain "Paused" till you click "Resume."

http://www.digitaljournal.com/articl...#ixzz1nWkrzEUv
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 09:46   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:

6. Click on "Remove all Web History"
"Paused" till you click "Resume."

http://www.digitaljournal.com/articl...#ixzz1nWkrzEUv
Funny that it usually says to me History removed, well it did yesterday
Old 27-02-2012, 12:38   #37
Beacon of light

I have started using Dogpile as a search engine...instead of Google.......I have no account with youtube....and use it infrequently.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 13:30   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have started using Dogpile as a search engine...instead of Google.......I have no account with youtube....and use it infrequently.

is dogpile any good ?

do you need night vision goggles to see dogpile ?

if you dont close down dogpile correctly do you get fined ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 13:47   #39
Beacon of light

You don't need night vision goggles......you don't get fined....and it doesn't smell.
It isn't as 'frilly' as google, utilitarian I guess you would call it. It does the job(no pun intended).
Old 27-02-2012, 13:56   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I thought you were taking the dogpile there, Margaret!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 14:38   #41
Beacon of light

Me? Would I ? Never!
Old 27-02-2012, 18:35   #42
Resting in Peace

Well I've nout to hide so it doesn't bother me really, if anybody wants to know my shopping list, they can hack my weekly email to my daughter
Old 28-02-2012, 18:24   #43
God Member

the government want to spy on our computers and some say that if you are doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about

well i draw my curtains at night and i do this not because i am doing anything illigal i want my privacey just like how i dont want anyone to have my ip address.Im not doing anyting illigal i want my privacey and if the government thinks i am doing something illigal then they should show their evidence to a judge or whatever and get a search warrant just like they would have to if they thought i was doing something illigal in my home.

since 9/11 which didnt even happen in this country our government has placed a blanket of guilt over everyone and somehow this has become accepted.

what happened to the days when proof was needed to establish guilt and most of all what happened to innocent until proven otherwise?

It amazes me how much of our freedom has been taken from us for our own good supposedly.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 28-02-2012 at 18:28.
Old 28-02-2012, 18:30   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Can't remember "Ever" signing in to Google?
Old 28-02-2012, 18:37   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Can't remember "Ever" signing in to Google?

lol you lost me there matey ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..