Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2005, 13:11   #16
Resting in peace

Re: Gypsies/travellers

I stand corrected, A-B! - but pikies is pikies. Another sub-species.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-03-2005, 13:21   #17
God Member

Isn't that what Romany Gypsies refer to tinkers as?
Old 18-03-2005, 13:22   #18
God Member

Not that it is in any way important.
Old 18-03-2005, 13:23   #19
Senior Member+

*L*

its all about respect which they lack... i'm just glad that land behind asda isnt there any more i'm sure thats where they wanted to go much to their let down

it was in the mail (?) i think that there's a court case going thru now regarding this and the govt has ruled the european law cannot overturn uk law regarding the free stay of the gypsies
Old 18-03-2005, 13:23   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

How much s***e have they left behind them?
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 13:26   #21
Senior Member+

Gypsies' rights to stay on local authority land without permission are to be scrutinised by the House of Lords. Three of the country's leading judges today dismissed an appeal by a gypsy family that a council had contravened their human rights by evicting them from land they occupied without licence or consent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
Old 18-03-2005, 13:45   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
there gone

halibloody leuja

Weeeeeeeeeeee giro day
bobthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 13:47   #23
Senior Member+

I thought Personal Issue day was Thursdays...

Maybe that's changed as well then!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 13:47   #24
God Member

Thanks for that Mani, the article goes on to say that the court case is funded by the taxpayer to the tune of £300,000, all of which will go into the pockets of Barristers and Solicitors. And though the court of appeal accepts that the family had no right to go onto land that was not theirs, and though Article 8 of the convention clearly states that rights can be interfered with if they are against the law, the Lords of Appeal (all former Barristers) decided to wring that last few quid out of the case and send it to the House of Lords for a decision by the Law Lords (also all former Barristers).

Talk about a license to print money!
Old 18-03-2005, 13:52   #25
I am Banned

what exactly are gypsies then...?

are we talking about the thugs at hucoat caravan park who gang up on innocent people out with their partners in town because they are alone and cant put up much of a fight or are we talking about the gypsies that shack up with women in rented accomodation and burgle the surrounding houses and vandalise surrounding properties and also riot in the streets over who stole the last bottle of cider until 5 am in the morning

sorry i just need clarification as to which kind of scum is classed as gypsie

anyone whos had the misfortune of having gypsies from huncoat move in on their street will know what ime talking about

even the so called propper gypsies that run the fairs cant stick them thats why you see less of the huncot gypsie around town when the fair is here

Last edited by chav1; 18-03-2005 at 13:54.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 14:02   #26
God Member

Gypsies are a distinct racial group who left the indian sub-continent and moved into south eastern Europe in the thirteenth century. These were the people who travelled about the country from fair to fair telling fortunes and treating sick animals before the advent of the veterinary profession. They are characterised by swarthy complexions black hair and brown eyes and are fiercely proud of their identity. Hitler murdered hundreds of thousands of them in an attempt to wipe them out. He failed. It was considered at the time of European Enlargement, last year, that thousands of them would migrate here from Hungary Czechoslvakia and Rumania, where they are regarded as second class citizens and paracites. They are few in number in this country.

The rest are Irish tinkers or social drop-outs.
Old 18-03-2005, 15:20   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
there gone

halibloody leuja
Didn't realise they'd gone. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 16:54   #28
Junior Member+

tolerance people, tolerance.
StvKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 16:56   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Ok then Mr Tolerant, why dont you invite then to park on your property for a few weeks
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 17:03   #30
Junior Member+

there is one site down my lane and another new set up two miles away. when did accy become a nazi town?
StvKy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..