Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2014, 09:08   #1
Senior Member+

Groupon

Has anyone ordered anything from Groupon and got any sucess? Beware, I ordered some curtains from them on the 17th August with a 7 working days delivery. The money was taken out of my account on the 18th August and I have still not received the curtains. After numerous emails to them and no replies, I contacted my bank to claim "charge back" .My bank is now looking into it and said they have more legal power and will contact Groupon. Watch this space.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2014, 09:29   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Groupon

Why Groupon, Inc. Stock Has Plunged 40% in 2014 - NASDAQ.com looks iffy to me mate,good luck.
Old 09-09-2014, 14:59   #3
God Member

seems very much like wowcher who advertise on telly.Groupon are a legit company but a steh article says they lost inverstors confidence which wa smost likely caused through poor customer service

these fads are ok when they first start up but people move on to the next fad company which is when those still using the old company end up loosing out.I have no doubt wowcher will fall to the same fate when the next fad site comes along

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 16:26   #4
Senior Member+

Just had an email from Groupon with an apology.They say they will cancel my order and pay back the money into my account.
Old 27-09-2014, 23:26   #5

Daughter and I had a 'spa day' booked with an outfit on Manchester Rd, (near Hollands Pies, same side of Rd, would love to name and shame, but guess I'm not allowed) every time we tried to confirm the booking we were met with a barrage of excuses. IE... No water, my car has broken down, electricity is off, my colleague has had an accident, This went on for around six months, on two occasions my daughter had travelled up from London, eventually she contacted Groupon who refunded her money. Guess it depends on which services you require as to whether you get a good service or not.
Jb x

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 21:11   #6
Senior Member+

I have had my money refunded. As the saying goes "Once bitten"
Old 02-10-2014, 19:35   #7

Have had several dealings with Groupon over last 2/3 yrs, no probs at all.
Bought products, and services, cannot rate them highly enough!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:36   #8
Senior Member+

I've had a couple of hotel-stays through Groupon. The hotels were reputable. I think problems were entirely the fault of the supplying companies.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:12   #9

I had 2 car MoTs and full valet for £25 each. Brilliant.
Balbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 13:46   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Whats brilliant, dont always remain so,but then that fact seems difficult to grasp fer some.
Old 03-10-2014, 16:12   #11
Senior Member+

My friend has had a few weekend breaks in decent hotels through Groupon.
Today she received a gift box contains different malt whiskies she ordered last week from them.
I mentioned this thread to her today and she said she had used Groupon many times without a problem.
Even so, I'm not tempted to give them a go.
Old 03-10-2014, 17:26   #12
Senior Member+

I wont use them again

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..