Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2007, 22:43   #106
God Member

Re: greg pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady McGough View Post
Kipax, with the greatest of respect, you are being a total ar*e.

all i am asking is what has he done.. i have even posted saying i dont know and he has probably done a lot and does a good job.. i just dont know and wanted someone to tell me.. whats wrogn with that

and for that you post personal insults at me....something you wouldnt do to my face by the way.. and yes i do know who you are.
Old 16-01-2007, 22:49   #107
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Ok here's my two pence..... The only people who seem to be talking any real sense on the majority of this thread (not including those of you who have only chipped in here and there) are Cyfr and Garinda.

Kipax, with the greatest of respect, you are being a total ar*e.

And as for Skippy, the vagueness, the reticence, the evasiveness, the deliberate anti everything Greg Pope wise stance.......are you real or are you "someone else"?????????

I thought I provided a very valid opinion based on my own personal experience - what more can anyone be expected to do?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 22:55   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I thought I provided a very valid opinion based on my own personal experience - what more can anyone be expected to do?
Willow I agree with you, I said in my post "except those of you who have only chipped in"
Old 16-01-2007, 22:55   #109
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Perhaps you have been relegated to the,

Quote:
(not including those of you who have only chipped in here and there)
section.

If that is the case this 'shady' person doesn't know you because you never just chip in, you always jump in feet first and beggar the consequences!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 22:58   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
all i am asking is what has he done.. i have even posted saying i dont know and he has probably done a lot and does a good job.. i just dont know and wanted someone to tell me.. whats wrogn with that

and for that you post personal insults at me....something you wouldnt do to my face by the way.. and yes i do know who you are.
Kipax, I know you know who I am and that's why I posted what I did. I didn't say you WERE an ar*e, I said you were BEING an ar*e. And yes, I would say it to your face in this instance because I believe you were BEING one.

Last edited by Shady McGough; 16-01-2007 at 22:59. Reason: spelling......AGAIN
Shady McGough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 23:03   #111
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Perhaps you have been relegated to the,
(not including those of you who have only chipped in here and there)
section.

If that is the case this 'shady' person doesn't know you because you never just chip in, you always jump in feet first and beggar the consequences!

In which case my feet have been very restrained today

Old 16-01-2007, 23:43   #112
Junior Member+

to less i told everyone that my issue was a council issue i dont see why i would want to blab my personal circumstances to everyone on the forum. thats my choice . im not peter britcliffe in disguise .im being treated like a deamon foor challenging the likes ogfgreg i expect someone of gregs standing to be forthright especially in a face to face meeting. i am not evasive just a private person and bye the way greg indicate later that he has little influence with council issues because it is tory run. i call this fobbing off .
skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 23:45   #113
Resident Waffler

If it's a council issue did you approach the council about it?

Old 16-01-2007, 23:51   #114
God Member

Quote:
Kipax, I know you know who I am and that's why I posted what I did. I didn't say you WERE an ar*e, I said you were BEING an ar*e. .

Actually... I apologise.. I shouldnt have said that... it goes against everything I say about a messageboard ....about not overlapping into real life...

I just think it was a bit off to single me out ... I mean who the hell are you anyways!! ...
Old 17-01-2007, 00:01   #115
God Member

Quote:
The only people who seem to be talking any real sense on the majority of this thread (not including those of you who have only chipped in here and there) are Cyfr and Garinda.
Shady I don't mean to be impolite ... but remove your tongue from Cyfr and Rinds a*se, brown doesn't suit you! There has been many valid points in this thread! You may not agree with them but that doesn't make them any less valid
Old 17-01-2007, 00:04   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy View Post
to less i told everyone that my issue was a council issue i dont see why i would want to blab my personal circumstances to everyone on the forum. thats my choice . im not peter britcliffe in disguise .im being treated like a deamon foor challenging the likes ogfgreg i expect someone of gregs standing to be forthright especially in a face to face meeting. i am not evasive just a private person and bye the way greg indicate later that he has little influence with council issues because it is tory run. i call this fobbing off .
What are you talking about? you are making even less sense now than you were before.
If you don't give the facts then people cannot give an honest opinion on how you have been dealt with, so the whole thread becomes a moot point.

Below is a quote of what I said regarding this thread, where you managed to read an accusation of you being Peter Britcliffe or to decide that I was demonising you from that I've no idea.

Quote:
If what you asked was of such personal nature that you can't discuss it on here then I for one think you are going to have to learn to live with the results of what he has done for you because if with the facts given to him by you, Greg couldn't help, how can we decide that he didn't try hard enough for you when we don't know what you're talking about?
Old 17-01-2007, 09:14   #117
Resident Waffler

I was musing over possibilities - you know, what the heck could skippy have asked of Greg Pope?

I came up with a hypothetical situation.

Supposing a Hyndburn resident had applied for planning permission for something which was totally impractical - a helipad on top of their terraced house for instance - and HBC had rejected the application.

Off the resident/constituent toddles to Greg to ask him, as their MP, to write to HBC and ask them to reconsider. Greg tries to tell resident that it's a daft idea and not to be such a prat (well he wouldn't use the word prat, he's far too polite for that) but resident/constituent insists that Greg should write letter to HBC.

Greg sighs and says "OK I'll write a letter but it won't do any good because it's still a bleepity-bleep-bleep stupid idea."

Resident/constituent complains that Greg has't taken them seriously.

Am I close?

Old 17-01-2007, 09:48   #118
God Member

Just to back Kipax up I too remember the columm where he admitted that his vote on Iraq was against the wishes of his constituents as it was the base of my email to him at the time.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 10:41   #119

Quote:

Supposing a Hyndburn resident had applied for planning permission for something which was totally impractical - a helipad on top of their terraced house for instance - and HBC had rejected the application.

Am I close?
Willow your being silly now, that situation would not arise because our councils esteemed leader would have fast tracked an idea like that through all the planning stages and at the same time announced in the Obbo' how hard he was working to bring new jobs into the area.
Old 17-01-2007, 14:35   #120
God Member

We all know Kipax likes winding people up and sometimes tends to talk through his rear end but this time he's totally correct in what he says. Have a read at this from Greg's very own website:

I certainly wasn’t short of advice in the run-up to the vote. Some of my friends, family and colleagues are opposed to the war and either went on the Stop the War march or otherwise supported it. Labour Party members I’ve known for decades, people who during the 1980s helped drag Labour back from the edge of lunacy and into electability, urged me to oppose it. Some of my best friends in the Commons went in to the division lobbies to oppose the war. Many constituents rang or wrote or e-mailed me and urged me to oppose it too. They probably speak for a majority of voters in Hyndburn. So why did I vote the other way?

Full article: http://www.gregpope.co.uk/story.asp?storyID=6

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Last edited by yerself; 17-01-2007 at 14:40.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..