Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2012, 22:04   #196
Senior Member+

Re: Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
well, if I may, here's a bit more advice, stop acting like a born again atheist, it isn't a religion, it's the God botherers that need to collect souls.
This thread is sad enough without adding religion to it.
You know... When my friend at work accused me of being an atheist; I told him that I was a borderline atheist. Borderline Agnostic/Atheist. That is the problem with atheists on a whole. They turn being atheist into a religion. Me I just get uptight and I get carried way when confronted with such things....
susie123 likes this.
Old 15-12-2012, 22:18   #197

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, it was different back then.....plastic guns that really bore no resemblance to the real thing......no blood, no gore. It was harmless....not like the video games of today. I am sure they blur the lines of reality.
And the mindless violence of the 1920's was not against children in kindergarten.
I agree with your comment on the instancy of the news coverage...and the fact that it is reported over and over again with every bit of the minutiae of the event played out in front of us.
No blood, no gore in video games, just coloured pixels, no different to the commando magazine covers of my youth with Germans screaming 'achtung spitfeuer' with red inked blood coming out of their stomachs.

The image I posted earlier in this thread, I'd estimate the child at 5 or 6 years old, he's firing a real machine gun....I'd argue that he does not know the difference between that and a plastic gun firing plastic bullets...the people that do know the difference are the parents, who are stupid enough to inure a child to the devastation that real weapons cause by using them as a fun day out. (Hey Chuck instead of going to Disneyworld lets go shoot a lethal weapon at a fridge)

If as you say the blood and gore of games are to blame, why aren't these events happening all over Europe?
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 15-12-2012, 22:20   #198
God Member

One possible explanation is that the killer was drugged.

There is a drug, scopolamine, which eliminates free will and renders the victim totally controllable whilst concious and compliant, with no memory of what they have done when the effect wears off.

Scopolamine Hallucinogen Mind Control Drug In High Doses Date Rape With Scopolamine
extract -
"Scopolamine has become increasingly popular as a date rape drug, because unlike other date rape drugs that knock the victim out, this drug leaves the victim in a state of compliancy, in an awake zombie state, where their mind is totally controlled so they can participate in the rape, then remember nothing at all. It is that very result that made the drug so appealing to the CIA.
This same mind control technique is being used to get victims to commit crimes, sometimes against themselves such as assisting in a robbery or their own murder. While the crimes may be caught by video tape and look like the person committing the crime is using free will, they are actually being controlled to commit the crime, and will have no memory of it afterward.
Used in this high dose illegal manner, any criminal, corrupt law enforcement or government could use the drug as a means of setting up a person to commit a crime. The victim of the dosage would have no memory at all of having committed the crime, but there would no doubt be plenty of evidence for conviction. We have to wonder how many times victims have been convicted of crimes they can not remember committing.
"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ToQ8PWYnu04

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2012, 22:28   #199
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

If that were the case Margaret, how come he topped himself?
jaysay likes this.
Old 15-12-2012, 22:31   #200

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

There is a drug, scopolamine, which eliminates free will and renders the victim totally controllable whilst concious and compliant, with no memory of what they have done when the effect wears off.

Scopolamine Hallucinogen Mind Control Drug In High Doses Date Rape With Scopolamine
extract -
"Scopolamine has become increasingly popular as a date rape drug, because unlike other date rape drugs that knock the victim out, this drug leaves the victim in a state of compliancy, in an awake zombie state, where their mind is totally controlled so they can participate in the rape, then remember nothing at all. It is that very result that made the drug so appealing to the CIA.
This same mind control technique is being used to get victims to commit crimes, sometimes against themselves such as assisting in a robbery or their own murder. While the crimes may be caught by video tape and look like the person committing the crime is using free will, they are actually being controlled to commit the crime, and will have no memory of it afterward.
Used in this high dose illegal manner, any criminal, corrupt law enforcement or government could use the drug as a means of setting up a person to commit a crime. The victim of the dosage would have no memory at all of having committed the crime, but there would no doubt be plenty of evidence for conviction. We have to wonder how many times victims have been convicted of crimes they can not remember committing.
"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ToQ8PWYnu04
Wow! You just exonerated..Hitler, Mussolini, Amin, Saddam, Bin Laden, Stalin, Lenin, Noriega, Karadzic, Mao, Chiang Kai-shek and Pol Pot
Old 15-12-2012, 22:32   #201
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If that were the case Margaret, how come he topped himself?
Because he was told to

Old 15-12-2012, 22:35   #202
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Wow! You just exonerated..Hitler, Mussolini, Amin, Saddam, Bin Laden, Stalin, Lenin, Noriega, Karadzic, Mao, Chiang Kai-shek and Pol Pot
According to David Icke. Hitler was just an innocent street painter until "they" warped his mind into becoming what he was (dont ask)
Old 15-12-2012, 22:36   #203
Senior Member+

Quote:
Because he was told to
Derren Brown did a show where he did his thing and convinced somebody to take a shot at Stephen Fry...
Old 15-12-2012, 22:37   #204
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Because he was told to
Old 15-12-2012, 22:39   #205
God Member

No Free Will - do as they are told.

Remember this clip of James Holmes in court - he looks like he is 'coming round' from something.
They say he was sedated

Old 15-12-2012, 22:44   #206
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Really ? Why does everything calamitous have to be the result of a hidden agenda of some government or other ? Can't it just be as it appears, some delusional, aggrieved or slighted individual decides society in some form has to pay for his issues ?
Old 15-12-2012, 22:47   #207
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Really ? Why does everything calamitous have to be the result of a hidden agenda of some government or other ? Can't it just be as it appears, some delusional, aggrieved or slighted individual decides society in some form has to pay for his issues ?
Entirely possible
I just like you to be aware that other options are available.

Old 15-12-2012, 22:47   #208
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Never,not since yeh can look any owd junk up on tinternet.
Old 15-12-2012, 22:48   #209
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Derren Brown did a show where he did his thing and convinced somebody to take a shot at Stephen Fry...
Don't think that involved any drugs, wasn't it all hypnosis?

From 4OD website:
In The Assassin, the first show in the series, Derren Brown investigates hypnosis and asks if someone could be hypnotised into killing a celebrity. Is this really possible? And which celeb will it be?
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 15-12-2012, 22:49   #210
God Member

Incidentally both James Holmes father, and this latest killer's father are both due to give evidence at the Libor rate fixing enquiry

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..