Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-02-2012, 09:01   #76
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Gordon as soon as I saw Wikipedia I didn't even bother log onto it, end of story
Not everything on wiki is false, just the bits that are relevent to the truth.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-02-2012, 09:14   #77
Resting in Peace

Re: Government Spy Program will Monitor you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Not everything on wiki is false, just the bits that are relevent to the truth.
Ya mean the window dressing Less
Old 29-02-2012, 09:59   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Oh my god we got another.
Perhaps these two are conspiring against the rest of us

As for the electronic eavesdropping - it has been going on at GCHQ for a very ling time
Old 29-02-2012, 10:21   #79
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
"Details about text messages, phone calls, emails and every website visited by members of the public will be kept on record in a bid to combat terrorism.
Quote:
With just a week to go before Google changes to its new privacy policy that allows it to gather, store and use personal information, users have a last chance to delete their Google Browsing History, along with any damning information therein.
Which of our Government departments is called 'Google'?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 14:47   #80
God Member

Just a footnote that if your worried about googole collecting your information after they change their policey your worried a little too late as they have been reading your gmail and googlemail accounts from the very first day they launched them and the same for their browser.Any future amendments to their privacey policey are to tighten up and lessen the chance of them been sued when the rules or privacey change .

just assume if you type anything in google chrome or their email service they pretty much own it and can do what they want with it and show it to who ever they want lol

hushmail are pretty good if you want privacey it seems to be good enough for internet piracey groups and they really dont wanttheir information been handed out lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 14:57   #81
God Member

google also got in touble for collecting data from peoples wireless internet routers when they were mapping google earth

it seems google are a bigger threat than teh government lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 17:49   #82
Resting in Peace

Googles new rules come into force next week (I think) and I read yesterday that only 1 in 8 have read their new info, I know I haven't and to be honest don't think I'll bother, as accyman says its been going on for years anyway
Old 29-02-2012, 18:44   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
Which of our Government departments is called 'Google'?
The google issue is a seperate one, but coincides with this new Government spy program in which internet and phone providers have to keep records for one year and the government have access to them. This so I am told is to make sure non of us are plotting to bomb the Olympics!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 18:51   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The google issue is a seperate one, but coincides with this new Government spy program in which internet and phone providers have to keep records for one year and the government have access to them. This so I am told is to make sure non of us are plotting to bomb the Olympics!
Ya never know what happens when you've been smoking whacky baccy
Old 29-02-2012, 19:14   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya never know what happens when you've been smoking whacky baccy
Are you deaf? And Blind? I told you I don't smoke whacky backy!
Old 29-02-2012, 19:21   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Can't remember "Ever" signing in to Google?
You wouldn't have unless you have a google account - which I didn't want but because I have a few You Tube accounts they kept hassling me to open a google account. But if you are just using it for searching, maybe they won't have much on you?
Old 29-02-2012, 19:24   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Are you deaf? And Blind? I told you I don't smoke whacky backy!
What's this, has Accyweb got sound? No one told me that.

But then, kestrelx, perhaps you're still hearing sounds which aren't really there!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 19:27   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
You wouldn't have unless you have a google account - which I didn't want but because I have a few You Tube accounts they kept hassling me to open a google account. But if you are just using it for searching, maybe they won't have much on you?
Thats good to know,i never had n account as far as i remember, 99% sure.
Old 29-02-2012, 19:34   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by camros View Post
That is, if 9/11 even happened as the US government wants the world to believe it did. There's quite a bit of evidence piled up to suggest a government conspiracy, you know.

And if we're still talking about 1984, that would bring us right to "War is Peace."
Fact is if there hadn't been a 9/11 then there'd have been no Iraq war! It was 9/11 that was used to persuade people we needed the war - where Blair lied and got away with it = Big Brother!

That is a good point Camros - "Peace is War!" We are close to having 2 way television - the technology is there now to have a TV set/ computer, that monitors the actions of the person or persons in a room.

Last edited by kestrelx; 29-02-2012 at 19:37.
Old 29-02-2012, 20:37   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
Oh ye of little brain, let's sort out a few facts:-

We can't be heading for 1984, this, is 2012, (even using your mind bending tools we can't go back in time).

1984 AND George Orwell are fictional,

When the guy put his idea to his publisher's, he called it 1948, they didn't like it being so close to their future, therefore a name change. (guess what to?).

His name well, if you can't google it why should I tell you?

Try reading some of his other books, he was actually a man that lived what he wrote about, so much so, he contracted and died from T.B., (a disease of the real world, not your brain rotting synthetics).

Now, please, don't ever use any of his material in any of your trash posts ever again!
Yes Less I read a lot of his books - 1984, Animal Farm, Down and out in Paris and London etc... his real name was Eric Blair! Thanks for the bio...

I have found a site with 1984 in it's entirety - enjoy

George Orwell - 1984 - Part 1, Chapter 1

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH! FREEDOM IS SLAVERY!

Last edited by kestrelx; 29-02-2012 at 20:40.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..