Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2005, 17:08   #31

Re: Gypsies/travellers

Most travellers are roaming bands of scroungers and thives,but I've got alot of time for propper Gypsies,where I used to live we had a field and we would get a horsedrawn Gypsy caravan stay there every year going to Applebury fair,they were no trouble and only stayed a few days and were gone,these lot of tinkers will find the Human rights act very useful I'm sure!

wayneyboy1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-03-2005, 17:13   #32
Junior Member+

and consider this, the travellers didn't make the laws
StvKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 17:16   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvKy
and consider this, the travellers didn't make the laws
Nah...and they don't pay taxes, either. Then again,we no longer make laws. It's all done for us by those bandits in Brussels, and we abide by them whether we like it or not. Unlike our Traveller chums.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 18:00   #34
I am Banned

Quote:
there is one site down my lane and another new set up two miles away. when did accy become a nazi town?
were not a nazi town but people who spout crap like you do are the reson why they get away with so much

its bad enough we got less rights than criminals and imgrants but were also supposed to tollerat having less rights than these scum as well

they are not hated for living in caravans they are hated for been theiving dirty bastards

Last edited by chav1; 18-03-2005 at 18:01.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 18:50   #35
Senior Member+

Quote: (Originally Posted by StvKy)
there is one site down my lane and another new set up two miles away. when did accy become a nazi town?

From that quote it obviously isn't as there are 2 sites for the thieving Barstewards

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 18:56   #36
Junior Member+

Basf, I live just outside Evesham in Worcestershire, the closest site to me is Hipton Hill council site and the new illegal camp is at Wyre Piddle.
StvKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 19:02   #37
I am Banned

feel free to speak out about our problems when you live in our town please

your gypsies may clean up after themselves but the ones in accy most certainly didnt
Old 18-03-2005, 19:21   #38

Quote:
tolerance people, tolerance.
C'mon, what planet you on...... or do you live in a caravan????

And do you leave your s**t for others to clear up??
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 22:02   #39
Resident Waffler

For about 6 weeks every summer I live in a caravan. The caravan is in a farmer's field. We have a tap for drinking water. Of course we create rubbish, but we act responsibly and put our rubbish into bags and deliver it to a designated area from where the council refuse department collect it. We pay an annual fee for the privilege of staying in that field. When we leave, we leave the field and surrounding area exactly as we found it.

One summer we were invaded by undesirables. They camped about six inches from my windbreak and actually blocked the opening which we walk through to get out! They helped themselves to things from the farm yard and to the steps from our caravan to build a barbeque on! When they left (following a dispute with other campers) they left an area of rubbish about the size of a six man tent!

Several families and individuals camp in that field every summer on a regular basis, other people come and go as a one-off. The difference with this family and the rest of us is the same as the difference between the lot who set up camp on the Aldi car park and the old fashioned Romany Gipsies who were/are a proud and noble people. The people we object to are those who make life a misery for the rest of us. Their chosen way of life isn't the problem. It's the contempt with which they treat the rest of society. If I walked into someone's house, lived there for a while, ate their food and left the house full of rubbish wouldn't they have a right to complain? If on the other hand I rent a room at a B&B, pay for my bed and breakfast and leave the place clean and tidy there would be no problem. THAT is the difference.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 22:12   #40
God Member

The thing that makes me laugh, they don't pay any tax, they leave the place in a right mess but have you seen inside some of their caravans some of them are gorgeous. It showed one on a TV interview lovely white leather suite, loads of expensive ornaments but i suppose they can afford it when they don't pay the bills everyone else has too!!!
Old 18-03-2005, 23:00   #41
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
The thing that makes me laugh, they don't pay any tax, they leave the place in a right mess but have you seen inside some of their caravans some of them are gorgeous. It showed one on a TV interview lovely white leather suite, loads of expensive ornaments but i suppose they can afford it when they don't pay the bills everyone else has too!!!
stolen goods are cheap

its even cheaper when your the person doing the stealing
Old 19-03-2005, 00:47   #42
Always EVIL within us

Many moons back (about 30 years) I started off married life in a mobile home on a static site. I paid through the nose for the site, and amenities like water etc and then the gov of the day declared that we should pay rates on mobile homes despite us not having brick walls or security. They even sent an inspector round to check how many rooms were in the mobile home so as to work out how much extra we should be charged.

At the same time, a "permanent" site was arranged for the travellers just 2 miles away and with the agreement of the council, they paid nothing at all in rates "as there was a need to settle these people down" They had electricity, water and sewage pipes laid on at vast cost to US .......and they used it like a holiday home! If you are passing, chuck your van on this concrete slab, use the amenities and move on in three months.

It was a no-go area for anyone that wasn't a traveller and the council tried to put a manager in charge......but after the first one left,(rather quickly) no one would take on the job!

The site is still thriving, local pubs and shops ban them from entering their premises, and the site is a total mess..........but they are there to stay!!!!
Old 19-03-2005, 07:17   #43
God Member

According to Liverpool University, there are 23,000 irish tinkers in the Republic of Ireland, 7,000 in Northern Ireland and 15,000 in mainland UK.

In the links below there are a couple of news items that should give us all cause for concern and something to consider when the election comes around. There is an online petition to John Prescott for you to sign, and there is the story of the villagers of Cambridge and their campaign against travellers. Enjoy!

Article here re: John Prescott and travellers “rights”

http://www.conservatives.com/tile.do?def=news.story.page&obj_id=120453&speeches =1

And another…

http://society.guardian.co.uk/localgovt/story/0,7890,1433321,00.html

There is a petition to sign here…

http://www.petitiononline.com/CEN/petition.html

And there are pages of stuff here and a good idea to force councils to change their minds – Withold your Council Tax…

http://www.middleenglandinrevolt.co.uk/index.html

Victory of sorts. This is a follow up to the story in the previous link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cambridgeshire/4340567.stm

Old 19-03-2005, 08:12   #44
Resident Waffler

Oh how I agree with Philip Hammond. And what's all this about travellers just want to settle down and find work and send their children to school? It's not April 1st yet is it?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2005, 15:05   #45
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Oh how I agree with Philip Hammond. And what's all this about travellers just want to settle down and find work and send their children to school? It's not April 1st yet is it?
no but its still a bloody joke

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..