Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2010, 12:00   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Gypsies

I think there is a clue in the fact that a post of mine was deleted. Was nothing offensive at all ... just that I put up a quote from GypoDec's post 38 where he had shown a link to a Gypsy funeral in Lancaster. The link has also been deleted on this post. Could this have been a fictitious piece of reporting I wonder and easy to spot??

Wouldn't normally question a deletion but I will in this case. ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2010, 15:09   #77
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I think there is a clue in the fact that a post of mine was deleted. Was nothing offensive at all ... just that I put up a quote from GypoDec's post 38 where he had shown a link to a Gypsy funeral in Lancaster. The link has also been deleted on this post. Could this have been a fictitious piece of reporting I wonder and easy to spot??

Na kate is just the mods have sussed you out as a trouble maker
Old 04-01-2010, 15:11   #78
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by vera View Post
I am sorry Jaysay, but i did, or do not, know Gordie, so you have me at a disadvantage. Simply, not got a clue who you talking about
He's a numpty that comes on here and stirs it up occasionally
Old 04-01-2010, 15:24   #79

Oh, so they are beginning to breed on here? Don't need any.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 16:39   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

was post 40 the link was on kate. which has vanished completly. its now neils is that post.
Old 04-01-2010, 21:14   #81
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Evenin' all, just read through what has been said on the site here. If young GypsyDec (who by his own entries is only 18-19 ?) seems to think the UK & in particular Accy is full of hostility and racism, he really hasn't seen the world and is making a fuss over things he doesn't fully understand. I live in Germany and we have two types of Gypsies here there are the Sinti, believed to have originated in & around India/Asia and travelled across, and then the Romany from the Balkan/Roumania/hungary they have also travelled across and both "tribes" have settled in western Europe.
Now the Sinti settle down and work hard, but usually in the Summer they'll pick up and wander off for 6 month, but they always come back home and lead "normal lives" as for the Romany they'll be on the move pretty much permanently the only time they seem to settle is when they do seasonal work, but once that's finished they'll up and away and sadly sometimes leaving a right mess behind and with some kit that isn't technically theirs. So the Romany get slated from the Locals and by their Sinti cousins. So in effect they bring it upon themselves, unfortunately we also get the Irish Travellers, note the distinction here, "Travellers not Gypsies" every couple of years they turn up in Germany illegally occupy a site that isn't even designated then flood the area with offers of drives being laid/brickwork etc, they stay around as long as they can before they're moved on by the Town, usually by force and they leave behind a lot of bad feeling/rubbish & resentment. This then sets the tone & feeling towards other types of folk be they Traveller/Gypsy/Foreign. So before you start calling the locals look to your own doorstep first.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 22:02   #82
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
was post 40 the link was on kate. which has vanished completly. its now neils is that post.
Don't start blaming me
Old 04-01-2010, 22:24   #83
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Not blaming you at all Neil, the information about looking to your own doorstep was for young GypsyDec. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.
Old 04-01-2010, 22:41   #84
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Not blaming you at all Neil, the information about looking to your own doorstep was for young GypsyDec. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.
ya didn't cause confusion Dave, ya are confused, neil was quoting me.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:41   #85
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Yep, that about sums it up Cashy, I'm easily confused hence the Donkey, but I'll get there eventually.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:52   #86
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Yep, that about sums it up Cashy, I'm easily confused hence the Donkey, but I'll get there eventually.
I do like that donkey Dave, it looks a lot like Cashman
Old 05-01-2010, 10:08   #87

Gypsy
" A member of a people that arrived in Europe in migrations from northern India around the 14th century, now also living in North America and Australia. Many Gypsy groups have preserved elements of their traditional culture, including an itinerant existence and the Romany language."
Can't see any mention of Ireland
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 18:54   #88
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Been a bit quiet in here lately, do you think young Gypsy Dec has got a monk on & gone back to Ireland ? you are a cruel bunch
Old 06-01-2010, 20:08   #89

hard to get a signal when you dont have a landline ! lol

especially in this weather
GypoDec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 17:36   #90
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Welcome back son, been out travellin??

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..