Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-01-2014, 20:06   #46
Beacon of light

Re: Great Harwood: Farmers Market raises £4,000 for charity

I haven't been to Blackburn for shopping since the new market opened. I disliked it then and it hasn't improved in any way.
The glaring floorcovering in the Mall gives me a headache...so I won't be visiting again any time soon.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-01-2014, 21:09   #47

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I do smile at those who post prolifically online and purport to know far more about things than your average man on the street because they have read a few lines of newspaper article and can therefore see what is really going on.

Graham gives a clear cut answer in writing in public and it is still disputed.

Not forgetting those 'infamous' benches that 'outraged' close to three people.

God bless keyboard warriors everywhere.
Earlier today our Graham told people on twitter not to forget to go to the farmers market this sunday (tweet now deleted)...pity he got it wrong by a month despite the attached picture he published clearly showing 2nd March.....guess these labour politicians are right about not believing everything you read on social media.

Especially stuff published in the public domain by our MP

Maybe I should write a post starting 'I do smile at....' or 'clear cut writing in public and it is still disputed'

Then again I'm just an average man in the street who knew that the market was on 2nd March and not 2nd February because I read a flyer and could see what was really going on.

Keyboard warriors 1...Politicians 0...home win
Old 31-01-2014, 21:48   #48
God Member

Quote:
I do smile at those who post prolifically online and purport to know far more about things than your average man on the street because they have read a few lines of newspaper article and can therefore see what is really going on.

How very condescending KM - and I DO wonder, smiling, of course: do you live up on some fluffy white cloud and sustain youself with delicate spoonfuls of ambrosia... x

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 21:51   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
How very condescending KM - and I DO wonder, smiling, of course: do you live up on some fluffy white cloud and sustain youself with delicate spoonfuls of ambrosia... x
I am seriously considering bequeathing a bench to Hyndburn Council - to be placed outside the Market Hall - so that those three - or possibly four -haunches can rest their weight there to posterirty...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2014, 22:28   #50

Quote:
I am seriously considering bequeathing a bench to Hyndburn Council - to be placed outside the Market Hall - so that those three - or possibly four -haunches can rest their weight there to posterirty...
A conversation between myself and Miles Parkinson of the ruling labour group regarding the lack of benches outside the town hall resulted in a 100% labour led council decision to replace them. With a modicum of help from Mobertol, we eventually decided that we would place them in front of the market hall, 11cm to the left of where the conservative benches used to be... this has been a resounding success for the labour run council. People are sitting on these benches.

Councillor Moss, cabinet member for sitting down people said, 'its an outstanding success, only tired people use them because the lazy people can't be bothered to walk the extra 11cm to sit down'

Mobertol said 'I'm glad to help the people of Accrington'

The local MP states categorically that this was a Labour initiative, regardless of what anyone thinks, and tweets that the new benches on Broadway are a success, before hurriedly deleting his tweet after the cabinet member for checking MP's tweets points out that the benches are in front of the market hall and not on Broadway.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:50   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
A conversation between myself and Miles Parkinson of the ruling labour group regarding the lack of benches outside the town hall resulted in a 100% labour led council decision to replace them. With a modicum of help from Mobertol, we eventually decided that we would place them in front of the market hall, 11cm to the left of where the conservative benches used to be... this has been a resounding success for the labour run council. People are sitting on these benches.

Councillor Moss, cabinet member for sitting down people said, 'its an outstanding success, only tired people use them because the lazy people can't be bothered to walk the extra 11cm to sit down'

Mobertol said 'I'm glad to help the people of Accrington'

The local MP states categorically that this was a Labour initiative, regardless of what anyone thinks, and tweets that the new benches on Broadway are a success, before hurriedly deleting his tweet after the cabinet member for checking MP's tweets points out that the benches are in front of the market hall and not on Broadway.
excellent
maxthecollie likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:26   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well fer the first time Ken, i am saying loud n clear yer telling lies, I know far more than 3 people very annoyed about those benches,n as fer keyboard warriors,funny how yeh seem to only come on these days when it suits yer purpose. yeh just gone down in my estimation.
Quote:
Well mobertol,i must say Ken Moss has not responded(shock horror) to my reply despite stating he was telling lies, He posted that on Jan20th n was online a few times until Jan 26th so i can safely say i saw him reading this thread. so i base my comment on the simple fact i do not regard him as stupid or ill informed, so it was the only other option i can see. so hes now gone down even farther in my estimation.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:41   #53
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Earlier today our Graham told people on twitter not to forget to go to the farmers market this sunday (tweet now deleted)...pity he got it wrong by a month despite the attached picture he published clearly showing 2nd March.....guess these labour politicians are right about not believing everything you read on social media.

Especially stuff published in the public domain by our MP

Maybe I should write a post starting 'I do smile at....' or 'clear cut writing in public and it is still disputed'

Then again I'm just an average man in the street who knew that the market was on 2nd March and not 2nd February because I read a flyer and could see what was really going on.

