Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2012, 03:43   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I have five guns and about 200 rounds of ammo. No one questions why I have them. I don't belong to a shooting club, or live on a farm.
So how do you propose preventing the Colorado shootings from happening again, Eric? Shrug your shoulders and say "Oh well, boys will be boys"?
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-07-2012, 08:17   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
....it could be lies with a (gun control) agenda
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ies-48617.html

Nothing surprises me anymore. If I need to chuckle I watch the news.
I find I get more out of what little life I have by stop watching the news, something I did around three months ago, whey add depression to your problems after all there's sod all the man in the street can do about it, which has been proved time and again, you elect somebody local to represent you and within a short time they too are part of the establishment
Old 23-07-2012, 09:04   #18
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I find I get more out of what little life I have by stop watching the news, something I did around three months ago, whey add depression to your problems after all there's sod all the man in the street can do about it
You and me both John, the trouble today is we're bombarded with "news" 24/7 and folks get all worked up about things they see and hear.**** happens and always has whether it's reported or not, you can't change human nature.
Old 23-07-2012, 09:14   #19
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I have five guns and about 200 rounds of ammo. No one questions why I have them. I don't belong to a shooting club, or live on a farm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
So how do you propose preventing the Colorado shootings from happening again, Eric? Shrug your shoulders and say "Oh well, boys will be boys"?
Why ask Eric? What's your take on the matter? Do you really think "preventing the Colorado shootings from happening again" is realistic? Dream on!

It's possible that some folks, through lack of understanding how anyone could want to have such a thing, thinks that everyone who owns a gun has a screw loose and should be locked up. You could equally well say that someone with a murderous intent could fill their car full of explosives and drive it into a crowded shopping centre. But we don't stop people owning cars.
Old 23-07-2012, 09:33   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Why ask Eric? What's your take on the matter? Do you really think "preventing the Colorado shootings from happening again" is realistic? Dream on!

It's possible that some folks, through lack of understanding how anyone could want to have such a thing, thinks that everyone who owns a gun has a screw loose and should be locked up. You could equally well say that someone with a murderous intent could fill their car full of explosives and drive it into a crowded shopping centre. But we don't stop people owning cars.
Well they tried a total ban on handguns in this country over 12 years ago, what good it did I don't know, certainly wouldn't have deterred the criminal, but it did stop genuine shooting enthusiasts from carrying on with the sport, so much so that the British Pistol Shooting Team had to practice in France, while the gangs still carried on shooting each other on the street with great regularity
Old 23-07-2012, 09:33   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
I find I get more out of what little life I have by stop watching the news, something I did around three months ago, whey add depression to your problems after all there's sod all the man in the street can do about it, which has been proved time and again, you elect somebody local to represent you and within a short time they too are part of the establishment
Words of wisdom there John (John is my other name)

Fact is why does anyone who lives in a USA Town or City need an assault rifle? They don't! So simply why are they freely available with very little back ground checks! I would accept that one handgun is alright for self defence which is one main reason these pro-gun people claim is why they have a gun. It really as a Massive problem to change the law as there are thousands of yanks with weapons more than legally allowed and so on! It's a minefield basically.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 09:38   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Words of wisdom there John (John is my other name)

Fact is why does anyone who lives in a USA Town or City need an assault rifle? They don't! I would accept that one handgun is alright for self defence which is one main reason these pro-gun people claim is why they have a gun. It really as a Massive problem to change the law as there are thousands of yanks with weapons more than legally allowed and so on! It's a minefield basically.
Why does any ordinary citizen need an assault rifle is my question, if their argument is well I need a gun for self protection, its a little bit cumbersome walking the streets with an AK47 slung over your shoulder
Old 23-07-2012, 09:42   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Why does any ordinary citizen need an assault rifle is my question, if their argument is well I need a gun for self protection, its a little bit cumbersome walking the streets with an AK47 slung over your shoulder
That's my point exactly!

Concerning this Aurora shooter - James Holmes, the Sun newspaper claims he sat in the cinema for 20 mins before starting his attack. How do you sit in a cinema with a shotgun and an assault rifle and not get confronted by security? Doesn't make sense!
Old 23-07-2012, 09:45   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
That's my point exactly!

Concerning this Aurora shooter - James Holmes, the Sun newspaper claims he sat in the cinema for 20 mins before starting his attack. How do you sit in a cinema with a shotgun and an assault rifle and not get confronted by security? Doesn't make sense!
Haven't heard that, but it does seem very strange, even for the good old US of A doesn't it
Old 23-07-2012, 09:49   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Haven't heard that, but it does seem very strange, even for the good old US of A doesn't it
Well I read somewhere else it said he was sitting in the cinema, then got a phone call, left the theatre and moments latter "someone" burst in wearing all the protective gear and helmet and started the carnage.
Old 23-07-2012, 09:53   #26
God Member

Quote:
That's my point exactly!

There is one version of the story that a person exited a fire door, wedged it slightly ajar, and he allegedly gained entry that way.

Whether you believe any of it is up to you.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 09:55   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
So you believe what the media have reported
In Sunday's Sun it says James Holmes had studied the Norweigan killer Breivik who killed 69 people last year Read the manifest of Anders Behring Breivik

Coincidently this attack took place 1 year after Breivik's to the day. Both these people were heavily into playing violent video games - perhaps the were living out violent video games fantasies.
Old 23-07-2012, 09:58   #28
God Member

Quote:
Both these people were heavily into playing violent video games
So you believe that too
Did you know either of them personally?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 09:59   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well I read somewhere else it said he was sitting in the cinema, then got a phone call, left the theatre and moments latter "someone" burst in wearing all the protective gear and helmet and started the carnage.
Read on the net this morning that they have arrested another chap for threatening more outrages if they didn't set free the guy they have for the incident, makes you wonder whether it was a one man job
Old 23-07-2012, 10:02   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
So you believe that too
Did you know either of them personally?
Well Breivik supposedly admitted playing video games as practice for his slaughter!

You can't disbelieve everything.

This is what the news said last night about it...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..