Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2013, 08:08   #286
Resting in Peace

Re: Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
There was plenty when I was there in January - you can only go off hearsay but willing to bet you would love some of your so called "plastics" at Deadwood
No there are real fans at Ewood
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-05-2013, 08:10   #287
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
they did have quite a lot of plastic fans almost the day after they got promoted to the premier league but they soon dwindled away when they started dropping down the league and are now even loosing their loyal fans thanks to venkies.

Maybe burnley can lend them a few supporters and show a bit of support for a local club thats not doing quite as good as they are
Last two home gates 15,000 19000+ Burnley only had anything near that this season once when they played Rovers
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 14:54   #288
God Member

I realize this is an old thread; but I just couldn't resist this. Guns in bars

Georgia's 'guns everywhere' bill celebrated by pro-gun lobby - World - CBC News

Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 17:49   #289
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I realize this is an old thread; but I just couldn't resist this. Guns in bars

Georgia's 'guns everywhere' bill celebrated by pro-gun lobby - World - CBC News

Few selected quotes after this weeks shooting over here at Fort Hood, Texas, Eric.

Sources confirmed that the pistol used in the attack was bought from the same store, Guns Galore in nearby Killeen, where the soldier behind the 2009 gun rampage at Fort Hood purchased his.

Officials have said that Lopez had served in Iraq and was being assessed for post-traumatic stress disorder.

At an event for Paralympians, some of them former military members, President Barack Obama said the shooting was "tragic".
"To see this unspeakable, senseless violence happen in a place where they're supposed to feel safe - home base - is tragic.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 17:59   #290
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
President Barack Obama said the shooting was "tragic".
"To see this unspeakable, senseless violence happen in a place where they're supposed to feel safe - home base - is tragic.
Well he would say that wouldn't he? No President dare do sod all though,to try n curb this, it would be political suicide wi the Dingbats oer yon.
Eric likes this.
Old 04-04-2014, 18:51   #291
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well he would say that wouldn't he? No President dare do sod all though,to try n curb this, it would be political suicide wi the Dingbats oer yon.
And there's that word "tragic" again ... nothing tragic about it. Maybe it's more "tragic" that just about anybody with a drivers licence, or reasonable facsimile thereof, can acquire enough firepower to arm an infantry battalion. Interesting that one can now take his gun to church ... that's the yanks: god and guns. Gotta luv 'em. And the country with more military firepower than the rest of the world put together is one where many of its citizens have a "shoot first" mentality. I wonder what kind of background checks they do on the guys in the missile silos?
Old 04-04-2014, 19:56   #292
I am Banned

Quoting from USA Today "The shooter was not required to have his weapon registered with the military since he lived off post" I would have thought that was all the more reason to do so?
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 15:34   #293
God Member

Finally, Texas catches up with 44 other States:

Texas Is Now an 'Open Carry' State for Handguns | Fox News Insider

Gotta luv the Yanks and thier guns.
Old 03-01-2016, 15:57   #294
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

a nation of complete knobheads in general imho.
Eric likes this.
Old 03-01-2016, 17:02   #295
God Member

There are limits in Texas ... you can't open carry if you are on parole (but you can still own a gun.) Oh, and you can't have a gun if your name is Mohamed or Ali, or anything similar. And if Trump is elected, Jesus won't be able to carry.
Old 03-01-2016, 18:24   #296
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And if Trump is elected, Jesus won't be able to carry.
Isn't he supposed to carry his own everlasting piece/peace?

Last edited by Less; 03-01-2016 at 18:33.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 20:31   #297
God Member

i kind of like the idea of a set of rules that a government cant change that allows the population to shoot its government if the government gets above its self

we banned guns years ago but it didnt stop a kid getting shot by a stray bullet from a criminal a few years back as he played in the street on his bike or the gun crime we still have today

not saying we should have guns but when our government took guns away from people who only used them in gun clubs perhaps they should have taken the guns away from the criminals as well and kept guns from getting to them

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..