Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2005, 22:38   #1
Always EVIL within us

Angry Gypsies/travellers

They are back!!!! This time they have taken over half of Aldi's car park in Accy. As I drove in, several men where milling about in the car park so I made sure that I parked as close to the supermarket as possible. In the store there were uniformed security staff, a necessity but off-putting to the customers.........Their turnover will take a massive dive while the travellers remain and they have the extra burden of additional security, I wonder how much sleep the store manager will be getting? None,I bet.

As I returned to the car, I witnessed a tiny toddler walking in front of cars exiting the car park, he is so small, he wouldn't be seen over the bonnet from drivers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg travellers 001 (600 x 450)2.jpg (55.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg travellers 002 (600 x 450)2.jpg (60.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg travellers 003 (600 x 450)3.jpg (48.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg travellers 004 (600 x 450)4.jpg (61.7 KB, 50 views)
Old 17-03-2005, 22:43   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Gypsies/travellers

What you don't see on those photographs is the amount of rubbish dumped outside each caravan at the other end. I wanted to photograph that but I think Busman thought we might be pushing our luck if they saw us taking the pics.

They've got calor gas bottles connected up and everything.

Incidentally I think the woman heading towards the toddler was another car driver who had simply spotted the child and was on a rescue mission.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 23:29   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Any local farmers spare a few minutes with a muck spreader. That threat usually gets them on the move.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 23:45   #4
Senior Member+

*LOL*
that wud b interesting to see
i was actually going to do a thread on gypsies and the current thing with them using the human rights act as a reason to park where they want
i think the problem is they dont actually respect the place where they parking up - thats the real prob

i dont think anyone wud have any prob with them if they behaved themselves and then cleaned up after themselves. i accept there are ppl who chose this lifestyle rather than staying in one house etc... but at least respect the place where ur parkin then maybe ppl wudnt mind them stayin nearby

i've personally had enough trouble with them to last a lifetime and thats without them living near me!!
Old 17-03-2005, 23:49   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I would be amazing if they have legal vehicles so where are the police - probably busy selling illegal DVD's ( see post elsewhere on this board )
Old 18-03-2005, 07:41   #6
God Member

Another bunch of theiving scroungers protected by the European Convention on Human Rights, because they are now an officially recognised ethnic minority!
They don't pay Income Tax, Road Tax, National Insurance or Council Tax but we still have to pick up the bills for cleaning up after them, educating their disruptive brats and their health care! We have to fork out social security to keep them in the style to which they have become accustomed and, no doubt, we also have to provide pensions when they get too old to travel anymore.
I wonder when being English will earn me the same protection and latitude!

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 18-03-2005 at 07:49.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 08:24   #7
I am Banned

aldi should make th epolice move them on as its private property

saying that though the police turn a blind eye to the drug deals that go down on that car park at night so why should they bother about theiving gypos
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 08:45   #8
Always EVIL within us

The Aldi car park is close to amenities and certainly shops soI wonder if they are considering putting up permanent buildings there? As reported in the national papers recently, travellers are unique in that they do not require planning permission or need to actually own the land......and their "plight" is supported by many M.P's and the PC Brigade!
Old 18-03-2005, 10:01   #9
I am Banned

they better not let them settle there if they want prmament accomdatin they can live in houses like the rest of us

if anyone was to take matters into thier own hands like you see on tv when farmers fire their caravans etc i would for one turn a blind eye to it

hell i would pay for the petrol if it got rid of the theiving scum
Old 18-03-2005, 11:00   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Should we send them to Australia on the next convict ship or to America on the next God Squad boat
Old 18-03-2005, 11:02   #11
Senior Member+

Stick them on a boat then when they are over the Marianas Trench, sink it

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 12:55   #12
white rabbits

i remember being on holiday a few years ago, ,,a red faced farmer came into a shop where i was shopping to phone the police ,,he was foaming at the mouth ,,the gypsies that had appeared overnight had milked all his cows ,i know it was serious to him .but i couldent help laughing to myself ,the cheek of it ..
Old 18-03-2005, 12:55   #13
Resting in peace

Hang on, this lot are NOT gypsies, who are a recognised ethnic minority, and are usually clean and decent people. This lot are PIKIES - there is a world of difference. Pikies move onto a site, trash it, and move on. They have no respect for anyone else's rights or property, but are SOOOO well aware of their own.

They could have their caravans confiscated, but then we would have to rehouse them in Council housing, subsidising them at our expense. Australia sounds like a great idea to me, there's loads of space just waiting to be parked on, and they can make friends with the locals - the vipers, the funnel-web spiders, and the crocodiles!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 13:01   #14
I am Banned

there gone

halibloody leuja
Old 18-03-2005, 13:08   #15
God Member

Errrmmm, actually Pendy, if they are Irish Tinkers then, as stupid as it sounds, they are defined as an ethnic minority! There was a bit of a hoo-hah in the National Press about it last week!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..