Keyboard warriors 1...Politicians 0...home win
This site might interest you, it shows deleted tweets by politicians including the one you mentioned

Graham Jones MP (UKMPs) - Politwoops
cashman likes this.
Old 07-03-2014, 22:28   #54

Quote:
Still feel that way? Still feel that Accyweb is full of keyboard warriors now that you've bumped into the 'real' version on facebook?

For those of you without fb, this is the result of trying to engage with people without an ounce of argument, debate, wit, fact, research or respect, i.e the nuggets that are the true cowardly keyboard warriors.

Ken Moss
Following an evening of my friends and family being bombarded with threats and abuse by people they have never even met, the Rishton First page will be closed as of this morning.

Unfortunately, we have a group of people who have pried into my personal life over the past 18 months with almost obsessional fervour and it just isn't worth subjecting my nearest and dearest to the constant abuse of people we don't know simply to remain on Facebook.

Privacy is being eroded to the point where personal messages are being copied, taken out of context and shared far beyond the original recipient while visitors to my house are reported on Facebook before they have even left.

As we enter election season, my political opponents and their supporters have begun the dig for dirt and quite honestly I have no desire to descend to that level. Aspects of my private life which have no bearing on my Council work are being reported to the legal department on a regular basis in the hope that I can be removed from office and allegations are now even being made that I am responsible for criminal damage to the property of anyone who disagrees with me.

All of this stems from Facebook which is why it has become more hassle than it is worth. I hope you can all understand my position.

Come and argue with proper folk, although you may get a rough ride for sticking your head above the parapet, you will get 'none of the above' disgusting crud from us
Old 07-03-2014, 22:36   #55
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Great Harwood: Farmers Market raises £4,000 for charity

Wow! Aren't we a nice crowd to talk to compared with that lot.
He'll be happy to come back and discuss benches with 2 or 3 of us after this, maybe we could give him a warm friendly welcome when he returns to the safety of AccyWeb?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:39   #56
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Still feel that way? Still feel that Accyweb is full of keyboard warriors now that you've bumped into the 'real' version on facebook?

For those of you without fb, this is the result of trying to engage with people without an ounce of argument, debate, wit, fact, research or respect, i.e the nuggets that are the true cowardly keyboard warriors.

Ken Moss
Following an evening of my friends and family being bombarded with threats and abuse by people they have never even met, the Rishton First page will be closed as of this morning.

Unfortunately, we have a group of people who have pried into my personal life over the past 18 months with almost obsessional fervour and it just isn't worth subjecting my nearest and dearest to the constant abuse of people we don't know simply to remain on Facebook.

Privacy is being eroded to the point where personal messages are being copied, taken out of context and shared far beyond the original recipient while visitors to my house are reported on Facebook before they have even left.

As we enter election season, my political opponents and their supporters have begun the dig for dirt and quite honestly I have no desire to descend to that level. Aspects of my private life which have no bearing on my Council work are being reported to the legal department on a regular basis in the hope that I can be removed from office and allegations are now even being made that I am responsible for criminal damage to the property of anyone who disagrees with me.

All of this stems from Facebook which is why it has become more hassle than it is worth. I hope you can all understand my position.

Come and argue with proper folk, although you may get a rough ride for sticking your head above the parapet, you will get 'none of the above' disgusting crud from us
Looks like you proved him right about copying and pasting his messages

I can't understand his problem really. He just needs to remove anyone who isn't a real friend or family and set his privacy settings correctly.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:44   #57
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

I can't understand his problem really. He just needs to remove anyone who isn't a real friend or family and set his privacy settings correctly.
My personal page is perfectly secure Neil, the problem came from trolls on Rishton First, a public page I set up for residents to interact with Councillors. It became very trying keeping one eye on Facebook all day when my supporters of my political opponents were spreading personal rumours about my private life which were totally untrue.

The page is now closed except for daily links to Rishton news reports from the blog.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 20:44   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
As a 'super moderator', I'd assume that you'd be able to recognise the difference between copy/pasting a public statement to inform others who may not have seen it and copy/pasting a personal post to malign..obviously I give you too much credit

I also think that Ken has fallen foul of typical facebook morons rather than the secret templar society of political opponents he alludes to. It was an open facebook group, set up to engage with his electorate. Altruistic but still a recipe for disaster. Open groups need 24/7 moderators or they almost always devolve into 'epeen' machismo..someone actually tried to set up another open group to continue the debates..it lasted less than a week.

If as Ken says its a tory plot, they have actually shot themselves in the foot, this particular facebook page has now become just another pro-Hyndburn Labour platform linked to its twitter account.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:47   #59
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
My personal page is perfectly secure Neil, the problem came from trolls on Rishton First, a public page I set up for residents to interact with Councillors. It became very trying keeping one eye on Facebook all day when my supporters of my political opponents were spreading personal rumours about my private life which were totally untrue.

The page is now closed except for daily links to Rishton news reports from the blog.
I hadn't noticed there was a Rishton page but I did notice recently that new posts have to be approved before they appear on the Ossy Area Council page. I can understand why because of the issues you have had and a while ago the Ossy page was full of adverts for e-cigs and other rubbish

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..