Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2012, 22:01   #136
God Member

Re: Gun Control

Here's a humorous little twist on the traditional shotgun wedding

Free gun offered with engagement ring in U.S. - World - CBC News
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-10-2012, 22:09   #137
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Probably offer Grenades wi wedding rings.
Old 14-12-2012, 17:12   #138
God Member

Here we go again ... and again ... this time in Connecticut for chrissake ... looks like some kids were killed But with the GOP controlling the House, don't look for any action on gun control. If the DOP regain control of the House after the mid-terms, Obama (hey, 2nd term, Republicans in disarry, he has nothing to lose) may try to do something. But the individual States have a lot of say. Anyway, I ain't holding my breath.

Connecticut school shooting claims 'multiple' victims - World - CBC News
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 14-12-2012, 18:31   #139
Senior Member+

Normally I'd be saying what a terrible tragedy it is that so many innocent young lives have been taken. But I've had my fingers wrapped on this forum for daring to suggest any change to the right of a US citizen to bear arms.

So I'll save my sympathy for a country that deserves it.
Boeing Guy likes this.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 19:00   #140
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
Normally I'd be saying what a terrible tragedy it is that so many innocent young lives have been taken. But I've had my fingers wrapped on this forum for daring to suggest any change to the right of a US citizen to bear arms.

So I'll save my sympathy for a country that deserves it.
Wouldn't worry about it ... the yanks are anything but shy about criticising other countries for how they run things ... and I don't think that one really has to change their "right to bear arms", just be a little bit more sensible about how arms are sold to the general public. Oh, and The Second Ammendment ... just interpret it in 21st. century terms. So much of the Constitution, even The Bill of Rights is out of date. I mean, nobody gives a thought to the quartering of troops in private homes any more.

As I believe I mentioned before (but I ain't goin' looking for it) I have, as a Canadian citizen, the right to purchase a wide variety of arms. Thing is, it requires more than photo id and a wad of cash to get a Glock 17 when you live north of '49.
Old 14-12-2012, 19:21   #141
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Thing is, it requires more than photo id and a wad of cash to get a Glock 17 when you live north of '49.
No problem here, Eric. You just have to have contacts.Available now for less than I bought mine for on a legal licence in the old days.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 19:25   #142
God Member

CBC now reporting 27 dead including 18 children. But no doubt tv over there is covering the story. This is a big one ...
Old 14-12-2012, 19:42   #143
God Member

I am not convinced that these gun massacres that happen regularly in USA are due to the 'inexplicable madness of a lone gunman'.

Switzerland has a high incidence of gun ownership amongst their population and do not experience such 'rampages'.

Number of guns per capita by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What makes USA vulnerable to these gun rampages is the CIA's active programme producing Manchurian candidates to act out these massacres for the purposes of pressurising the population to accept gun control legislation.

Mass deaths are a tragedy.
Do not assume that the cause the media uses to 'explain' the deaths is neccessarily the whole truth.

CIA creating real life Manchurian Candidates? ? RT

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 20:01   #144
Senior Member+

MargaretR, you're entitled to your conspiracy theories but I find it rather unpleasant when you bring one of them into a discussion about 18 children and 9 adults being murdered today!

He's 24, hardly likely to be a veteran with a remote controlled implant put in by the CIA to turn him into a robot like assassin! His mother was a teacher there and is one of the victims so perhaps there's a connection.Perhaps not.
By all means air your theories but place them with a little more sensitivity!
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 14-12-2012, 20:24   #145
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Sensitivity?
That was her showing sensitivity, you should read what she posts when she's in full rant mode!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 20:32   #146
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Sensitivity?
That was her showing sensitivity, you should read what she posts when she's in full rant mode!
I have and she rarely fails to astonish me.
However, there's a time and a place.
Old 14-12-2012, 20:51   #147
God Member

Children are being killed in greater numbers by governments every day.

The fact that I draw attention to it appears insensitive to you.

I maintain that I would be being insensitive if I ignored it.

Instead I attempt to identify cause and promote awareness, which is the first step in prevention of more bloodshed.

Study reveals 168 child deaths in Pakistan drone war - Channel 4 News

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 20:58   #148
Senior Member+

MargaretR, that's a report from a respectable news channel, not a Russian conspiracy theory website.
If you can't see the difference between the two I'm sorry for you but I can.
And neither one is relevant or applicable to a discussion about the deaths today of 18 children and 9 adults at the hands of a deranged 24 year old.
Boeing Guy and Barrie Yates like this.
Old 14-12-2012, 21:25   #149
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Switzerland unlike the good ole U.S.A. has never had the "Cowboy" mentality, That imho probably constitutes more to these senseless shootings than the rubbish yeh give credit to the C.I.A. fer Margaret.
Old 14-12-2012, 21:29   #150
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
a discussion about the deaths today of 18 children and 9 adults at the hands of a deranged 24 year old.
Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong in thinking that the blood of those murdered children is as much on the hands of anyone arguing against tougher gun laws in the US as it is on the hands of the 'deranged 24 year old'?
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..