Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2012, 00:34   #16

Re: Gt Harwood bicycle thief caught on home CCTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Sorry meant to say 'not' a euphemism for 'Go Away'...
* an euphemism

(Sorry, couldn't resist )

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-11-2012, 02:31   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
* an euphemism

(Sorry, couldn't resist )
* no, you are incorrect. Research it ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2012, 14:41   #18

Apparently, we're both correct - but my reasoning was wrong, so that makes it just as bad as being completely wrong. Apparently, it's all down to pronunciation, so some words (like history and euphemism) can sometimes use "an" even though they are usually pronounced with a consonant to start.

Thanks for putting me right. It also means there are a bunch of other times where I've been messing it up with regard to abbreviations and acronyms...

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 18:29   #19
God Member

if the theif is caught can we get an update from the thread starter as im curious as to how much notice police take of home security video and if it can be used as evidence.An old neighbour of mine once gave a recording of vandals smashing his car up to police and they lost it.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 18:35   #20
God Member

I look on Facebook daily and if some news is added to that video, I will pass it on. Otherwise I have no way of learning the outcome.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 18:55   #21
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if the theif is caught can we get an update from the thread starter as im curious as to how much notice police take of home security video and if it can be used as evidence.An old neighbour of mine once gave a recording of vandals smashing his car up to police and they lost it.
Funnily enough a friend of mine that had never been in trouble with the Police, was taken to the new Station in B'burn, whilst waiting to be either arrested and put in a cell or as he hoped apologised to and released, he was set upon by two officers, then arrested for attacking them. His solicitor demanded a copy of the surveillance video for the time, guess what? It had vanished never to be seen again, because it had gone they couldn't continue a case against him, unfortunately, because it had vanished he couldn't continue a case of police brutality against them.
Funnily enough, no enquiry was set up to find out where the video had gone to or how it could have been removed.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 18:57   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Funnily enough, no enquiry was set up to find out where the video had gone to or how it could have been removed.
Ah probably there was, but they investigate themselves n confirmed it was lost.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..