Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2012, 08:11   #106
Beacon of light

Re: Government Spy Program will Monitor you!

As for fridges and white goods having 'chips' in them....what does that tell the CIA?
That you have two pork pies and a pack of boiled ham in your fridge...therefore you can't be a practising Jew or a Muslim? It is laughable.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2012, 13:42   #107
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You do not have to use the internet....and if you do not use the internet then you are not at risk from viruses in the same way that you are if you connect to the web.
Ok so you may still get a virus if you connect a storage device which has been conncted to a computer which has been used for the internet.

I have a laptop which is not internet ready and has never been connected to the internet.

I have photo's and documents on it and have used it to produce educational stuff .......slide shows and the like.

I will not be buying a TV that is purely internet.....I am not interested in Netflix or such products........I cannot see the CIA having the personnel to monitor everyone on the planet who watches TV............I am sure they will be directing their surveillance to those people who they feel are the ones they need to watch.
Well starting from April all analogue TV's will have to be ditched as the new completely digital service is coming in. That means any old person in a farm somewhere with an old TV just getting the old 5 channels, will have to get digital or not watch TV. This is one step towards having everyone on digital.

I am sure soon they will be able to detect everyone who does not have a TV licence, because of the digital change over. Perhaps they will find away? That is just the start.

Last edited by kestrelx; 28-03-2012 at 13:45.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 17:45   #108
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Well starting from April all analogue TV's will have to be ditched as the new completely digital service is coming in. That means any old person in a farm somewhere with an old TV just getting the old 5 channels, will have to get digital or not watch TV. This is one step towards having everyone on digital.

I am sure soon they will be able to detect everyone who does not have a TV licence, because of the digital change over. Perhaps they will find away? That is just the start.
Well everybody should have a TV licence, If I have to have one so should everybody else and if this is easier to detect I'm all in favour
Old 28-03-2012, 19:52   #109
Beacon of light

You don't actually need to buy a new TV....you can get a converter that fits into a scart at the back(I have one in an old TV that has a VCR player combined)....and for any old person living in a farm somewhwere....they can get a set top box free to ensure they get digital broadcasts.....the changeover in our area was completed quite some time ago.....I know because Ma got her main TV in her living room converted for nothing.....and we bought her a Freeview set for her bedroom.
Old 28-03-2012, 20:18   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well everybody should have a TV licence, If I have to have one so should everybody else and if this is easier to detect I'm all in favour
For one jaysay i don't have a TV license & I don't intend on getting one .. I am not paying for the BBC simple as that! .. more fool you for having one

They are in breach of there contract by receiving funding from the EU
Wrighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 20:38   #111
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
For one jaysay i don't have a TV license & I don't intend on getting one .. I am not paying for the BBC simple as that! .. more fool you for having one

They are in breach of there contract by receiving funding from the EU

I just hope that argument stands up in court.
Old 28-03-2012, 20:53   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I just hope that argument stands up in court.
I do not wish to receive or enter into contract with the BBC , Why should I have to pay for something I don't watch? I know loads of people who have stopped paying for it ... Time to hit these people back in the pocket for all the ripping us off they do!

Each to there own at end of the day & if people want to fund em so be it , not me though .. I will run it as far as I can
Old 28-03-2012, 20:56   #113

Quote:
It's laughable you calling someone else a fool.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 20:58   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
It's laughable you calling someone else a fool.
Blah blah blah , Jog on!

I bet you pay for yours as well?
Old 28-03-2012, 21:02   #115

Quote:
Blah blah blah , Jog on!

I bet you pay for yours as well?
Anyone who avoids paying for a licence is a thief. I'll have a good laugh when you are in court. You really are dim, aren't you?
Old 28-03-2012, 21:07   #116

Dim for not paying ?? ... Saving money seems a smart move to me!

A thief ? who am I stealing from lol .. I don't want there service , Hardly stealing is it ?
Old 28-03-2012, 21:12   #117

Quote:
Dim for not paying ?? ... Saving money seems a smart move to me!

A thief ? who am I stealing from lol .. I don't want there service , Hardly stealing is it ?
Next you will be saying you don't pay for a driving licence or tax your car, that is if you are old enough to drive a car. You are coming across as a little squirt.
Old 28-03-2012, 21:16   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Next you will be saying you don't pay for a driving licence or tax your car, that is if you are old enough to drive a car. You are coming across as a little squirt.
Haha all because I am refusing to pay for a TV license ... & by the way .. I have a choice whether get one or not!
Old 28-03-2012, 21:20   #119

Quote:
Haha all because I am refusing to pay for a TV license ... & by the way .. I have a choice whether get one or not!
The courts won't see it that way when you are caught.
Old 28-03-2012, 21:35   #120
JFT96

There is no need for a 'detector van'. In order to find out if some one has a TV license or not all you need is a list of addresses, say the Electoral Register, or a complete list of every address in the country. Then you just match it up to those who have not got a TV license.
Simples.
Wrighty, I would be very very careful posting how you don't have a license, it may come to bite you.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..